Old 03-11-2008, 09:26 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

SIC-you crack me up although I know it isn't really funny. I've been in similar situations. I do my own billing. That's a really good use of my time don't you think?

I have to go to court today. Not my favorite part of this job but I don't have to do it very often. This judge doesn't know what to make of me because I'm not like any other psychiatrist he deals with. I make my own assessments and don't just write what someone else has been writing for the last 10 years and I interpret the committment law quite strictly.

I had a little GI problem last night. Not sure if I ate something that didn't agree, it was the antibiotics I took, or it is some other aspect of this nasty cold that won't let me go. Seems better this morning. Well, better get to work. Will be another long day. Also have a family meeting at a nursing home planned that I have to keep from turning into a screaming match. Talk to you later.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:31 AM   #17  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

SIC - We must have cross-posted! It's nice to see changes in the mirror...huh??? That's really the best judge...I think the scale's a demon! Sometimes a "demon" I just can't escape...but I'm tryin! I agree totally with you...it's protocol. The higher-ups should handle the "management" and "supervisory" tasks...(that's why they get paid the big bucks!) and the administrative staff or "support" staff definately should take care of at least the "mailings"...I mean..common! I see your frustration...but don't let it ruin your mo-jo girl! As Forest Gump always says..."Stupid is as Stupid Does!" Leave them to their wonderful decisions (powers that be) and try not to stress yourself out too much over the things you cannot change. Hey...BTW, how was the fajita on the lettuce. I just bought a head of lettuce and some ground beef. If it was good, can you post your recipe (I've got a sneaky suspicion that you're a great cook from previous posts..and I'm not sooooo....)

I'm sure you'll make it back to Bodypump (oooohh....I just like the name!). I never really feel like working out when I'm slumped on my couch watching "Flavor Flav" or "Rock of Love" or "Whatever of Love", but my mind tells me I've just gotta do it. Thank goodness I have a TV in my workout room (this helps)...so I don't miss "eliminations" But then, about 10 min into it...those endorphenes start flowing and I feeling great...ya know..pumped! Try to push through it...I routing for ya!

BTW, anyone ever notice that Flavor Flav has a striking resemblence to an actual "turd" with eyeballs?
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:57 AM   #18  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBliss View Post
I'm new to the weekly chats, just kept waiting to catch it at the beginning! . . .

I am the only low carb vegan I know . . .

Aud, I hope you feel better soon! . . .
Awww, Hiya & Welcome soulB! How's Biggest Loser going? Looking at some time off work - may actually get to enjoy some episodes now!

I definitely remember a mention in DANDR that veg low carb can be done - but also remember skipping that part! I've planned a re-read during my time off - I want to concentrate more on vegetables-chicken & fish when I get my science on again.

Just curious - do you eat eggs?

Feeling slightly better so think I've warded off a major flu repeat . . . guess workingout DID help raffie & bambi? It was so HARD to force myself too yesterday - now I'm glad I did!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:00 AM   #19  

Morning,
I made it to work and I guess I'll stay, but today is one of my long days. I have a meeting tonight, so I can't get home until 9 or 10 p.m. Not looking forward to that!!
I did finally get a good night's sleep last night. I think it's the decongestants that keep me awake, and I did take just one yesterday, but complete exhaustion must have overcome it. Either that or the hot toddies. I know, not L.C., but the very best thing for the sore throat. I spent an hour in the bathtub with Vick's Vapor Rub and hot toddies. I sweated up a storm.
I didn't even bring my work out clothes today and I haven't worked out since Friday. I hate it (and I'll hate it more when I get back) but I can't stand the thought of coughing. It feels like a peice of lung is about to come loose every time I cough. I expect to see blood every time, but so far only mucus which no one wants to hear about.
It's funny how everyone has stuff they hate about their job. Being non-management my list of stuff is completely different from SC's, but I can relate a little. Too bad we can't all just take the parts we like of our jobs and dump the bad parts.
Joyce, I had my fresh lemon yesterday, but I did have it in diet coke. I've been severly limiting my diet coke, but I just can't drink plain water when I'm sick!! It just doesn't taste good. So I had diet coke and lemon and flavored water (no calories, no carbs) with fresh lime. I think I drank three bottles of flavored water! I was peeing every 30 mins all day.
Well, since I'm here, I might as well be working. I'll check back later.
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:28 AM   #20  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on making a difference in the mirror scalmie & bambi! Yes, the scale is a demon, but I finally had to face the fact of my gain & change my ticker UP! (Mirror agrees!)

Accountability.

Did TWO sets of push ups to celebrate.

Looking for appropriate pu's/sit ups icon for the exercise Thread: ??? Whattya think puncie? Think I can see a difference in my upper Warrior Arms & also around my back/bra. Was inspired when a local guy in his 90's was featured in the paper - he said people have forgotten about the joy of a perfect push up & sit up - he does a hundred a day of each and more when he watches a lot of tv!

You sound a bit better too petra - anti biotics make my stomach go nuts - hope you, scalm & lynn make it thru the Challenges of the day!

I ROTF about "Turd Face with Eyes", bambi! Just watched part of Flav's Show last nite with DD - he's something else isn't he? Laughing all the way to the bank tho'!

ttyal!

Last edited by aud; 03-13-2008 at 12:41 PM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:58 AM   #21  
banned

Heyall! Just quickly checkin in. I also had Court today (evictions). I won every case...so woo hoo! deadbeat tenants are outttahere!

Aud - I say we friggin have a bon fire for our scales...just chuck em'! At least for a while! The mirror is the truest measurment of success. It can also be brutal (mirror doesn't lie!) I'm gonna try and stick with that (especially now that I'm PMS'ing)! Glad you battled that damn flu and WON! Hurray!!!!

Lynnar & Petra - Glad to hear you both coming around (healthwise)...it really s*cks to be sick!!! This strain usually likes to hang around for at least a week...but hopefully you guys will continue to have a speedy recovery!

SoulBliss - Where r ya?? I was so looking forward to that choco recipe. Look forward to hearing from ya soon.

Rafaella - I know that preparing for the Bar can be quite time consuming and stressful. Hope your staying OP and motivated. Miss hearing from you too!

To al that I may have missed...have a fun day! Til' later. Joyce

Last edited by bambifox; 03-11-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:12 PM   #22  

Down two pounds since yesterday, which I'm sure was primarily water but I'll take it!
cjones77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:33 PM   #23  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been able to keep up lately. I'm still sick with this FLU. Only good thing is that it is very weight friendly. I'm dropping the lbs. without even trying. Of course, I can't seem to eat more than a few bites of anything and what I do eat doesn't stay down. I'm now on 2 kinds of antibiotics which are giving me diarrhea. I feel horrible! My skin is so dehydrated that no amount of moisturizer is helping the dryness/scaliness. The constant headache is also a real Pain.

I'll catch up more later when my health and my mood improves.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:35 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 203/157/125

Height: 5'4"

Calm, I know what you mean about those meetings. The power struggles are just ridiculous.

Petra, you may need some acidopholis to help balance out the bacteria in your intestines. You can get this in pill form at a health food store [it should be refrigerated]. However, you can also get it isn yogurt. Although, yogurt is not Induction acceptable, but you may need to eat some to help with the stomach problems. Hope you feel better.

Aud, sorry your library doesn't have Jemima J. You should try a used book store or even Abebooks.com. This is a book broker website, similar to Ebay but only books. The shipping is reasonable, too.

I just remembered another book about being okay with not being perfect. Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie. I liked this book, too. For those who like a little supernatural, there are the vampire queen Elizabeth Taylor series, Undead & [Unwed, Unemployed, Unpopular], by MaryJanice Davidson. These are light and fun. And for the suspend lovers, there's the a series by Linda Fairstein.

Have a great day everyone!
sylvia78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:11 PM   #25  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Way to go cj! Congrats!

Aud, this guy kinda looks like he's trying to do pushups, in a pool of his own sweat. Or maybe you should take up skipping so you can use this one . As for " the joy of a perfect push up & sit up " I Can't say I've ever felt this joy. Sad to think I'm not in as good of shape as some 90 yr olds.
Your library may take requests, I wanted the great cholesterol con, so I asked the library to buy it and they did.

Lilybell, I hope you're better soon, missing your posts.

Get well everyone and have a great day!
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:39 PM   #26  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Hey, ladies! I just wanted to drop in to say that so far today, I'm doing great! I slept a little too late, and didn't have time for lunch until 2:00...but I'm on plan, anyway. I have cardio kickboxing class tonight, which should be fun. I also have a LOT of homework to do!

