Old 04-17-2007, 11:40 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 187/187/145

Height: 5'03

Hello all!! Thought I would join in on your chat. I hope I can be support for you all. Goodness knows I need all the support I can get!! I started atkins about 3 days ago. Tomorrow will be my 4th day. I feel really good. My mind seems alot more clear than before I started. I lost 60 lbs on Atkins about 7 yrs ago. Unfortunately I gained some of it back. Well, most of it. I went back to my old ways. I did manage to keep the weight off for several years. Awhile back I was doing weight watchers and lost 20 lbs. I have gained about 10 of those lbs back. I liked weight watchers, but it gave me a little tooooo much freedom to cheat. It works, but I quit. I was posting on the ww threads for awhile and dropped off. I do not want to do that again!!!! I really haven't started an exercise routine yet. I was riding the heck out of my stationary bike. Like 15-20 miles. I suppose I will get back to walking and riding my bike soon. I look forward to meeting all of you. I think I have been on a thread with you before, lillybelle. I think we talked before, maybe not. I had to take a little peek at the scales after the 2nd day and so far I lost 2 lbs. of water retention. Yipee!!! Have a great night and I will talk to you guys soon.
pacemomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:42 AM   #17  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Wow, look at all the new folks!!

Im here....just buried in vinyl graphics and foosball tables. Hopefully they will all be done today!! We have a total of 15 we are applying graphics to. We, not we, me!! Dh is loading them back up in the boxes when Im done. I am soooooooooooooooooo sore!! I always knew I had really girly hands, but after yesterday, I have sore boney girly hands The only part of my body that is boney!!!!!

Alright, Im off to work.....have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:16 AM   #18  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Still raining and the winds are still among us.Can't wait until this weather disappears, enough is enough.

My aches and pains are gone,except for in the base of my left hand thumb .Have a wrist brace on my left, so it hard to type. My house is taking a tole for this as I can't do any cleaning.

b-zucchini pancake with breakfast link sausages,1c soy milk
l-Fried Hot Dog with diced onions & tomatoes
d-Turbot fish fillet,green beans with spetzel

Lily- Your silly doggie,chewing on the computer cord.Wheres his chewing bone. Happy to see you back,didn't know where you were, I miss you. Gee!! This is not your year,with illnesses. Hope you feel better soon .You'll get the old scale moving downward again,you body needs time to rest. Take care 101 fever is nothing to sneeze at.

Brenda-I would have loved to go fishing with you. My dh used to take me out periodically when living in NY. I once caught the biggest fish that day,but DH didn't put me in the pool.

Getup-Losing 6 lbs thats fantastic Big congrats We're all been there eating cheese & crackers. Your lose it again.

Pace-:welcome1: to the board. The more the merrier I always say. Like you, I tried several diets in the past and the doctor & I came to the conclusion that I'm carb sensitive and had to lower my carb intake in order for the scale to move down. Low carbing is what I have to do for the rest of my life. Sounds like you need lower carbs Welcome back.

Robin-Take care of those hands,and have a fun day at work.

Have a good one

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:40 AM   #19  
Baby Steps

My arm is still aching so I'm not staying long. Just checking in and wanted to say hello to all the new ones and keep stay on the wagon to the "usuals". The scale went up so I can't report a loss. But I should be seeing a downward in the scale soon as I've been OP and there are other signs of ketosis.....so looking forward to that. Well, off to take more advil and rest. UGH!!! Don't forget your water!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:39 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 227/225/165

Height: 5'8

My name is Zina and I would like to join your group if that is ok with everyone.
zinawarriorforGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:56 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 303/303/175

Height: 5'6

thx beachbum! Yeah so happy they are gone. Now im just dealing with the major cravings. But i havent given in!!! I have a big job interview today. My agency is sending me over there. So far they have sent 20 people and this man has not hired anyone yet. So im a little nervous! But determined as can be!!
Carol: hope ur daughter has that baby soon! its no fun being 9+ months pregnant! lol
Dropzofjupiter29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:03 AM   #22  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone and a BIG welcome to all the new folks.

I'm still posting, just been feeling lousy and having a lot of family stress to deal with (the SD).

Carol, hope those babies arrive safely and soon. We now have 2 on the way. One from each of the 2 SD's. One due in June and other in July.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:10 PM   #23  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

The sun is out,WoW we haven't seen it out since last Saturday.But its still to windy to go down to the beach. Long for my walking along the sandy dunes.

Nothing new, I W-I tomorrow,so I might have a bit of news how that goes,:cross: crossing my figures that I have another lose.

Brenda-What happened to your arm?????, sorry if I must of missed a post or two. Hope you're on the mend real soon. Does the same rule apply[2 days OP] when you in ketostis, or do you use the strip???????? Heres to : a good W-I.

Zina-Welcome to the board.

Drop-Craving will stop also. Good Luck on your job interview. Crossing my fingers that you get it.

Lily-Don't let the SD's life stress you out,its not worth it,you have your own day to day problems. Take care and hope you're feeling better soon.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 04-19-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:10 AM   #24  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

We have another beautiful sunny day,so we're going to take advantage and get some walking done along the beach. This afternoon I have to go our last senior singers rehearsal before the big birthday party next Friday at the Center.

Well I W-I this morn and I'm up.3 from last week as I calling it a MAINTAIN.So I'm not going to bother changing my ticker. That .3 is water fluctuation,and I know it will be down again tomorrow.

Have a good one

Hugs BB
Old 04-20-2007, 12:41 PM   #25  
lilybelle

Hi everyone.

I took my SD back to my MIL's yesterday so I can again use my computer without her watching.

I know I said we were going to wait on a boat, but I found a great used boat that fits our needs and our budget. They even let us take it to a boat shop and have it all mechanically checked out and take it to the lake and try it out. So, we plan to get it. It runs great and looks fairly good. (could use new marine carpet). Much, much cheaper than the new boats we had looked at. It was repossessed from previous owner and finance company said there is "no problem at all" with us getting it. All they are asking is the $4400.00 that the payoff was and the loan value on it is WAY more than that. So, it is a great deal. It's now parked in my yard. LOL. (Another man wanted to buy it the same day, so they told me to go ahead and hook up to it and take it home and try it out and it was ours if we wanted it). LOL, I personally know the other man, He can afford a brand NEW boat, LOL, so I took this one. It's a Ranger Bass Boat and my DH loves it. He didn't pressure me on it at all. We had quit looking really and this one just got repossessed on Monday at the company where I make my car payment. So, I'm the one that found it and brought it home. LOL, that's a first. It came with ski's, but I think I'll stay off those, as I'd probably hurt myself. But, DH and the kids will enjoy skiing.

I'm back on plan today with my eating and exercise.

I replanted my tomatoes yesterday. Hopefully no more freezes. The rest of my garden is looking great.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:08 PM   #26  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Finally had a beautiful sunny day to walk along the beach. The temps are around 65 * which gave me the opportunity to open the windows
to let some fresh air in after being shut during the winter months.

Nothing new, have to do some house cleaning after having a bad week with my thumb and back hurting.

Lily-Have a great time on your boat. Your DH & children will love how you pick it up.

Have a nice weekend

Hugs BB
Old 04-21-2007, 03:24 PM   #27  

Height: 5'4"

Good Saturday to all of you!

I haven't posted for a few days but I wanted to let you all know that I am still going strong! I started last Saturday back on Atkins but had a bad day on Sunday... BUT have been on plan 100% since Monday of this week. I weighed this morning and have lost 4.5 pounds.

DH, the kids and I went out last nite to eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant and I ordered the fahitas for one skillet -- gave away my rice, beans and tortillas to dh and kids and ate my steak strips and stir fried veggies along with the guacomole salad that came with my meal. It tasted great and I was reminded how easy it is to remain low carb when eating out and STILL have a great tasting and satisfying meal.

I haven't gotten back into exercising yet -- only did a couple short hip/butt/abs workouts this week. I am going to try to work in some exercise this week. Anyone else having trouble in that area?

Enjoy your weekend!
ThinMeWantsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 02:38 AM   #28  
lilybelle

We took the boat fishing tonite and I caught way more fish than DH, but I gave him the pleasure of cleaning all the fish. LOL. I plan to cook fish tomorrow night. I caught a huge , scary looking GAR and cut my line and just gave it my hook. LOL. It was a fun evening.

Thin, WTG on the 4.5 lbs. I sure wish I'd see a decrease on my scale about now. But, my eating is far from perfect right now, so I deserve to not be losing anymore. BTW, my ticker is off a few lbs. I am fighting myself to get back on plan and stay there.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:51 PM   #29  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

What a gorgious day we're having. Hubby and I walked along the beach this afternoon. The parking lot was filled. It was as if summer had arrived again.To bad its not going last as my the middle of the week the temp are going down again.

ThinMe-Big congrats on your 4.5 weight loss. I have to get the ball starting to roll again.This week I will watch the carb intake.You did fantastic giving away stuff and sticking to OP.

LILY-Glad you had a great time on the boat. WoW you did great catching all that fish. When we go out on a charter boat all I catch are sea robins,That you have to throw back.Nothings Like FRESH FISH.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 04-22-2007 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:18 PM   #30  
lilybelle

BB, that sounds so nice to walk along the beach. Here I always walk out in the country and I like it too. I love doing stuff outdoors.

I am so far back on plan today. I slept most of the day so haven't eaten much. I do plan to cook the fish for dinner though.

DH is out mowing the lawn. LOL, I've mowed it for so long that I thought he'd forgotten how. Looks like it's gonna rain soon here.

I can't wait to get the fresh veggies out of my own garden to eat. They are doing great now.