Old 03-10-2008, 09:26 AM   #1  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Default Let's LC Chat! March 10th thru March 16th

'Morning LC'ers! And I do mean Morning . . . turning my already messed up night shift body clock totally upside down this week . . . ughughugh! I've got two modified day shifts to work and then . . . no work scheduled until the strike is over at one of our suppliers. Sending )))strength vibes((((( to my striking bretheren!

To top it all off - re-got the flu again!!!

Exact. same. crud.

Earaches/headaches/exhaustion . . . all I can hope it'll be shorter this time . . . slept for about 30 hours and didn't run the highhigh fever so remain hopeful. How you feeling petra?

Welcome rafaella!

And WB fitintime & crabbycakes!

Didn't get out to look for DaVinci ccakes -tx for the tips on where to look . . . looking forward to having some extra time starting Wednesday to do so - & tx az for the DANDR Review - rereading is on my To Do List as well!

Intrigued by all the talk about the book Jemima J . . *scribbling on ever expanding list*

Loved reading your Wedding Story scalmie & that you're still wearing your zip up jogging suit. Too cute that DH said that in the yard! *scribbling spring cleaning on same list* Thinking this virus is living/flourishing here in ClutterVille!

Also loved your Pirate Princess, fay! . . . doubloons & booty . . . my Inner Warrior was knocked flat over the weekend but have already done my floor exercises andtaking the Westie for a romp b4 my new day shift self hits the road.

Hiya to bambi & lily & sylvia & lynn & & & & & & . . . Ready for a Faboo LC Week gals?

Congrats on your ticker lynn . . . w/i this morning myself and think my ticker change will be close to your current weight. Have been weighing on two different scales and not changing 'cause of the difference . . . so ready for ONEderland, are you?

Found the March Exercise Sticky puncie - tx for getting it going! (Had to enter my little unconcsious guy for the last two days!)

aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/110

Hi aud! And hi everyone!
there´s two LC Chats, I didn´t know which one to post in, but wen for the top one lol!

Buuu Aud, seems u´re not feeling very good, you know what works great for me? To exercise like crazy and sweat like a pig, then have a hot shower and go directly to bed, it´s like a "sweat off" the virus.. Donpt know if it´s healthy or not but it has worked for me a few times!!

I had an early start today studying procesal law (I´m studying for the equivalent of the BAR exam)! Now I´m on a break but have to go back in a while!

Hope u all have a great monday!!!
Rafaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:40 AM   #3  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I'm new to the weekly chats, just kept waiting to catch it at the beginning!

I am the only low carb vegan I know. Yes, that's right...Vegan and low carb! I'm in ketosis even. My diet is pretty limited for the time being and I may go to a higher carb level or switch it up soon, but for now, it's working, so I thought I'd jump in.

I've been sick (just found out yesterday I have bronchitis ) and haven't been eating much of anything at all. I plan on trying to eat today. I need some greens in my system!

Aud, I hope you feel better soon!

Rafaela, are you studying alone or in a group/class? Best of luck!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:46 AM   #4  

Hi SoulBliss!!! Welcome! I´m new too, just joined yesterday!
A little question, whaat do u eat if u´re a vegan? I mean what are ur protein and fat sources? Just curious..

Mmm I finished law school, now I´m studying for the final final exam and I´m studying alone, it sucks, but it´s the only way for me! I´ve been stdying for like 6 months already and still have a lot left.. hope to take the exam (which is an oral 2 hr exam with 3 or 4 professor and public) the first week of June, and hopefully with a few kgs less!
Old 03-10-2008, 10:52 AM   #5  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Well then, welcome to you too!

I eat soy and tofu, soy, hemp, and other vegan protein powders, nuts, seeds, occasionally seitan (wheat gluten), olive and coconut oil (sometimes other vegetable oils too), homemade dressings for salads, kale, chard, collards, broccoli, asparagus, cabbages, bok choy, basically all green leafy vegetables.

I also make my own dark chocolate with erythritol and stevia and drink a lot of green tea, herbal tea and unsweetened almond milk.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:05 PM   #6  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

So many sick chaters, I hope everyone feels better soon!

Aud, swiching from nights to days and back , and dealing with the supplier strikes, it's no wonder you're worn out!
I like how you use the little symbols for your exercise.

I have added Jemina J to my list of requests from the library so I'll be getting it soon.

Good luck with your studying Rafealla!! It sounds like a very tough course.

Soulbliss wow, you are the only person I've heard of who is both vegan and doing LC, I think your diet looks great.

Have a good one , Low carbin' ladies.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:58 PM   #7  

Soulbliss, you eat a lot of great things, I thought it was almost imposible to be vegan and low carber but u probed me wrong!!

Tks 4 all ur nice wishes girls!

I´m officially angry... yesterday I used my last ketostix, luckily it went purple, but that means I have to buy new ones. Here in Chile we have 3 main pharmacy chains, and they only bring KetoDiabur Test, those are the strips made by Roche, and they cost $18.800 chilean pesos, that´s more than 40 dollars!!!!
I can´t believe it.... the Diabetes Association sells them at 35 dollars but only for member (which I´m not cause I´m not diabetic).. well, I´m really angry, I´ve read some of you buy the strips for 5- 10 dollars and here it´s really expensive.. and as a student I don´t have too much money grrrrrrrrr I hate living so far away!
Old 03-10-2008, 03:16 PM   #8  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

Hello All and Welcome SoulBliss & Rafaella!!!

SoulBliss - Wow! Your diet does seem great...I also didn't know that you could do low-carb and be a Vegan..coool! Can you post your recipe for making home-made dark chocolate...I just bought some erythritol, but I don't have stevia? I can get it at my local health food store though. I'd really appreciate it if you could...been looking for a recipe for homemade chocolate for a long time.

Rafaella - Sometimes we forget how much things costs abroad cuz of customs/shipping, etc. So sorry the Keto sticks are so expensive where you live. However, there are other signs of Ketosis other than the strips. Bitter taste in your mouth, Bad Breath (unfortunately...and only in the beginning), and some people report an unexplainable "sweet taste" in the mouth. Good luck though...on passing the Bar! I'm sure you'll be looking fabulous upon receiving your degree!

Hello to everyone...Aud, SIC, BAB, Lily, Azure, Lynnar!!! Hope you are all feeling well. I agree with Rafaella on the exercise tip. When I was sick...I worked out, sweat like a monster, and slept...it did seem to help shake the flu faster...but may not help everyone...so take care of yourselves!

Well, on the accountability tip...I worked out yesterday (level 6...yeahhhhh!) on the recumbent bike for 20 min. I really pushed as I've been on level 4 for the past week. It felt great...gosh I love cardio! I'm going to do another 20 min...higher intensity today on the eliptical (level 4-5), and try to get in some weight training (30 min.) upper body! Been slacking on weight training. Didn't close on both homes last week, but did close one. I'm waiting to hear back from the bank today for a clear to close on the second home (anticipation....hmmmmm). Hopefully, I'll get at least a verbal clear today (this way my mind can rest)! Dealing with idiot tenants all day...not fun. But..hey...it's a livin'!

CONGRATS TO ALL OF OUR BIG LOSERS!!! HURRAYYYY FOR YOU! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

Joyce
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 03:52 PM   #9  

Hello, I'm still sick and now I know it's my own fault. DS20 called a while ago and I told him I was home sick at the exact same time I remembered lecturing him about using his sick days frivolously. That was Saturday when I was just starting to feel bad. I told him I never use my sick days, so naturally I had to get sick enuf to use one!!! I gotta go in tomorrow. I have too much to do!!!
I can't imagine exercising right now. For one thing, it hurts to cough! More power to you guys who can sweat out a cold. We used to drink hot toddies for the same effect, but they're not low carb.
I did make good lc chicken soup for lunch and DH finally got home from his business trip. I may make him make me dinner!! I'm debating if I should I go in for a meeting at DD's new school. I know the new principal and told her I would be there. I have a question about her schedule. But if I keep coughing it's really not even an option.
Nice to see new posters and some old ones returning too! I gotta go lie down. Lynn
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:44 PM   #10  
banned

Awwwhhh...I'm so sorry for feeling bad Lynn! Just the few weeks ago...I was suffering too so I know how you feel. Pleazzzze remember to take as much fresh lemon as you can stand! Wishing you a speedy recovery...and don't worry too much about work...it'll be there when you get back, I promise! Take care. Joyce
Old 03-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone! Good to see you back Soul. Wow. You have really found a way to work with the low carb and vegan thing. I have not excuse to whine about trying to keep variety and stuff in my wol. You rock.

Lynn: Sorry you are still feeling punky.

Rafe: Yay! a great legal mind! I can't believe the cost of the ketostix for you. If they were not 5 bucks here at Walmart I wouldn't use them. Of course, I'm measuring rather than weighing regularly because I was focusing too much on the destination and not enough on the journey. I use the stix once a day or every other day to make sure I'm on track. I don't know if I would be using them if it cost me 40 dollars for something I'm going to pee on and flush. Sorry to be gross. tee hee.

Now I want to read J.J. So many good books out there.

Have a great day.

ox
sc
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:24 PM   #12  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Quote:
i´m officially angry... yesterday I used my last ketostix, luckily it went purple, but that means I have to buy new ones. Here in Chile we have 3 main pharmacy chains, and they only bring KetoDiabur Test, those are the strips made by Roche, and they cost $18.800 chilean pesos, that´s more than 40 dollars!!!!
Owch!

I feel your pain, Rafaella! Although I'm impressed that you CAN get them - to be honest, I've not even considered looking for them here in Bangkok. Which is probably silly - they may very well be available. Hmm. I'll have to check it out, and see how expensive they are, if they ARE available.

Soulbliss - welcome! I know I've seen you around here, either on the Low Carb board or maybe over in Alternachicks? Very impressed that you're managing to do Low Carb and stay Vegan! Awesome! (I'm rather a reluctant carnivore myself, so it's decidedly weird chowing down on chicken and meat all the time. I'm doing quite a good job of finding meat-based things that I enjoy, but it's been a real sea-change, menuwise. Up until January, the only protein in the house would be cans of tuna. Now I'm eating chicken legs for breakfast!)
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:01 AM   #13  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puncezilla View Post
. . . Aud, swiching from nights to days and back , and dealing with the supplier strikes, it's no wonder you're worn out!
I like how you use the little symbols for your exercise.

I have added Jemina J to my list of requests from the library so I'll be getting it soon.

Getting the wide-awakes but determined to pass out . . .
I like the little unconscious guy myself puncie! Can't find Febs Exercising Thread - gotta find the little weight lifting guy - had a super upper body work out at the gym today that I need to Post - took your advice w/o even knowing it was your advice raffie & bambi! Sweated like a Warrior P.! Still fell kind of achy but better.

Went to the library tonight - jemima j not even in the catalog at all.

Did get: Outsmarting the Midlife FAT CELL . . . every complaint addressed on the back jacket sounded like I wrote it! Can't wait to find out how to "EAT my estroven daily" - going bankrupt buying OTC Estroven, ya know? Also checked out a 3 books in 1 P.D. James Mystery Series . . . always have a prob remembering what detective series I've listened to vs read the printed word. This detective isn't ringing any bells so think I'm safe: "Adam Dalgliesh" of Scotland Yard.

Anyone know if its a good 'un?

One more day shift day to get thru & then OFF for the forseeable future . . . have a Terrific Tuesday All!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:58 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Auddie: I can't believe you are doing so well with the exercise with that crazy schedule of yours. I'm really inspired by it. I did not exercise yesterday and I probably won't today. I think exercise is my biggest challenge. I also have to get back to Bodypump and will try to motivate myself to do that on Wed. I think I am one huge midlife fat cell. tee hee.

