Old 01-21-2008, 09:44 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

PS: RE: The one day meat fast. I will be weighing officially on Wed. BUT I will tell everyone that as of this afternoon my ketostix were very, very, very dark purple and same tonight. I wanted to try doing a meat fast for one day only every few weeks to try to keep my body fooled. I will let you know if it makes a difference. Meat only (except for my one morning coffee with some almond breeze unsweetened almond milk, dribble of cream and splenda) and about 140 oz of water as opposed to my normal 120 oz. water.
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:44 PM   #17  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

OMG, I do love this place! Apropos of nothing, just - needed to be said. Because in my corporeal life I am surrounded by thin people - not just at school, but THE WHOLE CITY IS FULL OF THEM!!! Which - you know, I knew that would be the case when I was thinking about coming out here, and I don't mind it so much - I mean, ironically I think it's actually harder for the skinny Western chicks who are used to being hotties, and who find themselves suddenly reduced to the status of wallpaper - and find themselves feeling suddenly really fat, and have the all-new experience of not being able to find clothes to fit sometimes. I'm already used to that crap, you know? But still - it does get a bit wearisome, being a source of innocent hilarity to total strangers. It's very nice to have a virtual space where not only is the weight thing not some sort of freakish aberration, but it's actually something that y'all understand, and that we're all working on, and that we're CHANGING, damn it! Love that!

Mmmmmmmmmm, turnips! Yummy goodness! (I've said it before, but I'm saying it again!) I just double checked in Dr A's book, and was delighted to find that parsnips are permissible in the pre-maintenance and maintenance periods. Awesome! Christmas without roast parsnips would be a sad thing indeed.

CT, I wish I had some helpful advice for you. It's a tricky one; but it sounds like to you, marriage is an important confirmation of your commitment to one another, whilst to him it's NOT important - even it feels like a jinx. Do you think it's a deal-breaker for you? Would you rather be married to someone, than be in a non-marital relationship with your BF? Or do you suspect that his reluctance is a symptom of some kind of deep-seated lack of real commitment on his part - that this is sort of a thin-end-of-the-wedge thing?

(Oh, crumbs. That phrase took my treacherous mind straight to cheesecake. I'm grateful that, by and large, cakes are crap here in Thailand*. Baking isn't a normal part of their cooking, you see, so Czech desserts tend to be jelly-type things. Or perhaps crushed ice with syrups and a mixture of kidney beans or sweetcorn or cubes of tamarind jelly sprinkled on top. In my mind, dessert isn't dessert if it doesn't involve flour and/or cream.)

I want to be "whole foods" when I grow up Fay . . . sounds like you're getting 'a taste of that when you shop w/o the lc convenience there in Thailand! It's great, actually, Aud - other than the lc thing. But this is how my mother mostly shops back home anyway, and in Egypt there was much less in the way of convenience food/Western imports than you can find here. And to be fair, you CAN find a pretty good array of imported things (****, there are 7-elevens EVERYWHERE, and of course there's the ubiquitous McDonalds - but also things like Subway and Sizzler and so forth )- just not the more specific niche things like LC stuff.

*of course there are exceptions - and I know where they may be found. But I'm avoiding these places like the plague, understandably.

Last edited by broadabroad; 01-21-2008 at 09:45 PM.
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:50 PM   #18  

Fay: You GOTTA try the jello sugar free cheesecake pudding made with unsweetened soy milk and cream. It really does taste like cheesecake. Especially when you have been on Atkins for a week, or two or three.

p.s. My husband is 1/2 Japanese. I always tell him, "Thank God its the top half". His mother is Japanese (and yes, certifiably TINY), his father Texan. Go figure, he looks Hawaiian.

SC
Old 01-22-2008, 04:11 AM   #19  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Sounds yummy, SC!

Oooh - does your mother-in-law make yummy Japanese food? I heart Jeapanese food! (Actually, anyone know if Miso soup is allowed on Atkins? I've stopped drinking it to be on the safe side, as I don't know the carb content. Although - o kay, fitday can probably tell me, right?)

Meanwhile - sweet weeping mother of God, a parent has just had a Swensons Chocolate Cherry Icecream Cake delivered for someone's birthday.

God. This cutting-up-and-distributing is going to be hard

(...okay, much time has passed and this window has been sitting here all un-posted, type of thing.)

Once again, not only did I cut up the cake for 20 kids, I didn't even lick any of the melted chocolate off my fingers. And it looked REALLY yummy. And there were kids saying "I don't want my chocolate covered cherry" and I was all "aaaargh!"

I have a renewed sense of respect for those of you with kids. I don't know how the **** you manage to do the diet thing with small people munching down on non-Atkins foods around you all the time.

