Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 10:10 AM   #16  
Starting Over

Hi,

I tried ******* and only lasted 4 days. I lost great but I got so sick and decided it was not for me and I would go back to WW because I know that is what works for me. My sister in law has done great on Atkins and another friend on South Beach so I guess you just have to find what works for you but ******* was not for me. Kimmer was so nice and immediatly refunded my money so I could join WW.

One question I have is for someone who has done the low carb program and then switched...I still have the naseaous feeling and I am wondering how long that might last? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes
Thanks!
Setina
Old 08-02-2007, 07:01 PM   #17  

I just wanted to let everyone that is considering trying ******* to PLEASE not! It is an extremely dangerous VLCD that is producing eating disorder behaviour and health problems at an alarming rate. The diet sounds *somewhat* reasonable on the surface but is simply dangerous. Here are a couple of blogs with some eye-opening information on this "diet". Please share these links with anyone you know that is interested in ******* or currently doing *******. Be Blessed!

www.*******survivors.wordpress.com (You may need tissues for this one!)
www.*******dangers.blogspot.com
www.anti*******.blogspot.com
Old 08-02-2007, 09:16 PM   #18  

And I feel that it is only fair to mention that there are many people out there that are being very underhanded and unscrupulous.

I have been on and off ******* for well over a year. All of the horrible things these trendy new anti ******* blogs suggest...I've not had any problems.

******* is perfectly safe and ABSOLUTELY effective. It is not a FAD diet. It has been around for well over a year. What really cracks me up is that the major naysayers are all members of a certain LC board. They complain, complain, complain about Kimmer and her site...BUT they still keep her plan listed on their forums. People still discuss it, still follow it. Apparently it is safe to follow IF you do it there. Just don't pay Kimmer. Heavens no. That would be oh so very wrong.

Decide for yourself, but I wouldn't rely on these less than unbiased blogs.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:11 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5"5

a lady at my work is really enjoying it but i heard its extrmemely low cal which isnt good for anybody but if its what you need to get you going on the right path to healthy eating by all means you are your own person, i am doing lc until i lose the weight and then will be trying a more balanced lifestyle like thezone. everyone is different.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:14 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomfighter View Post
And I feel that it is only fair to mention that there are many people out there that are being very underhanded and unscrupulous.
It's simple honesty.

Quote:
I have been on and off ******* for well over a year. All of the horrible things these trendy new anti ******* blogs suggest...I've not had any problems.
If it works so well, why would one need to be off and on for a whole year? Oh, right, because there is no maintenance plan and as soon as one goes from starving to actually eating, all the weight returns.
The things the blogs say are only horrible because they are true.

Quote:
******* is perfectly safe and ABSOLUTELY effective. It is not a FAD diet. It has been around for well over a year.
Effective...yes, as long as you are willing to lose weight to the tune of lost hair, damaged heart function, and a totally messed up metabolism along with a host of other serious problems. It is an unhealthy...no, let me restate...DANGEROUS crash diet with a great potential to throw people straight into an eating disorder....as proven by many already.
A year???? That's your basis to claim it's safety?

Quote:
What really cracks me up is that the major naysayers are all members of a certain LC board. They complain, complain, complain about Kimmer and her site...BUT they still keep her plan listed on their forums. People still discuss it, still follow it. Apparently it is safe to follow IF you do it there. Just don't pay Kimmer. Heavens no. That would be oh so very wrong.
C'mon Heidi....its never been about the money for those that care. It's about people's health...people's lives. Money is the least of it to those that actually hold some value for life. And you can make this about you being victimized from a certain board all you want, but look around you...some of the biggest voices in the awareness campaign are from the ******* site.

Quote:
Decide for yourself, but I wouldn't rely on these less than unbiased blogs.
Many have decided for themselves and the information is getting out there so even more can continue to make quality life saving decisions. That's where these wonderful informative blogs are coming from - decisions to care about one's own health and the health and lives of others.

Biased? What's the Bias? There is nothing for anyone to gain by these blogs except to see people's lives get saved. Surely you see that as a worthy cause, don't you?
Old 08-02-2007, 11:22 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5"5

i also wanted to add that i wouldnt touch kimkims with a ten foot pole....esp after reading those blogs.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:50 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee315 View Post
i also wanted to add that i wouldnt touch kimkims with a ten foot pole....esp after reading those blogs.
Good for you Chickadee! And make sure to get ANYONE interested in that "diet" to those blogs so at least they can truly make an *informed* decision and know what they are in for if they choose to follow that plan!
Old 08-11-2007, 05:00 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 335/305/150ish

I lost 30 pounds with Kimmers diet
and I have had no problem. I use a little more fat then she would like, but I love it, I am not hungry, I eat about 900 calaries a day on most days. SOme people over do it, and are not using their brains and those are the ones that get sick from it, or any diet for that matter. The go to the extreme.
Andabout those blogs abd stuff, How does anyone know if they are real people, It just seems like a witch hunt
BTW my dr knows I am on it and said short term is ok. I am not healthy being fat.
sandi
Old 08-11-2007, 06:51 PM   #24  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi D View Post
I lost 30 pounds with Kimmers diet
and I have had no problem. I use a little more fat then she would like, but I love it, I am not hungry, I eat about 900 calaries a day on most days. SOme people over do it, and are not using their brains and those are the ones that get sick from it, or any diet for that matter. The go to the extreme.
Andabout those blogs abd stuff, How does anyone know if they are real people, It just seems like a witch hunt
BTW my dr knows I am on it and said short term is ok. I am not healthy being fat.
sandi
I would be worried about getting 900 calories a day. I've attended courses taught by nutritionists at college and both said that under no circumstances should someone eat less than 1200 calories a day--it causes the body to go to starvation mode. An occasional day less than 1200 won't hurt someone's metabolism/health in the long run--but staying under 1200 regularly could be dangerous...

I'd be skeptical of any doctor or diet-creator who suggests getting less than 1200 a day is okay--no matter what weight you currently are.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:18 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 335/305/150ish

that may be, but its not a WOL for it, its just to get it going and Sept. when My boys are back in school, we will be on Atkins 72
I feel great, My blood work is good and it's been a while sense I felt this good.
sandi
Old 08-11-2007, 07:53 PM   #26  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Even the About.com page warns people away from this diet:

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/pop...imkinsdiet.htm

Last post got locked... I would recommend locking this one too.
Closed Thread