Sooo. Here is a minor victory. I just caught sight of myself sideways in the mirror as I was changing from my perspiration soaked pjs into some sweats. I have some definition in my waist again. Just a minor indentation between the ribs and my belly but it is there! For the longest time it was just, a huge stomach going from right below my breasts to the tops of my thighs. Happy day.

DH got a treat last night. I gave him his fajitas in a low carb tortilla with lettuce. He rarely gets those kinds of products but he had been yearning for some mexican food with a tortilla. I faked it as best I could for him by frying the thing so that it was nice and greasy. He was thrilled. I had my fajitas plain though on a bed of lettuce.

OK I have a rant for today. I have the dreaded 8 a.m. operations meeting this morning. It goes on for hours with accounting fighting with management fighting with HR, fighting with customer service fighting with production. I hate it. Everyone always seems to want to hire more people and then shove more and more of the work they don't like onto the real estate managers. These meetings are such a challenge for me because I don't want to act fed up but honestly, here is what it is like. "I think the managers should try to collect all the receviables (then why the **** do we have an accounting staff?). I think the managers should stuff the billing envelopes every month and stand at the copy machines to make copies of the newsletters (we mail out 30,000 pieces each month. Why do I have four people who only have one job and that is copying things, stuffing envelopes using a $25,000 dollar stuffing machine and taking crap to be mailed?). I think the managers should do marketing and solicit accounts(as opposed to the people in marketing?) . I think the managers should set up new vendors, chase their insurance and W9s (then why do I have AP staff?). I think the management staff should place all ads in the newspaper, review all resumes, do all interviews and write up all new hire paperwork and status change paperwork. Also, the management staff should collect and approve all timecards and process all vacation requests and dicipline all employees about dress code, company equipment etc. (then why do I have HR?)

I sound petty when I say that but I do get irritated when the least qualified, least educated or least skilled staff don't like the job they were hired to do and think it is reasonable to expect the expensive, skilled, trained and qualified staff to waste time stuffing envelopes, ordering paper supplies or standing at a copier. I always have to point out the obvious at the operations meeting, "The real estate managers are the ones who generate the monthy management revenue by managing their properties. They don't get paid overtime, quite often have to work into the night until 8 or 10 p.m. and also are oncall 24/7 for two weeks at a time on a rotating basis. Everyone else here has a job because those jobs were created to service the accounts that the managers oversee. That is why they are called managers instead of accounting assistants, copy clerks, administrative staff, or receptionists". Lord give me strength for this today.

Have a wonderful day.

SC
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:17 AM   #15  
banned

Good Day All!

Aud - Yeah...working out is hard when your sick...but I find if I rough it out...I feel a little better each time!

I worked out at 10:40pm last night! Couldn't seem to go to sleep without my cardio! Felt great! This late night working out thing is becoming a habit though!!! Guess it's better than nothing. Wanna try for a.m.'s (pleazzze let me become a morning person!!) This cottage cheese thing is working out great! I've been having it for the past 2 days for breakfast! It seems to be quicky and easy and a great way to squeeze in food in the a.m. (cuz I have absolutely no appetite)! Any other quick breakfast ideas (hi-protein preferably)? I tried the Dannon low-carb yogart yesterday in the Strawberry flavor. Hmmmm....it was really good. Seemed to be thicker than the blueberry (which s*cks!). Haven't been checking the scale lately cuz the mirror is totally loving me (and I don't want the scale to disappoint me!). I now have a "flat" stomach! Yeahhhh! No more side fat...just down to the last little pouch bubble in my lower abs! Legs are really starting to form (muscularly)...so I'll get on the scale in about 2 weeks (after TOM). Hopefully, it'll be good to me as well.

Hope you ladies enjoy your day today! Joyce