Height: 5'5'

Thanks Kim,
Looking forward to this!!!
Bonni
Old 01-02-2010, 11:54 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 178/164/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello bonmike!

Sorry to take so long in getting that recipe to you girls for the rice. It was to nice yesterday and today, so I painted and cut wood. Yippee!
Give it a try and see how you like it.

Here is the recipe:

FRIED RICE
5 cups grated cauliflower (one head) I used the hand grater, (be careful of your fingers) but you can use a good food processor.
1 tsp salt (or to taste)
2 cups chicken broth
4 stalks celery, slice
3 TB diced pimento (optional)
1/3 cup finally chopped onion
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 TB granular Splenda
1 TB unseasoned rice or white wine vinegar
2 eggs
2TB water

Add grated cauliflower, salt, and chicken broth to large uncovered non-stick skillet over medium heat and boil till cauliflower is very soft and liquid is almost gone, 20-30 minutes. Add vegetables, seasonings, Splenda, and vinegar. Stir often. When mixture has reduced enough to begin to clump, move to side of pan. Beat eggs with water; add to empty side of pan and allow to cook through (scramble) then stir the cooked eggs into the rice mixture. Continue to cook and stir until proper consistency is attained.
Makes about 6 cups - per 1 1/2 cups: 115 calories, 3 g fat, 12 protein, 4 fiber

This really tastes like fried rice. It's delicious!

I was looking at the fat in this. I think it must be coming from the eggs. I bet we could use Egg Beaters. Also try to get FF chicken broth, that might save us more fat. Probably could lose the salt. The soy sauce is pretty salty by its self.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:59 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 169/162/140

Thank you all for the great welcome!!! You are really getting me psyched!!!
Bonni
Old 01-03-2010, 12:12 AM   #50  

Just ran across another recipe you can make with the grated cauliflower.

SPANISH RICE

6 oz. bacon, diced (3-4 slices, optional)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup any flavor bell pepper, chopped
3 tsp. garlic
2 cups Mexican-style stewed tomatoes (1 avg. can)
1/4 tsp salt (optional)
1/2 tsp black pepper (adjust to taste)
5 cups grated fresh cauliflower

Fry diced bacon until crisp; add onion and bell pepper, continue to cook until softened. Add garlic and cook 1-2 more minutes, then stir in remaining ingredients and continue to cook until liquid evaporates and proper consistency is reached. Stir occasionally.
Makes 4 cups - per 1 cup: 24 fat, 5 fiber, 7 protein

Ok ladies, I know this has bacon right at the top but I wanted to leave it the way it was and then you can make the adjustments we need to fit our program. (remember this is a low carb recipe) Maybe use a little bacon bits if you want to. You could probably leave out the bacon completely and it would still taste like Spanish Rice. After you make it, put it in a casserole dish and sprinkle with a little ff cheese and bake till melted. Could add some sliced black olives to the top for pretty?

Enjoy!
Carol
Old 01-03-2010, 12:19 AM   #51  

Welcome aboard Bonni,

You'll like it here. The ladies are so friendly!

Oh, you're in Florida! Is it nice back there? Never been there.....yet. Some day my turn will come.

I just posted a couple cauliflower recipes I used when I was Lcarbing. I really liked them. Very tasty. The mashed potato recipe is a keeper also. Posted it earlier. All using cauliflower.

We'll have to tweak this last one and leave out the bacon. I bet it'll still be good.

Carol
Old 01-03-2010, 12:27 PM   #52  

Default Can a bagel be eaten on a baseline day?

Hi all, on my 2nd week and was wondering if a bagel can be eaten with eggs on one of the baseline days as P/S? It is listed as P/S on a carb up day. Can it be considered as a starch or is it in the SA category(bread) on the carb up days only? Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellielou View Post
Good afternoon all! I'm ready for the new year there's always something good about the new year because it serves as a fresh start.

The eating was good yesterday. I'm off vacation (was off last week) so I'm glad to get back to some structured eating. I usually eat @ 7:15, 10:15, 1:15, 4:15, 6:30, and a snack around 8. So far the times are working for me. Workout was good today. Did a full body routine plus 16 minutes of a walk run. My heart was a pumping. My batteries wore out on my polar so I'm dying to get it replaced. I feel kind of lost without it.

Here's to a strong week all!
Old 01-03-2010, 12:58 PM   #53  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up WooHoo Recipes & Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolis60 View Post
I just posted a couple cauliflower recipes I used when I was Lcarbing.
Carol
Carol! These are look'n GOOD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinachnyc2010 View Post
Hi all, on my 2nd week and was wondering if a bagel can be eaten with eggs on one of the baseline days as P/S? It is listed as P/S on a carb up day. Can it be considered as a starch or is it in the SA category(bread) on the carb up days only? Help!
SpinachNYC2010!
Personally, I would hold off doing anything that might be "iffy" on the second week. You might compare the nutritional information to the suggested Ezekiel 4:9 Bread - here is the information from the Sesame flavored package:

Serving Size - 1 slice
Calories - 80
Calories from Fat - 5
Calories from Sat Fat - 0
Total Fat - 0.5g
Cholesterol - 0mg
Sodium - 80mg
Potassium - 75mg
Total Carbs - 14g
Dietary Fiber - 3g
Sugars - 0g
Protein - 4g

I hope this helps you in making your food choice!

Old 01-03-2010, 02:04 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 191/182/150

Height: 5'7

Lots of new faces around here, welcome all!!! Well I lost a total of 9lbs over the past 9 weeks. This is amazing for me because I have not seen the scale move like this in years!

We are going to workout with our trainer for the last time. He's a college student going off to an internship so we are going to miss him. Myself, dh, and two friends are signing up today for an 8k at the end of March so it will be exciting to train for that.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:46 PM   #55  

Default thank you

Thanks for the warm welcome Prairie.

Unfortunatately, I had the bagel this morning and then realized this is "iffy". I went to google more info about and I'm so glad found this site. I will now only have this on carb up days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieChick View Post
Carol! These are look'n GOOD!

SpinachNYC2010!
Personally, I would hold off doing anything that might be "iffy" on the second week. You might compare the nutritional information to the suggested Ezekiel 4:9 Bread - here is the information from the Sesame flavored package:

Serving Size - 1 slice
Calories - 80
Calories from Fat - 5
Calories from Sat Fat - 0
Total Fat - 0.5g
Cholesterol - 0mg
Sodium - 80mg
Potassium - 75mg
Total Carbs - 14g
Dietary Fiber - 3g
Sugars - 0g
Protein - 4g

I hope this helps you in making your food choice!

Old 01-03-2010, 03:47 PM   #56  
New ME in 2010!

Wink We Learn everyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinachnyc2010 View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome Prairie.

Unfortunatately, I had the bagel this morning and then realized this is "iffy". I went to google more info about and I'm so glad found this site. I will now only have this on carb up days.
Well SpinachNYC2010 - don't beat yourself up over it!
Just do the BEST you can, OK! One little mistake is not gon'a throw you off kilter much - now if you would continue to do the BAGEL - then we'd have to talk! Just Kidding! NOT!
Old 01-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #57  

Ok..so tomorrow is the first day to change my life. I am SO ready to do this. I know I CAN do this! We ALL can! We need to eat to live and not live to eat! Food should be our nourishment and strength....not our downfall and weakness. (yes I am psyching myself up)

Let's all face this challenge head on and win girls! what do ya say?
Old 01-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #58  
New ME in 2010!

Cool Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieLou View Post
Ok..so tomorrow is the first day to change my life. I am SO ready to do this. I know I CAN do this! We ALL can! We need to eat to live and not live to eat! Food should be our nourishment and strength....not our downfall and weakness. (yes I am psyching myself up)

Let's all face this challenge head on and win girls! what do ya say?
LeslieLou - kinda sounds like it!
Don't worry - Deplete is easier than you think - don't be nervous
Right around day 3-4 you are going to go into SHIFT mode - you will get a BURST of energy and you will FEEL TERRIFIC!

Go over the shopping list (page 81) and you are ready!
Remember, fat is not counted in week one - fat will be your friend - give you a little of the energy you will be craving day 1 - 3 or 4.

BUT - Count Carbs - CARBS Count!

So, don't use any low-Carb/low-fat products for this week (Deplete). And don't worry about exercise this week either - your body is going through some BIG changes already. Wendy encourages NO EXERCISE this week.

The BETTER you do during these 7 days, the easier the rest of the program will be - AND - your eventual fat loss will be!

When Counting Carbs - count them as "ACTIVE CARBS". What is that???
Here is the formula: Carbs - Fiber = Active Carbs
LIMIT carbs to less than 20 Active Carbs per day.

Don't forget your brocolli - one cup a day, each day on Deplete. You can fix it anyway you want - steam it or eat it raw!

No Snacking between meals.
Use only 1 Serving of fat per meal.
Eat every 3 - 4 hours, up to 2 hours before bed.

Eat 6 meals per day, if you can't really try for 5.
If you can only eat 4 meals - skip meal 2 or 4 & 6
If you can only eat 5 meals - skip meal 2 or 4 or 6

Read Labels
Keep a Positive Attitude
Eat Whole Foods, Good Foods, REAL Foods.
Be precise - No room for error this week!

Now..............let's get'r done!

Old 01-03-2010, 05:07 PM   #59  

yep, yep, and yep LOL! Everything Wendy said in her book and I have read it many times now!!!!!!!! I am not nervous..I am EXCITED!!!!!!!!!

I will do this and also maintain my gluten-free plan. I plan to do Wendy's plan but later folllow it and do low-carb at the same time, keeping in mind to eat every two to three hours and make sure there is protein in that.

Next week will start back on my WATP exercise program and speed up this process....later add some weights in....want some muscle tone!

Old 01-03-2010, 05:27 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 169/162/140

Hi Everyone!!!
I just went back and read all the previous posts!!! What GREAT info! But I am soooo confused now. LOL
So "tomorrow is the first day of the rest of our lifes"
It's nice to have so many people in the same boat. I haven't weighed myself since my 2 week vacation started, but will tomorrow morning.

I will start deplete with the rest of you. Thanks for the info since, i only have the conquer book. I will make sure to count carbs and be under 20 per day.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
Bonni

Kim, is it too late to get those sheets that were previously mentioned??
Closed Thread