I have some AWESOME news, though! My mom called yesterday to say I had a letter from the University of Vermont--I had originally said that I didn't want them to read any letters before I came home for break...but I couldn't resist! I asked my dad to read the letter to me over the phone, and I'm in!

I got accepted into UVM Grad school for their Masters of English program I didn't get a teaching assistantship or fellowship for my first semester...but it's such a relief that the first of the 5 grad. applications I got word back on was an acceptance letter! I was so worried I wouldn't get in anywhere. So, now I wait for news of the other 4 grad. schools. I'll probably choose whichever one gives me the best financial aid package--they're all good choices I'm keeping my fingers crossed for UConn, though.

Last edited by Azure; 03-11-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 03:03 PM   #27  

Good for you Azure! Are you from New England? I have a Masters of English from Eastern Kentucky University (of all places!). We just happened to be living there when I started grad school. But I can't say the degree has helped me much with my career, but you probaby have much better career plan than I did. (Plan: Write a best selling novel and live off the proceeds forever!!)
It seems like everyone I talk to today is sick!! I guess I don't have to worry so much about catching it, except my symptoms are all sinus and I'm a little concerned about the stomach stuff that's going around. That's all I need, right? The absolute worse thing is when you're in a super-serious meeting and you have a coughing fit that you can't control. And you have to chose between getting up and stumbling out (and I do mean stumbling today!) and missing what ever happens in the meeting. Or you can try to choke and sputter and regain control while everyone in the room stares at you and the people closest start moving away. Can't wait for that tonight. Or maybe tonight will be the night when my head actually explodes and snot, mixed with brains, shoots out my ears.
I guess I may as well announce my stall in advance. Between the extra carbs from cough syrup, cough drops, sugar free popsicles, and hot toddies, and then vacation next week, I'll be lucky to maintain for the next two weeks. I'll probably try induciton again when I get back from vacation. I had hoped I would be much further along by now, but at least I can wear my second to the largest jeans, even if they're tight. I should bring them on vacation and then i won't have room to eat anything!!!
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 03:21 PM   #28  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Congrats Azure !!! Thats fantastic!
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:12 PM   #29  
banned

Posted By Lynnar
"Or you can try to choke and sputter and regain control while everyone in the room stares at you and the people closest start moving away. Can't wait for that tonight. Or maybe tonight will be the night when my head actually explodes and snot, mixed with brains, shoots out my ears."

That was hysterical!...brains/snots shooting out of your ears!!! Wow...that one made my day! I wouldn't worry too much Lynnar about the "weight thingy"...it's only been a few days of bits and pieces of that "not so good stuff". You've been doing very good with your diet from what I've read. I do envy you though...VACATION...boy do I need one! So, GO ENJOY YOURSELF...try to make good food choices and look for a gym (wherever you may be)...then, if you indulge while on vacation, at least you won't set yourself back. Enjoy!

Ya know...that's one thing I've been thinking about too. Vacation! Ooooh the temptation! When I'm home/work (pretty much same thing), I do just fine with food...I really don't feel I'm missing out...nor do I have cravings, I don't drink alcohol (and really not missing it), drink lots of water, etc. But, for some reason when I go on vacation (let's say...a cruise or something like that), I feel compelled to drink large quantities of alcohol (i.e., Bahama Mama, LI Ice Tea's, Alabama Slammers, etc.)...and less compelled to want to exercise! I think I could get over the exercise thing on my next vacation, but don't know how I'll do without those damn tropical drinks!!! I mean...Bacardi reps await you at the airport in Miami with a huge drink laidened with gobs of sugar and bacardi (and a cherry)! Any suggestions on this...I may start a thread on this issue. Seems like, if I were prepared, I may (??) make better decisions and not set myself back! Don't want to go overboard...ya know...but don't want to ruin all my hard work either. Thoughts anyone??? Joyce
Old 03-11-2008, 04:18 PM   #30  
banned

Must have missed ya Azure...CONGRATU-FRIGGIN-LATIONS GIRL!!! GO YOU!!! I know you've been under alot of stress with school and all...this is just wonderful. You must feel great (all your hard work finally payin off!) I hope you get accepted to your college of choice too! Let those colleges compete for YOU! Yeaahhhhhh! Joyce