Last edited by broadabroad; 01-22-2008 at 04:13 AM.
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:25 AM   #20  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hate when the scale doesn't move most of the time cabogirl . . . actually hoping it doesn't move this w/i tho'!!!

Maintaining my most recent gain is about all I have to look forward to - tres pathetique, eh?

So sick this morning, I don't really care. If I don't get much better, will have to take tonight off. Also just re-read my jury summons . . . must call tonight to see if I'm on for tomorrow - which would be exciting (never have served b4) if I wasn't so BLLLLEEECCCHHH.

2 cents on the marriage question: Anyone reluctant to marry you for whatevah reason is a gigantic red flag - be glad somehow that you got the message and think about moving on, girl! Marriages are tough (is it a 50% divorce rate?) when BOTH people are wild about the idea, ya know? Think of the last 3 years as a learning living together experience and run don't walk.

Sorry to be so blunt caboct - like lilyb - I was "engaged" for 7 years one time with the same results she had - wouldn't trade the experience (altho' would have cut it off much sooner) but also wouldn't repeat it - LOL!

Just had the third barf scare of the morning . . . hope this is a quick bug.

Too sick to even sip coffee - now that's sick!

WTG slicing and dicing that cake fay! Just love reading your Posts!!!

sux about the $$$ steaks scalm - but hey - you're worth it!

Speaking of hair color . . . still loving my new short do . . . altho' if I keep gaining weight, noticed I'm looking more and more like dh's ex wife - YEEEEOW! Now there's a motivator, eh???!!!

Didn't get the sexy boots . . . BUT DID get a pair of gigantic gorilla fuzzy slippers that we've named "Phil & Phillip" (after Beloved Stuffed Phil The Gorilla @ the St. Louis Zoo) DD keeps stealing my "Phil's!" Couldn't find any boots that I liked well enuf . . . altho' a boot cut pair were cute, I really wanted the tall ones so will keep shopping.

Did anyone get some?

Hmmmmmm, a mac beachie? I've got a good friend that swears by them! If this sucker goes down, I'll definitely be looking into!

Last edited by aud; 01-22-2008 at 09:27 AM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:27 AM   #21  

Good morning,
It's icy here so my usual 30 min drive (inc. school drop off) became 70 mins. I hate wasting time like that. So naturally instead of jumping into work, I get on the message board. Oops.

I've been cooking more high carb food and not eating it! Sunday we wanted the 20 year old to come home and fix the new T.V. surround sound system. (It's like programming a VCR-only young people can do it). So I made him pasta Alfredo and shrimp, but I kept the shrimp separate and also grilled some chicken for myself and that worked! I didn't have any pasta.

The harder thing was when the 15 y.o. made herself macaroni and cheese and left a bowl on the counter for her dad, complete with a fork in it. I was hungry and walked by that bowl about five times. It would have been so easy to just grab a forkful (I love Mac and Cheese!) but I resisted.

I think I could resist ice cream cake too, Fay, but then I don't have a big sweet tooth. I also stayed off the scale this morning in the hopes that tomorrow's weigh in will be a pleasant surprise! Hoping realy hard!!

Stayincalm-I've never had a purple keystick reading! The most I get is light pink and lots of times when I'm pretty sure it should be pink, it takes some imagination to make it that way. I guess everyone is different. I wish I had a more decisive reading so I could figure out exactly how many carbs I can add back. I'm still trying to stay at induction --actually a little less than regular induction because I think I'm "weight loss resistant"-- but I've learned the hard way that I need some fiber in my diet. I'd like to move up to two big veggie portions. Now I just eat one salad and only the stray carbs in cheese, coffee cream and lately some celery sticks. But that's just me. I wouldn't recommend to anyone else that they go lower than the Atkins book induction and I will always recommend some fiber!!
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:58 AM   #22  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, we got lots of ice last night. The trees and fence sure look lovely though. Supposed to get even more tonite and temps staying below freezing for today. Don't know when the roads will clear so I can get back to the gym. I took my dogs out for their mornin walk (actually they drag me) and was so thankful I didn't fall on my keister.

DH heads back to work this morning. So, back to singledom for another week and I don't mind at all, LOL. His new payraise was on today's check and it was quite handsome. Joy, joy, now I can spend the evening paying bills.

calm, I hope them steaks were fantastic. Eat them with enjoyment, you deserve to get to have some expensive ones too.

aud, you and I really do have a lot in common. This particular SOB that I spent 8 yrs. with kept sayin we'll get married after college, then we'll get married after he finished medical school. Turns out we parted and he married a nurse he'd been screwing with about 6 month after we split up. Oh well, they are miserable, have separate bedrooms and just stay together so he doesn't have to split his fortune with her. I'm better off without him.

Last edited by lilybelle; 01-22-2008 at 11:59 AM.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:34 PM   #23  

No sexy boots yet. To bad they don't make Spanx for calves. Maybe then I could zip some up. I actually have a pair that will zip up (Everyone, Target has strechy ones) but the truth is that not only do the heels hurt right now due to my heft but I think the tightness around my lower leg cuts off my blood supply and makes my feet numb. Between 20-40 pounds ago I wore sky high heels all day everyday with impunity. One of the things that made me go on plan was the fact that it used to be that no matter how fat I felt, I could buy a cute pair of shoes. Now I find myself looking for shoes like the kind I used to see my grandmother wearing.

Chilly Willy for some of you folks out there!!!!Bbbbrrrrr. It is raining like the dickens here and cold (for us anyway). Cold here is between 30-45. I think that might be a summer's day for some of you folks. I have to drive to a big site and do some things before I head into the office so I'm trying to wait for the rain to ease up.

Commitment phobe boyfriend. Gee. I don't have any straightforward advice on that one. An ultimatum probably won't work(and who would want to have to give a potential lifes partner one...kind of sucks the joy out of it). If you live together you are talking about shaking up your entire life (breaking up) based on the fact that you want to get married and he doesn't. I think there is something to say about that no matter how much we all think you deserve to get what you want. Is the only problem you are having the fact that he does not want to get married? If there are other things going on then I understand why you might want to break things off but part of me says, "hey don't throw the baby out with the bathwater." Besides that. I think if you have had enough and wanting to married becomes your top priority you will probably wake up one day and the decision will be fairly easy. That happened to me with someone in the early 90's. I woke up one day and decided that I wanted to be the number one priority and so we broke up. I got married to someone else (an old boyfriend that I ran into on the street outside of a club where I would not have been going at all if I were with my ex BF!). That was 15 years ago. In 2003 the boyfriend who I did not stay with had been through a bad marriage and actually hired a private detective to find me. Can you imagine my shock when I was picking up voice mail one day and I heard this voice say, "I just wanted to hear your voice". I knew who it was instantly. He called me one day and I picked up the phone and we talked. Lordy. Talk about a bad romance movie recapp. Got to hear all the affirming things we think we want to hear but now make no difference, "It was the worst mistake of my life. You made me feel so god about myself. I was a complete idiot. I have thought about you everyday for 13 years. I stood at the alter getting ready to say vows thinking "the wrong woman is standing here with me." We actually became better friends than we ever were when we were lovers. Not that it wasn't a struggle. He spent about a year dropping, "I love you" bombs and struggling with unrequited love issues. He got over it though and now is very happy and has been with a young lady who he seems to adore for two years. A couple of times in 05 he flew up here just for lunch which was a hoot. His marriage was sssssoooooo bad he doesn't want to get married again. So he says. Every now and then, when we are chatting, I say, "Don't be a moron. Just because it sucked the first time does not mean it will suck if you try it again." I think he is wavering now.

I wish I had some better more concrete advice for you. Maybe the answer is to try to enjoy the people we have in our lives the most we can for as long as we can until you reach your drop dead tipping point. Then decisions seem to be easier to make.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:47 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 244/229/180

LOL about the Spanks fire!!!

Colder than heck here too. I got my Diamond Springs water delivered yesterday ( I LOVE WATER and go to the extra expense of having the dispenser and deliveries, cuz to be honest I am kinda anal about how tap water smells!)
and it froze before the DH could get home to lug them inside!

G Whiz!!

Having a friend over for dinner, the first since I have been back on the plan. But am not worried. I am making tacos, a true favorite of my kids. In fact, every day for the past week, my 5 year old has asked, "is tonight Taco Night, Mom?"
So anyway, I am fixing the regular fare for them, but instead of having tacos, I am having a taco salad (minus the shell of course!) Looking forward to it! Hopefully my pal will not want dessert, cuz it ain't happening right now! LOL
Amy On a Mission76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:04 PM   #25  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I'm going to make this a fast post,just to report in. I have to go with Leo shopping as we didn't go out yesterday,the temps were to cold to go out for us.

I was on the phone this morning that my friend Pat in still in ICU[1week] after having a 2 valve replacements in her heart. PLEASE PLEASE PRAY FOR HER. We're ally worried,as we never heard of people being in ICU that long.

Sorry to bump my feelings on you guys,but I can't deal with this anymore.Don't need this anguish,that I had for the last 3 months of losing my friends.

Glad we got our shopping done this morning as we expecting some snow showers this afternoon. Is Spring Here Yet?????

Tomorrow is W-I and I scared to get on the scale. I think I was over loading on grain carbs. this last week,especially over the weekends.

LYNN-You me both I weigh-in tomorrow also.
Everyone is different when it come to dieting some people find there balance and lose 2 lbs every week and some have to struggle week after week. I'm on low carbing for now 2 years and I still haven't found my ideal grain carb intake. I have to stay away in order for me to have a good W-I. Hope you find your lose soon,but whatever DON"T GIVE UP.

AUD-No, you didn't send the freezing weather our way.It was coming,and now winter is here.In the future I will not go out doors if the roads are icy.No one in my family has the Big"O",but with the help of Fosamax I'm hoping that my bones won't deteriorate.I'm having another bone density test along with my mammogram back to back some time in March.We never have problems with the Mac. We bought a DELL vista and it was a disaster ,than we but a small desk top Mac and it was great with the dell Monitor & keyboard.Hope your feeling better,soon. Good luck with you jury duty.

SC-Good for you seeing a maintain on the scale than a gain.Stay op as much as you can,with extra water intake will move that scale downward. Hope your TOM shows up soon,so you can get back to your regular routine.

CT-I don't know why our bodies act like that when doing everything rights and no seeing no results. Did you try a tape measure and see if you lost inches instead of pounds. I know I cry when see that stupid scale give me a number,but forget the loose slacks on my waist. Hope you can resolve your wedding plans with your DBF.

LILY-Leo & I are well, just cold. You baking that apple pie must have put some delicious aroma in the air. I love apple pie.I have some canned apple filling in my cupboard,just itching to be used. I think I make the pie about Valentines day instead of chocolate candy. You'll lose that one lb. ,it has to be water retention that in your joints with all the exercising you done.

BaB-Never had Parsnips as a veggy before. I had turnips and leeks but never had the parsnips. Are they like a potato????I guess we'll have to wait until near our goals to have them.

Have a nice afternoon

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:15 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 244/229/180

Hey Beach Bum
I am so sorry to hear about your friend, Pat. She is in my prayers.
Amy On a Mission76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:23 PM   #27  

S/C/G: Goal 150 ~ 21lbs down

Height: 5'6"

Ugh, I am in such a B*TCH mood today. I'm pretty sure I am about to throw myself on the ground and have a tantrum if carb free chocolate doesn't magically appear on my desk within the next two minutes. I wish Aunt Flo would just arrive already. Today was supposed to be my official WI, but I have a feeling the scale wouldn't survive my wrath after I hopped on. Better luck next Tuesday I hope.

Did someone say SEXY BOOTS??? (ed: I tried to post a link but apparently I do not have enough posts yet BUT for those looking go to Torrid dot com and look at theirs. They have great shoes and boots for those above size 0 )

stayincalm - yikes about the steaks! That is exactly something my bf would do. Also, where do I find this magical cheesecake pudding stuff???

aud - I hope you feel better! I have a feeling that your gorilla slippers will do wonders!

lilybelle - Can I send my bf to work with your hubby. I could use singledom for a week. Mine makes me NUTZ sometimes!

HELLO to everyone I may have missed. I am trying to make this a quick one and get back to being a royal B
CrabbyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:51 PM   #28  
beachbum

amy on a missions-Thanks for the prayers I really do appreciate them for my friend.

CrabbyCakes-Sending for your next W-I. I don't have to worry about TOM or Aunt Flo,they left me years ago, but I do have problems[Hormones] get that scale to move downward,now that I'm on Post post menopause.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 01-22-2008 at 04:52 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:28 PM   #29  

BB: I'm sending my prayers out to your friend.

Crabby: I'm so with you on Aunt Flo. I know she is close because I am unreasonably cranky and have developed the dreaded "dropsy". I become incredibaly clumsy when she arrives. I was hoping she would land today so I could feel reasonably comfortable about WI tomorrow. Oh well. I'll do it anyway and see what happens. Since I went up to 225 last week and then down to 222 yesterday I am down a whopping 1/2 pound. Suckorooni. Better down than up though.

Amy: The water froze? That is frickin' cold!!!

Lily: I'm thinking I might like that week off from being wifey thing too. Maybe not though. I'd have to take out the trash and clean the litter box (his chores) ugh.

It is still raining like **** here. I was going out to a basketball game with a client tonight but I begged off. I want to go home and cozy up with a glass of wine. My only delimma is that Real Housewives is on tonight and if I drink a glass of wine I won't want to get on that exercise bike. I don't know if I can wait for that little glass of heaven until after the show tonight though. (If I watch the show while I am working out I work out for longer.)

Geez. I'm such a whiner!!! I hope everyone is having a great afternoon. Fay, hope you are having a great evening.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:52 PM   #30  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

BB~ lots of thoughts and prayers for your friend

Im doing alright....but Im tired and cranky Its too early to go to bed, and I know if I head off to bed to read for a while, I'll fall asleep.

......anyway, food is good, water isnt as good today, and Im not going to work out either. How's that for a sucky attitude

I need to pull myself out of this slump!! Gotta wear my sexyboots on thursday!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote