Old 12-30-2007, 08:30 PM   #16  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

BB,thanks for the welcome back. I've really been very busy with shopping and kids and grandkids. My wt. has been on the back burner for about a month. I'm hoping to start hitting the gym. My Dr. gave me a permission note and I can do the arm, leg and cardio machines , but not any type of abdominal workout except I am allowed the water aerobics. Hopefully I can get this 6 lbs off, it's a wonder it isn't more. I guess all the time spent running around shopping counted as at least a little exercise.

I had a horrible cold/congestion that lasted for a good 6 weeks and couldn't even do my treadmill. I'm finally feeling OK again to try to get back in better shape.

When I make brisket, I rub it with a package of dry lipton onion soup mix and bake it at 350 degrees, 1 hr. for each lb. of meat. It turns out great every time, but I haven't looked at the carbs on the soup mixture pack.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:57 PM   #17  

Hi Fellow LC'ers!
Finally joined the community after weeks of reading threads. Found out there are lots of others on the low carb road with me. Perhaps all the Christmas sugar in my bloodstream gave me the courage to sign up. Looking forward to eating and feeling better with all of you.
tcr10
tcr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:03 AM   #18  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

tcr10 Well, you have found a great place for support, glad to have you here.

The brisket turned out awesome!! But I will do it a bit different next time. We had tested it before I did the bbq part of the recipe. OMG the crusty topping and flavouring was delicious....hubby kept picking at it. He even wanted 1/4 of it put in the fridge without the sauce on it for sandwiches. So for my very first brisket.....Im impressed!!! It will make great lunchy stuff!

I found a recipe last night on the site Kim always posts. It is creamy nacho soup. Im going to go get the ingredients today for it.....looks like the perfect warm spicy soup for lunches!!

Today is day 6 Im feelin good, and the new winter coat I got for christmas, fits better already

My hubby and I dont have any plans for new years, but my daughter has a sleep over planned. She's got her room all cleaned, snacks all lined up, and party hats bought. I told her she could stay up and watch the count down if she wanted and ring in the new year with grape kool-aide This is turning out to be a big thing for her I suspect we will all be up late.....listening to giggling girls.

What are your plans for tonight?

Have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:42 AM   #19  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Robin, when I make the brisket I eat the leftovers rolled up in a low-carb tortilla with cheddar cheese, sour cream, guacamole and salsa. Yummy and low-carb.

It also sounds like you will have a fun New Year's Eve. I don't have any plans. DH will still be working out of town til tomorrow morning. My girls have plans with their friends, so I'll probably be home alone.

My son's deployment date is speeding up closer, February 9th. I'm scared and anxious. I really think this worry is part of why I'm having so much trouble staying on track. Also sleeping poorly.

DH got a hefty payraise yesterday at his semi-new oilfield job. I'm looking very forward to remodeling my home. I think keeping busy this year will be Key for me to get through this. I'm planning to double the size of my garden this year.

Hope everyone has a great and safe New Years Eve.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:04 PM   #20  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
Robin, when I make the brisket I eat the leftovers rolled up in a low-carb tortilla with cheddar cheese, sour cream, guacamole and salsa. Yummy and low-carb.
Wow, that sounds really good Lily!!

I went out today and did a little bit of grocery shopping....forgetting that it was the 31st, new years eve. WOW talk about too many shoppers!! Worse than the malls at christmas. So I picked up a few basics to get me thru the next couple days.

I have my soup cookin' and it smells delicious....hope it tastes as good as it smells
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:52 PM   #21  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

My DH & I are still not feeling well.We both got a bad head cold when were at my DD for Christmas. We're not celebrating either.
I'm going to make a German traditional drink called Gluewein[burgundy,water,cinnamon,gloves,lemons]put in a sauce pan and just brought to a boil. Put the hot punch into a mug and drink YUMMMY and than go to bed.

LILY-The worst time of the year from TG to Christmas Its very hard to stay on any program. I was good until the last couple of days before heading down to my DD.The excitement of seeing my dgc that I haven't see since Spring,took a toll on me. I now have to lose 17 lbs instead of 13.You'll lost the 6 lbs in no time,being able to use the exercise equipment.Sorry about your son being deployed so early. I can how imagine how you feel,as I had to say goodbye to my son who enlisted in the Navy for the Gulf War.Thank Goodness Hes now home and has a great job.

tcr-Welcome to the board.I joined here 2 years ago,after finding out I very sensitives to carbs.In between I went from counting calories back and forth to low carbing. Have to stay true in order to get good results.Like Robins said you find the board to be every friendly and lots of support here.

ROBIN-Happy to hear you had a delish brisket. We made the cock pot version 2 years ago for New Years Day.Nothing like leftovers for sandwiches. We're doing a goulash this year.BIG CONGRATS on fitting into your new coat comfortably. Thats a great feeling when you clothes fit,and not being snug.

HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR
and hope we all have a healthy one too.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:57 AM   #22  
beachbum

HAPPY NEW YEAR LADIES

I just posted a January exercising thread,it should be up shortly.Hope that we see this thread grow this year.

Will be back later

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:05 AM   #23  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

~Happy New Year~

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:41 PM   #24  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi , Happy new year!
Everything is back to "normal" here. my cousin was transfered to a hospital closer to where he lives, then he will be moving back in with his parents so they can help him untill he is better.
All my company is gone and I'm finaly getting back OP after a 10lb gain for the hollidays. We didn't realy do any celebrating this year but lots of stress eating and comfort foods. Time to get back on track! I'm looking forward to healthy living and WEIGHTLOSS in 2008!
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote