Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 03:29 AM   #1  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Default I'm not understanding

I went to FitDay and put in what I've had to eat today ( and it's not far from what I normally do eat and drink) and I've only had 567 calories!! Does this seem right??

What do I do?

My goal is I think 2059 calories a day and 30 minutes exercise.

TIA girls!
Old 10-28-2006, 06:46 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi there. I'm no expert or anything, but umm...........something definitely seems out of whack. What is it actually that you are eating? 567 calories is nothing. I am also five feet as you can see by my numbers on the left. I must tell you that I am seeing a nutritionist and our numbers are very similar and she says that in order for me to lose weight I should be eating around 1400 calories a day with about 45 -60 mins of exercise. I did think her calorie count was a bit low, but nevertheless I think over 2000 is a bit high.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:58 AM   #3  
Meg

Can you make your Fitday journal public so we can see if we spot something odd? Go to www.fitday.com, sign into your account, and click on the 'Home' tab. Go to the bottom of the page where it says 'Public Journal' and select making your journal public. It will then give you a link that you can copy and paste here.

Once your journal is public, you can also have it show up under your name here at 3FC (like mine). Go to UserCP on the purple bar on the top of this page, click on 'Edit Profile' and scroll down the page until you see Fitday. All you have to do is type in your user name (not the whole link, just the user name). It will only work if you made your journal public first.

If we can see what you've been eating, I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions and ideas about what's going on.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:31 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 1.5"

Yeah, post a link for us to your fitday and then post what you actually ate and we can help you compare!
Old 10-28-2006, 10:22 PM   #5  

I haven't used the journal on there. I have used the one on here but not that much!

Let me try that because I would really love some help. Thanks so much girls!
Old 10-28-2006, 10:25 PM   #6  

i made it public and here is the link just in case...

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...ner=WannaBe200

I started this last night around 1 am because that is about when my 'day' is. I usually work wierd shifts at work
Old 10-28-2006, 11:01 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 1.5"

Can you post when you ate what, in this thread? What did you have for breakfast? Was the Kung Pao for lunch or dinner?

You could definitely benefit from adding dairy and more fruits and veggies! It doesn't seem like you're eating regular, balanced, meals throughout the day, either.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:28 AM   #8  

I had Kung Pao Chicken for 'diner' at like 11:30 last night because that was when my time at work was to eat. I only get a chance to eat like 1 real meal a day and the rest is snack like things or fruit.

I always make sure I get to drink lots of water
Old 10-29-2006, 09:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Ah shift work! Messes with yer innards, yes?
How about the little things? Cream and sugar in tea or coffee, soda, juice, condiments, candy, gum ... at my work we have an unlimited supply of arrowroot cookies ... I used to nibble and had no idea the effect 10 cookies would have on my calorie count. Did you eye-ball that chicken dish? I'm really bad at that. My eyeball cup is waaaay more than a real cup is.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:21 PM   #10  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Well you definately need more well balanced meals! Take a snadwich with ya for lunch and some fruit, for breakfast maybe a healthy slimfast shake would help?
Old 10-29-2006, 05:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

It's going to be hard to keep yourself healthy when you eat so little and are good friends with popcorn and Butterfinger bars, but don't bring in lots of fruits, veggies, lean protein and whole grains!

You may not want to worry about calories right away and start focusing on how to incorporate healthy foods. Initially it can be overwhelming. I started by bringing lunches and snacks to work. It takes some planning, but also makes such a difference.

For instance, just now I have grilled up 4 chicken breasts. Hubby and I will eat on them during the week as snacks and part of meals. There will always be something healthy to grab so I don't get too hungry.

Tonight I will pack up bags of carrot sticks and grapes to throw in lunch bags during the week. We will be eating some leftovers of one-pot meals that got frozen...

It took me a while to seque to a new way of eating, and I do occasionally eat Chinese food and whatnot, but I think if you want to be healthy, you may need to overhaul what you're doing on a day to day basis

If you want ideas about how to do any of this, you will get lots of advice if you want it!
Old 10-29-2006, 05:15 PM   #12  

The Kung Pao Chicken is the South Beach One. I try to eat those and that helps with counting carbs. I have an apple every day and popcorn.

I didn't think that popcorn was soo bad for you.

I would love some help and that would be nice.

I usually work 12 hour shifts and money is kinda limited. But I do eat South Beach Meals and I have grilled chicken breast that I eat with brown rice. Lean Pockets sometimes but not since I got food poisined from them.

Any ideas?

ETA: That we don't have candy and cookies and I don't drink coffee that often. I might drink it once a month and it's black when I do. The only candy that I have eaten was yesterday and that was such a bad idea... I wish that I had never eaten them.. Grrrrr
Old 10-29-2006, 05:55 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

oooo candy. I can never eat just one.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:12 PM   #14  

I didn't look at your FitDay journal, but if popcorn is your weakness, try eating one of the newer mini-bags. They range in calories from about 100 to 210 calories per bag. I have one of the mini-bags whenever I have extra calories available in the evenings while watching tv.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Actually, it's not that popcorn is bad for you, but if that's your main source of carbs, then it's not as healthy as other choices.

Brown rice is great! Whole wheat pastas, whole grain breads, etc.

You know, you don't have to make every change now. My advice is to read these boards. This calorie counting board is good, and if you want info on healthy foods, there's some good info on Whole Foods Lifestyles. And, I see you joined us on the 300+ board!

I had to do this by baby-steps, and maybe you do too!

If you can bring food to work, get one of those insulated bags, and pack it full of healthy food!
Closed Thread