Old 11-22-2006, 12:10 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 227/153/135

Height: 5'7"

Webweevil...AWESOME!!! Way to go!!!!!

Yesterday -- Calories in, 1800 (I like round numbers...no pun intended *tee hee*) calories out, 3550. Deficit - 1750. So why is my weight stuck at 165???? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr r
OnePerDecade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:28 PM   #137  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Guys, I think I may have to stop posting here.

I hopped on the scale today for the first time in ages, and since I've begun trying to eat like a 'normal' person--even purposely not counting calories on the weekends because I was afraid of getting too obsessed--I've regained twelve pounds.

[Edited later to add that the scale was down two of those pounds this morning, but since they were mean and showed up to scare me in the first place, I'm STILL counting them, even if they were water retention.]

Because of this, I've come to the decision that I'm going to have to stay with a very low-calorie diet (and also decided to take a shot at getting down to 140 even). I have the double-whammy against me of both having been obese for many years, and having an illness that leaves me constantly fatigued. I can't always get the amount or kind of activity I need in order to lose or maintain weight on a "normal" person's caloric intake. It's just simple math.

I use FitDay with all honesty, and enter everything I eat, and it tells me that by sticking to low-calorie, wholesome foods and taking vitamin supplements, I can truly get all the nutrients I need for what some people may consider horrifyingly few calories...like 700 to 1200 a day.

I don't mind this, honestly. I thrive on the structure of a low-cal diet, and feel good when I'm following it. But I'm afraid that if I start coming here and posting teeny totals every day, I'll either start to worry some of you or set a bad example for others who may not have my physical issues. So I think what I'm gonna do is just keep a "diet diary" for my own use, and just chat in the other areas of the site.

Just didn't want anyone wondering where I'd disappeared to!

Last edited by callystia; 11-23-2006 at 07:37 AM.
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:36 PM   #138  

Callysta I'll be sorry to see you go but you need to do what you think is best for you. Best wishes!

Webweevil congrats on the loss

Wednesday: 2182 calories, 324 deficit, 1 hour walk
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:58 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 184/174.8/132

Height: 5' 4"

Callystia it must be hard when people try and tell you what you need for calories for your body. I'm sure they mean well, but it would get anoying if you had to explain everytime someone was worried about your calorie intake. Don't leave I still enjoy reading your posts!! What ever way your weight loss program works for you.

Way to go Webweevil!!

I can't believe Thanksgiving is here. I worked out this morning trying something new on the treadmill. Did interval training and then attempted an aerobic body sculpting class that kicked my !!

Today I only have 921 calories in; I just wasn't hungry til later in the day, but I still have time in the day. It is only 7p.m. now here. Yesturday I did a horrible 2200 calories in so maybe that is why I wasn't hungry today. It should even out by the end of the week.
loveandlaughalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 01:18 AM   #140  
Proud US Navy Wife

Today.. wow. I dont know how many calories I ate, and that's a first for me. Due to the fact that after my work we had to get the Black Friday ads up, that my lunch break had been at 4, and I didnt get home to eat (after walking to the grocery store to get some things to contribute to a thanksgiving dinner tomorrow) until 12:30.... um, yes. My plan of eating some of my spinich-feta bake went out the window, and I scarfed down probably 3 cups of chicken teriyaki, followed by some shredded cheese. =x. Probably not the end of the world, since I did my cardio today, and did a lot of walking between getting to and from work, working, and to and from the grocery store. Nor is it unbelievable, since I went such a long time without eating. Still, Im quite sad.

Cally - *hugs*

To everyone else *waves* Id make real replies to everyone but I'm exhausted, so I think I'll do another thing I swore never to do again and go to sleep not even an hour after eating. Or at least curl up and read. I think I'm actually glad Im opening on Black Friday instead of closing, if I think im drained now!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 04:34 AM   #141  

Height: 5'5"

Callystia, I understand that you have to do what is best for you, but I wish there was some way you could stay. Maybe instead of posting your daily calories, you could just report whether you were on target with your personal goal. Heck, post you lower calorie numbers! We now know that you are following a different plan, so anyone posting now will know what you are doing. I think most of us have heard or been told that you should not go below 1200 calories except under doctor supervision. I, for one, would be interested in hearing how your lower calorie consumption works for you.
webweevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 06:53 AM   #142  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by webweevil View Post
Callystia, I understand that you have to do what is best for you, but I wish there was some way you could stay. Maybe instead of posting your daily calories, you could just report whether you were on target with your personal goal.

Hmmm...I hadn't thought of that, but I think it might work! Thanks, Webweevil. And thank you to everyone else, too, for being so sweet. all around!
Old 11-23-2006, 01:32 PM   #143  

Yesterday's numbers....
Calories in - 1204
Calories out - 3711
Deficit - 2507
We walked around Mall of America for 4 hours (it's 2 miles - I checked) and I pushed the baby the whole time. I finally admitted to DH that I demanded to push because A. It burns more calories & B. I have this crazy notion that I can hide my hips behind the stroller *tee hee*
Then I did one hour on the elliptical and 25 high intensity minutes of circuit training. I choose to think of it as banking some calories for today. The theme of my Thankgiving dinner is "Butter - A Lifelong Love Affair"
Old 11-23-2006, 04:51 PM   #144  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

yesterday 2132
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:57 PM   #145  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Right on target today!

Happy Thanksgiving, ladies.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:17 AM   #146  

Height: 5'5"

I took Thanksgiving Day off from dieting to enjoy lots of mashed potatoes and rolls. I don't think I ate enough to have gained any weight, but I know I went over 2000 calories. I've gotten used to eating lots of mini-meals, so sitting down to eat a large meal was different. I was over-stuffed! It had been so long that I'd forgotten that uncomfortable stuffed feeling. Anyway, today was back to the grind with calories undercontrol.

Good going callystia
webweevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 12:22 PM   #147  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Fitday says 2897, I'm going to round up to 3000 because I am sure there is something I forgot or under estimated. Plus the hostess is the type of cook that will add butter to things you wouldnt think would have butter. She is the opposite of "modifying a recipe for lower fat"

I was giving myself a free day for T-day because I think depriving myself on t-day always backfires. But 3K is good, that still is a slight deficit for the day. (God bless nursing!)

The challenge today will be...rather than divvy up the leftovers late last night the decision was to just get together again tonight and have ANOTHER t-day. This time I am going to restrict myself...I dont even like most t-day leftovers. The big temptors are the pie and my friend's dinner rolls.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 01:22 PM   #148  

I came in at about 4200 calories for the day & I am actually cool with that!
I decided one free day wasn't going to undo 7 months of hard work & healthy eating. Just to be on the safe side, I sent the pies home with the lovely man who brought them The scale says 167-168 today but I am not freaking out for once in my life. I'm even looking forward to working out this afternoon.

I have to admit it - a few times yesterday as I ate something, I did the math in my head to figure out how many elliptical minutes this was costing me.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:23 PM   #149  
Is too long. I sum up.

S/C/G: 240/229.5/140?

Height: 5'6"

I think I was about 3800 calories yesterday. That's my best guess estimate. It might be an ooch high. And I know for certain that I didn't eat the way I have in the past at Thanksgiving. I would be terrified to figure out what I used to eat that day!
Eiluj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 11:33 PM   #150  

Hi everyone!

I had a nice thanksgiving. My plan of filling up on turkey and avoiding the other bad stuff didn't work when my brother made a 4 pound bone in turkey for 7 people. So I ended up with only a thin sliver of turkey.

Thursday: 2443 calories, 63 deficit, 1/2 hour walk
Friday: 1570 calories, 936 deficit, 1 hour walk
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote