The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by aud View Post
Tx for the giggle diva!

I needed it today.

My dh has a real prob with the words "I'm sorry" . . . I had a real prob in a former long term relationship that I ended 'cause the dude would do things and then thought saying "I'm so sorry" could just fix the crap instantly, right? Sooooo, initially LOVED that dh wasn't the type to gush "I'm sorry" all the time . . .

Ummmmmmmmmm . . . hellllllllooooooo . . . after 17 years of Love means NEVER saying he's sorry - sometimes RE-think my choice of the other end of the spectrum!!!

LIKE WOULD IT FREAKIN' KILL YOU TO SAY YOU'RE SORRY ONCE IN AWHILE????????????????????? OR, HEY, HOW 'BOUT JUST ADMITTING YOU ARE EL WRONGO AND MADE A MISTAKE-O???? HAPPENS TO ALL OF US ONCE IN AWHILE BUCKO!!!!!!!!!!

*deep cleansing breaths*

*feeling of calm*

*whoooooosh*

*more water*

*gulp*

LMFAO!!!!!!!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:39 PM   #47  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

LMAO at Aud's comment. My DH is very quick to always say "I'm sorry and it will never happen again". Which is a CROCK. My standard reply is "No you're not sorry, you're only sorry you got caught". Which is 100% the case.

Anyways, I'm doing fantastic at staying on Induction plan. No cheats. Don't know what I weigh, but I can tell my clothes are getting loser. I am having to use a belt to keep my jeans from sliding down off my flat behind. LOL

I didn't exercise last night cause we spent the day at my MIL's and then went to Karoke last night. We had fun and I sang my little heart out. LOL. I'm pumping up with coffee and water right now and soon to hit my treadmill.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 07:48 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Hey everyone, I am new to this board.
Low carb was working quite well for me, then I fell off and decided to try calorie counting and that, for me anyway, is not the ticket. I'm up 3 lbs and that simply will not work for me....so, here I am. 100% back into LC and committed.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 08:16 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 200/200/140

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi,

Im new to the board and just finished my first day of induction yesterday, which at the end of I ate a mini kit kat bar someone gave me *ugh*. Im not gonna beat myself up tho cause I am sucha huge carb eatter, so to have that one thing is still a victory day for me. This way of eatting is hard for me, but I have to get off this carb merry go round Im on.
Tigerseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 08:29 AM   #50  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Mothermavis & Nancy!!!

You've come to a great place for advice, support & encouragement!

When done correctly, the low carb lifestyle works!!

All the best to you both!!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 08:59 AM   #51  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

I just changed my ticker back to the right reading.Starting induction again,and hopeful find the gate way to lose again.

WELCOME to the two new low carbers.You'll like it here very supportive and motivating people on this board.

AUD-I;m so sorry you have to go thought this,especially at this time when you have so much on your plate. Sending good: vibes your way.

LILY-I'm going back to Atkins and see if I can stay on it longer,than I did before. You're doing terrific ,you've always been my inspiration every since I came on the board a couple of years ago. I have to start exercising again,as you'd notice in the exercising sticky I haven't done any the whole week.

MOTHER MAVIS-Calorie Counting Yikes!! you don't think thats a good idea??????Thats what I'm doing on another board. Some one mentioned to me that they thought I wasn't get enough to eat and my body was going into a starvation mode,so thats my ideato check how many calories I really taking in.

Tigereye.-You did terrific,I have to watch my carbs also.Especially the bread ones. I was trying the new diet[5 factor]from the Hollywood stars and I didn't do good on that FAD diet,so not I trying to control my carbs again.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 09:35 AM   #52  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Mother & Tiger!

The calorie counting wasn't working for me either. WW's either. I always felt hunfry and gained 8 LBs on the counting so screw that mess. I am STILL in the habbit of counting calories, but the low car has def helped me so far. i admit, I do get freaked out by thge High calorie count, but then when I stepped on the scale last Monday I was pleasently surprised to be down 4 lbs.

It's been a hard week and I am in a mood and just spent 3 days off the wagon, but getting back on track today if not JUST to spite my bf. Long story and I won't bore y'all, but let's just say I do not like him much these day's...

Have a great weekend all. I plan on doing alot of walking and reading and anything to be ALONE!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 09:37 AM   #53  

Thanks for the welcome

BB, I also tried the 5 factor for a short time and I didnt find it worked either. It also seemed a little more complicated and I didnt want to keep up with it anyways.

Yesterday I had bought a frozen tuna steak and let it thaw overnight....I love sushi and wanted to eat it raw with some wasabi and soy sauce, so I did...for breakfast! I completely grossed my family out

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-10-2007, 01:59 PM   #54  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

HURRAH & WELCOME to MotherMavis & Tigerseye!

Here's the thing I LOVE LOVE LOVE about the LC Lifestyle - I'M NEVER HUNGRY!

As jerseygirl said - when done correctly - you NEVAH have to feel "deprived" like so many "diets."

I've always returned to LC to feel GREAT and lose weight - this time I'm making it my WOL - period. (July 16th '07.)

The trouble that I have is emotional overeating . . . I've made great strides in identifying the triggers . . . and just facing that we are living in a world of MEGA processed foods/flours/sugar/convenience food that is just plain ole BAD BAD BAD for us. LC takes some planning in this world - I'm making the Egg Bread that I haven't made all week - just having some ready is such a simple step in avoiding a crash & burn . . . also headed to the store for some supplies. Mmmmmmmmm . . . tuna steak? Haven't had sushi but determined to add more chicken & fish in this weekend & week.

Old habits die hard but DO die, ya know?

I've been off the exercise wagon the whole week too beachie - getting back on - starting TODAY!

I'm home all weekend so will be around to chat if anyone else is here.

ttyal!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 09:49 PM   #55  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey, all! I came to a realization the other day about how being a part of challenges feeds into my procrastination tendencies...and it's keeping me from my goals as opposed to helping. I wrote about it here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...66#post1925566

I'm removing myself from the challenges I've joined (TBL and W.O.W.) for the time being, until I can get myself back on track again. I'll be around to read everyone's posts and to give/get support weekly, I'm sure. But I need to find the things that are feeding into my self sabotage and eliminate them; I'm afraid that the challenges are hurting rather than helping. I want to say thank you to everyone who's been a huge support to me in all the challenges, and since I joined 3FC.

I'm not leaving the LC lifestyle behind, or giving up on my exercise. I'm hoping that by moving my goals away from a time-line, and pull them in more privately that I'll be able to start making progress again, instead of treading water like I have been for the last few months. I'll be checking in again, never you worry

--Azure/Kim
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 09:54 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Beach Bum-calorie counting was not working for me, that's not to say it won't work for you. I am still going to put everything into FitDay, I just need to focus more on carb and less on calories. That seems to be the ticket for me.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:07 PM   #57  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies. Well I jumped completely off the wagon due to the scale being up on friday. i am really mad at myself for doing so. I am spending the day tomorrow doing nothing but re reading my book for a fresh induction start on monday. Just wanted to drop in and say hello.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:29 PM   #58  

I went to ihop tonight after work and ate a small piece of rye toast and a mouthful of potatoes. I have lost weight the past couple of days....I guess compared to how many carbs I was eatting it is a BIG drop. So, at least I know I dont have to be "perfect" and the scale still moves. I have a problem with perfection personally. I feel when I havent been, I tend to just throw in the towel and eat. When the scale stops moving, of course I'll tweak it, but for now Im pretty happy

ILM4A...I know its hard getting started...but as we get going hopefully we'll have an easier time of it

Last edited by Tigerseye; 11-10-2007 at 11:35 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:08 AM   #59  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi gals, and welcome Tigerseye and Mothermavis.

Yeah, I got the wood all stacked. Jeez, I'm older than I was when I did this last year! I also got my front gutter cleaned out. Not perfectly, but enough. Just in time, too. It's rained half an inch today, and supposed to rain another half an inch tomorrow. And, guess what? Accuweather is predicting SNOW on and off for four days, starting eleven days from now! Yeah, I know, ain't gonna even happen, but it's fun to think about. The closer it gets, the higher the predicted temp will be. This happens every year. Not usually this early, though. I've never seen snow befor Feb, and then it mostly just barely dusts us in the wee-smalls and it's gone by 10 a.m. About once a year we get a couple of inches that lasts all day. Pretty, pretty, pretty. When it finally does snow I'll post a pic of the forest in the snow.

Warning: evil tempered rant begins here. A friend died of a heart attack a week ago, he was 65 and in horrible health, and tomorrow we're having a "celebration of his life." Hey, what ever happened to reality? How about, we're getting together to talk about him and mourn that he's not with us anymore? God, no, people don't DIE. They "pass." They aren't freaking GONE, they're "still here in spirit." Well, if I can't touch him and talk to him and joke with him and see him ever again, he's GONE. I don't feel a bit like celebrating, thank you very much. And if YOU are celebrating, I think there's something real, real wrong with you. Somebody we loved "passes" and these days we are supposed to throw a freakin PARTY and not do anything politically incorrect (not to mention honest) like be sad. No wonder Americans are known throughout the world for denial around death, and bizarre practices. I'd say sorry for the rant, but I'm not.

Anyway, today I binged on pistachios and beef jerkey. Lot better than potato chips and peanut butter sandwiches and Pepperidge Farms cookies, I suppose, but still a binge. Man, even my binges are boring anymore. Hm, that must not have been English -- I think the spirit of my third grade teacher just slapped me.

I've been waching Dante's Peak. Delightfully shivery movie for a girl who lives on a volcano...
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:53 AM   #60  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

I started the Atkins Induction this morning. This afternoon I'm going to bake my revolution rolls,so I have them for when I need them. I change my goal on the ticker to 150,once I reach that I will change it to 140 again.

It very cold!!! this more temps are 28,I had to bring some winter clothes up from the basement yesterday. What a difference from last year it didn't get cold until Feb.2007 Thought we get the same again,but I guess I was wrong.

TIGER-What a mistake to start that stupid 5 factor diet. I wasted two whole weeks on it,and I could have been finished with my induction by now.You're lucky about the scale being a friend,mine not,it just hooves on the 164-165 for the longest time.and doesn't budge. I have a waist high physician scale,and the balance bean is in the center.

AUD-Going to start exercising tomorrow,and this time I going to keep it going even if a few mins,as it better than nothing. Where that egg bread that your talking about is it on the Linda web site.???? I like to try it, instead of baking the rev rolls all the time.

AZURE/KIM-You're going to be in the zone very soon. I have a lot of soul searching myself. I was fooled into a diet that didn't work for me.Having all the breads & grain carbs, WHAT WAS I THINKING????? Thats way I hear and back to the Atkins induction.

MOTHERMAVIS-I use fit day and it helps with the carb & calorie count. Today I'm on a low calories count of 1030 being on the first day of induction. Forgot what the carbs were,have to go back and check. Good luck to us on the Atkins,hopefully we will all hit our goals.

ILOVEMIKE-Sorry for the scale going up on Friday. I had the same thing happen on SAT. Moved my goal up to 150 and when i get there I will return it to my original 140. I have to keep myself physicked [sp]

BOUNCIE-I saw the beef jerky in Wal-mart's yesterday and was going to buy it but I wasn't sure you cxan have it on induction. Instead I bought Kraft's New Digestive Cheese sticks that I found in our local Stop & Shop Its has 1 carb so I think it OK. Sorry about the 65 year old man that passing on.

Have to go get ready for church, will post later

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 11-11-2007 at 08:53 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote