Old 09-25-2007, 11:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 140/136.6/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Buddy for Daily Weigh-In?

Hi there, I'm pretty new to this forum, but I'd really like to have a buddy for a daily weigh-in. I know for myself that if I weigh in daily then I tend to cheat less and I stick to the program. If anyone is interested I would love to have someone do it with me.

I'm going to start:

139.4lbs - Sept 25th

(I was 136.2 on Friday, but I went on a bender this weekend and here I am now )
I worked out for an hour yesterday:

40 Mins Stationary Bike
20 Mins Leg Calesthetics

Anyway, anyone interested, please join me here
MuffinPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:28 AM   #2  
On a De-fluffing Quest

S/C/G: 250/c sig/160

Height: 5'5"

hi Muffin.. Love to weigh in daily with you! I like weighing every morning too. It helps me see exactly what that cheat did to me.

For me this am... 220 (making up from a weekend splurge... yesterday was 222!!)
Last night I did a 30 min jog/walk workout through the hills in my neighborhood. I can really feel it in my abs this morning. Feels great!
MissyFluffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:13 AM   #3  
IP start June 11, 2014

I guess I'll jump in. My weekend sent me off plan as well with pizza, fresh apple pie, and ice cream. Weird how these splurges now just don't seem to be as worth it anymore. Anyway 207.6 for me and back on plan since Monday. Have a good day ladies. Buffalo wings and spinach salad for lunch today.
228/207.6/160
5'8"
kelligirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/133.5/117

Height: a lil under 5'4"

Thumbs up

Hi all! I'll weigh in daily too, I mean I always sneak a peak in the morning anyway. But I am never the same weight from day to day - not sure if other women have the same issue, but my weight fluctuates by 8lbs day to day depending on water weight....

This morning I was 137.5!

I'll probably try to get a work out in today....that always lowers my water-weight, and it'll probably bring me back down to 135 for tomorrow...but as for actually losing fat, it hasn't happened in a while, and I haven't cheated on induction at all!
krawhitham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:30 AM   #5  
On a De-fluffing Quest

S/C/G: 250/c sig/160

Height: 5'5"

Ouch! I was at 221 this am. I know I went a bit over on carbs yesterday (they were giving away this beautiful fresh fruit at work)

But my calorie count was still really low. I'm thinking I'm very close to having Aunt Flo's visit, hopefully it's 4 lbs of bloat... couldn't get my engagement ring on this morning
MissyFluffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:33 AM   #6  

Unhappy

AAAHHHH!! I've gained a pound! I'm now 140.4 lbs! Whats going on?? I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I work out everyday, I've been soo good on Atkins (this past weekend was my first cheat in 3 weeks!) and I'm either staying still or gaining weight... this is very disheartening!

For the past 3 years I've hovered around 132-142lbs and I just can't get any lower.... I just want to be 120lbs is that too much to ask???? (Sorry, just asking the universe, not anyone in particular). It just seems that no matter how hard I try, how much exercise I get in, no matter what, I can't break out of the 130's....
Old 09-26-2007, 12:01 PM   #7  

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinPop View Post
For the past 3 years I've hovered around 132-142lbs and I just can't get any lower.... I just want to be 120lbs is that too much to ask???? (Sorry, just asking the universe, not anyone in particular). It just seems that no matter how hard I try, how much exercise I get in, no matter what, I can't break out of the 130's....
MuffinPop, it seems that we are in the same boat! I am about 5'3" as well and I hover between 132-142 as well! It's been a 3-year journey for me too!!!! I got down to 127 last fall/winter, but then got really, really sick (as i always do in the winter/spring) and gained (because i couldnt do ANY exercise for 2 whole months) and shot back up to 140!!

I was at 127 for 6 months straight and couldn't lose a pound....but at the time I wasnt doing Atkins. I'm hoping atkins is the KEY to getting lower than 127!!!

I'm right there with you though, thru the frusteration and everything it's like WHY CANT I LOSE the last 10 or so lbs?!?!??! And NO, 120 lbs IS NOT too much to ask!!!! It's perfectly reasonable!!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 02:12 PM   #8  

Thanks so much for that!! At least I'm not the only one... makes me feel a little better. I'm going to Mexico in a few weeks and so I've been killing myself the last few months and it seems like the only way I can lose weight is by being really unhealthy... This is not good and its certainly not a long-term way of maintaining the weight loss (hence why I'm here now).

So ya, what to do?? I feel like i've tried everything... low-fat, low-carb, low-cal, crazy exercise, etc... nothing works... Maybe I'm not meant to be thin??

Yeesh!!
Old 09-26-2007, 02:47 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinPop View Post
Thanks so much for that!! At least I'm not the only one... makes me feel a little better. I'm going to Mexico in a few weeks and so I've been killing myself the last few months and it seems like the only way I can lose weight is by being really unhealthy... This is not good and its certainly not a long-term way of maintaining the weight loss (hence why I'm here now).

So ya, what to do?? I feel like i've tried everything... low-fat, low-carb, low-cal, crazy exercise, etc... nothing works... Maybe I'm not meant to be thin??

Yeesh!!
The only time I've been able to get down to 120 was back early in college, I was an athlete, on the track & field team and I lifted weights 3 days a week and ran for 2-3 hours per day 6 days a week.

So....the only thing that does it for me is INSANE amounts of exercise, which I can't do anymore because I've run my hips & knees into the ground

But I have only just started low carb, I've never tried it before, and I've decided i'm going to stay on induction for a full year to see if I can get results!
Old 09-26-2007, 03:34 PM   #10  

Oh absolutely!! Low-carb, for me, was the ONLY thing that ever worked. Every other way made me sick and run down and I never lost anything... So I'm happy to do low-carb but it would just be so gratifying to actually get somewhere as opposed to staying exactly the same ALL the time... All I can do is keep pushing through... How come weight can't come off in 10 lb increments? LOL!
Old 09-27-2007, 09:27 AM   #11  

Thank goodness!! The scale says I'm down!! I'm 138.2lbs today

I worked out another 60 mins last night....
Old 09-27-2007, 10:57 AM   #12  

I'm still at 137.5....have been for an entire week and a half now. I have been very diligent at atkins induction, altho i haven't had time to put in proper workouts. But I heard that on atkins, you dont necessarily have to work out to lose weight... is that not true? Or maybe my body is just getting prepared for a big 3-4 lb drop!! haha...
Old 09-27-2007, 11:03 AM   #13  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Kraw-- I'd say that exercise is pretty important no matter what diet you're on I'm admittedly lazy...but I'm trying my hardest to MAKE myself do it. If you're hitting a snag, I'd actually count your carbs AND calories for a few days to see where you're at--are your calories too low or too high? Before I started counting my Atkins calories, I was eating WAY low (like 1,000 cal/day low). I know that's not a good idea for my body, so I make sure I get 1300-1500 calories a day now. On the other hand, Atkins can be very high calorie if you let it be--and if you're eating too MANY calories, it could be stalling you. I've found it's really hard to eat too many calories on Atkins, though...so I'd check to see if you're eating too few
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:17 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Kraw-- I'd say that exercise is pretty important no matter what diet you're on I'm admittedly lazy...but I'm trying my hardest to MAKE myself do it. If you're hitting a snag, I'd actually count your carbs AND calories for a few days to see where you're at--are your calories too low or too high? Before I started counting my Atkins calories, I was eating WAY low (like 1,000 cal/day low). I know that's not a good idea for my body, so I make sure I get 1300-1500 calories a day now. On the other hand, Atkins can be very high calorie if you let it be--and if you're eating too MANY calories, it could be stalling you. I've found it's really hard to eat too many calories on Atkins, though...so I'd check to see if you're eating too few
Fortunately the last "diet" i was on (for about 2 years) was a calorie counting one where i balanced my carbs/protiens/fats and i stayed between 1200-1800 calories a day depending on the physical activity i was doing that day. I've really trained my body in how much it NEEDS for any given day and I always eat when I'm hungry, so I'm still eating 1200-1800 on atkins (and i have to say eating 1800 cals on atkins is really hard unless i eat a LOT!!)

The thing is, my waist is smaller, and I can feel my clothes fitting slightly looser, but it's just the scale isnt moving. I'm thinking maybe my body is retaining water?? I will go on a quest today to drink LOADS of water!
Old 09-28-2007, 11:29 AM   #15  

Yahoooo!!! Finally, I'm seeing some action: 136.6lbs!

I don't know why I have such a hang up with this... If I don't lose any weight, I'm massively frustrated and depressed and then when I do finally lose something I'm just so elated! Hmmm, possibly a mental health problem??? LOL! I put way too much stock in the whole weight thing... I fully realize that, but for me, not losing is equal to having a really bad hair day or something... I end up thinking that I look terrible and that everyone can see it... Of course they can't tell if I lost a pound or not, but it makes a huge difference in my confidence levels...
Ahh, well. Enough analyzing... Its definitely a nice way to start the weekend though