Old 01-19-2008, 08:03 PM   #16  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

Dear luv2lift, your story basically mirrors my life. If it's any encouragement to you ladies, I started Atkins exactly 2 weeks ago. Here's my stats so far: wk1 - 5 lbs lost; wk2 - 3 lbs lost...and hopefully still counting down. When I first started, my energy level was in the toilet, but wk2, my energy started to pick up so I started waking up extra early and going for a morning walk (approx. 20 min.), then returning to my home and doing 10 min on the eliptical. I have noticed so far that my energy level has increased dramatically with the exercise. Today, I was out with my 8 yr old daughter all day shopping, movies, eating out (chili's), but staying low-carb and it was great. This makes me feel great because just two weeks before, all I wanted to do was to lay around the house on the weekend. I love to hear other people's stories, challenges...etc. This forum is great! Tomorrow (Sun.) is shopping day for me and I will be trying some of the recipes on this website called Linda' Low Carb Menus. Sorry, can't post the website because I don't have 25 posts so the system won't let me...Anyway, I'll let you all know how it turns out. Joyce
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:07 AM   #17  

Good morning ladies!!!!
We have quite a great group here dont we. This is a surefire support in us reaching our goals this year!!!!
Had a great day yesterday shopped all day and stayed on track. Does anyone know the total carbs in various nuts?
Thanks
Tara
bgbrwnys101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:20 AM   #18  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgbrwnys101 View Post
Does anyone know the total carbs in various nuts?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/carbcounter/nuts.shtml
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:28 AM   #19  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Hi there, cj and Jupiter!

Well, this is week one wending to a close, and I'm not finding it hard going to give up the carbs yet. I HAVE found it hard to lose weight, though - I thought maybe I'd eaten too much cheese or cream, and it may be that, but actually I think most likely I need to eat more protein. I'm determined to do better next week, and I'm really really hoping that when I do my OFFICIAL weigh-in tomorrow evening I'll find that I've lost some weight after all. Fingers crossed.

Normally I'm not much of a carnivore, but I have to say - damn, steak is yummy! And filling! And yummy! I went into Sizzler's today and had a 'surf and turf' with veggies (valiantly turning away the ubiquitous triangle of cheesy toast stuff) and some yummy salad, and it was delicious! Can't argue with a diet that lets you go and eat such filling meals!
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:53 PM   #20  

Default hello:)

Day 2 for me , girls, and I am sooo tired
I have been pretty good as far as eating very, very low carb but my energy is in the toilet. I remember from before that my energy level does kick up in the second week but right now I am just fat and tired and hungry.
It is inspiring to hear stories of weight loss. I just went through my closet as I do nce in awhile. To throw out (give away) things I havent worn for awhile and just reorganize. Boy do I have some keee..oooot little outfits that I can't squash my body into just yet.

I really appreciate just knowing that you all are going through the same thing. It does help. I am bound and determined to get into those D**m Rock and Republic jeans I paid way too much for if it kills me!
Patience...patience...it's only day 2.

I have yet to attempt to excersize on the LC diet. I will let ya know how it goes..

CJ
luv2lift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:19 AM   #21  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Luv2Lift - are you scoffing lots of protein and fats too? Sorry if this is a silly question!

Meanwhile, in the world of me - after 1 week of Atkins (and, preceding that, one week of general Low Carb while I sorted myself out in preperation for Atkins) I have lost 8lb - 4 each week. This is FANTASTIC!

I would feel suspicious of it - I mean, I always did think that for weightloss to be real and lasting you should be aiming to lose a pound or two every week. But - 8lb! In 2 weeks! Man, that is just SO cool! And I'm feeling better, definitely - I'd got to a point where it was hurting when I got up out of bed, and that's just no bloody good, is it? I was feeling like an old lady. But I'm already noticing a difference there.

So far today my food choices have been good and I've been drinking water when I can, and all being well I'll be going to the gym tonight. I've decided that my initial exercise routine, for the first month, will consist of: walk to work (15mins), maybe walk home (but this is optional), then a minimum of 20 minutes in the gym on the treadmill every day. I figure that if I'm letting myself keep it to 20 mins, it doesn't feel so daunting and it's going to be easier to get into the routine (and in practice the 20 mins flies by and generally stretches to at least half an hour, while I'm listening to my audiobook...)
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:06 AM   #22  
searching 4 the real me

Hi there...

Today is day 8 for me on Atkins and I am going strong. I lost 11lbs the first week and I was totally surprised. Happy but surprised. I'm sure alot of it was probably water weight but I also worked hard at the gym last week. And I will continue.

Luv2lift- I was that way too on day 2. By the time I was at day 5, I was filling alot better. Your body is just going thru changes as your eating changes. Try doing some exercises as well, that can make a difference. Especially when you weigh in. Hang in there... it will get better.

broadabroad- on your loss

Happy Monday Everyone!!

Last edited by ssgtswife33; 01-21-2008 at 10:09 AM.
ssgtswife33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:42 PM   #23  

Default hello

Hello,
I am actually in the induction phase myself here.. day 1.. i did atkins awhile a go and was very successful on it.. recommitted myself and ready to kick some major butt.. anyone interested in being buddies let me knwo
erinlyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:07 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 233/190/150

Height: 5'1

I would love to be your body erinlyt. I am doing the atkins diet and would love a buddy to keep me going and inspired.
WeightSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:18 PM   #25  

Default hello!

Broadabroad: Congratulations! How inspiring! wow...
That is nice to hear and helps me to hang in there. I weigh more than when I was 9 months pregnant! but...with you ladies to encouorage me I know I can do it!

bambifox: Thank you fo rfeeling my pain . I have to say last year was the most stressful year of my life to date. I am not sure how I go through but here I am ready for my happiest days yet! Congrats to you as well on your weight loss.

bgbrwnys101: Congrats on getting off to a wonderful start! I am not weighing until friday which will give me a full 6 days on the diet. I am in a contesdt at work. Our own version of The Biggest Loser. I actually GAINED the first week and was so embarrassed. I decided to get out the big guns (Atkins). so we will see this Friday how well I have fared.

I am starting to feel a little better. I havent worked out while on the LC. I plan to go to the gym tonight and see how it goes. I probably still have some carbs in my system as this is only day 3.??

Everyone:Anyways, I very much enjoy reading about your successes as well as the challenges (so I don't feel like I am the only one!)

Have an awesome day, girls!

CJ
Old 01-21-2008, 06:55 PM   #26  
banned

Luv2lift, I must tell you that I've been here in VA for about 1 yr and it was also very hard for me with an 8 yr old daughter and an ex-husband that lives in New York! When I moved, I spent so much time getting her adjusted (i.e., school, new environment, etc.) that I spent absolutely no time for me. That was good, but now it's time for us to do something for ourselves. Little did I realize that while my wasteline kept growing, I didn't have the energy to do things WITH my daughter instead of just FOR her. I find that the kids appreciate it when we can do things WITH them much better. So let's stop the guilt trips (all mom's have), and let's get that teeny weeny hourglass body! WE CAN DO IT! and in the process, make the best role models for our kids..more than Britney (ha ha), Hanna Montanna, etc.!
Old 01-21-2008, 06:58 PM   #27  
banned

Spectacular low-carb RECIPE ALERT!!!! Anyone interested in a kick-butt seafood bisque soup, holla at me for the recipe...I made it yesterday and have been eating it for 2 DAYS!!! It's really that good. I'm gonna try some more recipes I found here on this site and I'll send you all my personal findings...yum yum!
Old 01-22-2008, 05:14 AM   #28  

Jersey, Thanks that is perfect, I saved the page to my desktop for easy reference!!!
B. A. B. you are so funny, good job turning away those carbs!!!
Missed you all yesterday, in my small window of internet time I was busy fighting with dh, would have been more fun to post in!!!
Tara
bgbrwnys101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 244/229/180

Height: 5'4

I am on my 22nd on Induction, staying in that phase, as I have much to lose.

Good luck to all my new 'buddies'!
Amy On a Mission76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #30  

Default hello!

Ok..I am on my um? 5th day now and I feel so much better. I actually feel great! I have lost 4 pounds and I feel like I am past the sugar withdrawals.
I had a great workout last night and i was still pretty strong which I know from past experience sometimes isn't the case. It's possible I still had a little bit of carbs in my system but my stick was purple this morning (does anyone still do that besdies me?? ;-) I have been on a version of the diet where I eat just a tad of carbs right before my workout and I was still able to stay in ketosis. I may try that if I start feeling weak as the days roll on. Anyways, just wanted to share that I feel so much better..sheesh.
I would love the recipe for seafood bisque! Part of what helps me to stay on track is variety. I had deviled eggs and coffee (whipping cream and splenda added) for breakfast and I just had jumbo shrimp sauteed in garlic butter for lunch today along with some havarti. Last night I had rubbed boneless chicken breast with grilled pepper strips. I don't feel deprived at all. i know in the past, I got stuck on the eggs, bacon, steak, cheese plan and felt deprived and bored. So from past experience I promised myself I would 'treat' myself to a little more effort when it comes to meal planning and preperation.
I think I will check out the recipes section for some great LC recipes. I have yet to navigate this site for recipes, so feel free to offer direction.

Have an amazing day! and hang in there. You deserve it!

CJ