Old 01-01-2006, 08:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Calorie Counters KISS

KISS ... keep it simple, right?
It's calories in vs calories out, right?
For one week I'm going to make sure my calories eaten are less than my calories burned. I use fitday but any old counter would work if you'd like to join me.
Maybe next week I'll try for a certain number of deficit calories but just for this week ..... eat less and move more.

Is anyone with me? We can report back each day and see how we did. Cheer each other on.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 01:25 PM   #2  

Susan,
I'm with you! I have already sighned up with fitday but it has been sooo long ago and I have to find my log-in info to get started again. So for now I will just post what I am eating and my workouts. Everything will get back to normal on Tuesday....My DD will be back at school and I will be back to work, so thats when I will start for real. To get myself in the mood I will post what I eat today and tomorrow anyway. May not be calorie friendly though.
TJ
gardenwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 02:41 PM   #3  
Movin on down the scale

I can do this also, I use a different diet program to track cals, but it shows me the deficit also...sooo wooohooo, im in.
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 06:01 PM   #4  
I'm a good girl, I am!

Joined the Fitday......how in the heck did you get your page up there..to say my fit day?..I've looked and Can't figure it out.......

I think it's good if people can see it........then if I don't lose then maybe someone can point out what I'm eating that's wrong...........

Last edited by fat&sassycat; 01-01-2006 at 06:07 PM.
fat&sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:30 AM   #5  

You figured it out Sassycat! Usually the directions for that sort of thing are in the top section of the main board, somewhere like ' frequently asked questions'

Well, we've got a nice little group gathered here! Very good.

How's everyone?

I'm pretty happy with yesterday. I had a deficit of over 400 cals. Now mind all I did all day was sit here, watch TV and knit. Now all I have to do is keep going. I'm always plowing ahead trying to lose weight but this time I need to learn how to keep it off. In that vein, I'm really trying to find my basal need for a day. That means being even more anal about numbers than I usually am. But if it means that I can stay a decent weight for more than a couple of months it'll be worth it.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:15 AM   #6  
Movin on down the scale

I am doing great, I had a 474 cal deficit yesterday
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:15 PM   #7  
I'm a good girl, I am!

I had a 1300+ deficit.........is that bad?? is that too much?? i'm still checking out the forums.......i know that you should only look at losing between a pound and 2 pounds per week............i know that a certain caloric deficit makes one pound.............geesh...........it's been a while.....still checking out 'stuff'................

Last edited by fat&sassycat; 01-02-2006 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:26 PM   #8  

Sassycat? can I have a look at your fitday? Will you mind if I make some suggestions?
Old 01-02-2006, 05:35 PM   #9  
I'm a good girl, I am!

Susan any suggestions will be welcomed........I noticed that i made a mistake and corrected it for yesterday.........and a friend told me that I had my Lifestyle calories too high........still learning............any help will be appreciated...........i put up my 'log' so people would help.........thanks
Old 01-02-2006, 06:09 PM   #10  

I agree with the friend. I set mine at sedentary and put in anything I do 'on purpose' that is otherwise. It may give you a number that seems too low but you'll lose weight. And you're right about learn as you go. If day after day after day, your calories burned is 2500, you'll know you can just set it there and forget it. Ya know?

I love trail mix too! tsk tsk.
Fruit?
What are your percentages like? protein/carb/fat?
Old 01-02-2006, 06:11 PM   #11  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Your calories look pretty good - keep up the good work!!

I try to aim for my calories to break out to 40% carbs, 30% each of fat and protein. This is especially important when you are exercising...I wasn't getting enough protein before, I was tired and hungry but I didn't know why...

I love fitday for the pie charts and reports and so on. The one part I don't trust is the Basal calories burned part....IMO it's way off. According to Fitday I could eat like 3000 calories a day and maintain... I generally ignore that part when it comes to calories burned as far as if I have created a deficit for the day. I just count calories eaten minus activities...everyone is different but it works for me.
Another suggestion for Fitday - it's more work up front, but I find it helpful and more accurate to enter custom foods of stuff I eat frequently.

!!!!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 06:11 PM   #12  
Pound by Pound

Heya Ladies ... Have room for another counter??

When I first started I was simply writing everything down ... which seemed to be working pretty good - but when I found 3FC I also learned about Fitday so I decided to open an account. I started out pretty strong and I was really into researching my foods and logging my info - but then something happened ... can't really say for sure 'what' but I just stopped keeping track. Maybe b/c I'd platued?? *shrugs* I don't know ... the one thing I do know is that, that was THEN and this is NOW and I'm ready to go again!
I still have LOTS to learn about the ins and outs of counting cals ... But as I said I'm so ready - I've tried many plans before but counting cals (and MOVING MORE) has been the only thing that has worked for me.

Well, that's all I have for now ... be back later to check in - Can't wait to get to know each of you!
** Stacye ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 06:18 PM   #13  

Hi Stacye and welcome. There's always room for one more .... some more ... bring friends.

Gina, I'm going to agree with you again. Custom foods can be a pia but they always there when you need 'em. And not too difficult because you just copy the info off the label. I do find that it's much easier to use plain foods. A hunk of chicken, an apple, one grapefruit. Much easier than trying to find a pretty close recipe.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:21 PM   #14  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

We must be doing something right, girlfriend!!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 06:34 PM   #15  
I'm a good girl, I am!

this is my percentages today.......so i'll go and change to the least for lifestlye.........i really don't want to think that at the end of the week i 'should have' lost 3 lbs and i lost none

oh and i've already found that i've had to customize a few things..........who eats a cup of mashed potatoes?? geesh a 1/2 cup is too much

Average Calories
source grams cals %total
Total: 1376
Fat: 35 317 24%
Sat: 9 80 6%
Poly: 13 115 9%
Mono: 9 85 6%
Carbs: 176 627 47%
Fiber: 19 0 0%
Protein: 95 381 29%
Alcohol: 0 0 0