Old 09-17-2005, 12:44 PM   #16  

I never was able to eat tuna without miracle whip. It is just really fishy or something to me. I am not sure what it is. I just have never been able to do it.

But... I got heartburn from it the other day really bad!! So I am not sure I will be able to have it that often anyway.
TMunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 07:20 PM   #17  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Tracey, I just read you post because I count calories too. You ae doing great. I know we are always in a hurry to see results, but it took time to put on and it will take time to get off. So in the mean time, just think about how much healthier you are getting! If you continue to do what you're doing you will loose the weight.

Can I make one suggestion? Seems like, from reading your posts, you haven't cleaned your kitchen yet! I mean gotten rid of all the stuff that you shouldn't have and added the good stuff! Like low fat or fat free mayo/miracle whip. I know I had a hard time getting down to skim milk too, but now the regular tastes like cream! YUCK! and do you like flavored coffee? There is a bottle flavoring "divinvhi'" or something like that. They make different flavors, from chocolate to french vanilla to rasberry. I bought mine at TJ Maxx but i've seen it other places too. 0 calories.
The next time you go shopping look around the grocery store. Think health!
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 01:18 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me
Hi Tracey, I just read you post because I count calories too. You ae doing great. I know we are always in a hurry to see results, but it took time to put on and it will take time to get off. So in the mean time, just think about how much healthier you are getting! If you continue to do what you're doing you will loose the weight.
Thanks for the uplift! Sometimes that is just the kick needed to get your thoughts flowing 100% positive again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me
Can I make one suggestion? Seems like, from reading your posts, you haven't cleaned your kitchen yet! I mean gotten rid of all the stuff that you shouldn't have and added the good stuff! Like low fat or fat free mayo/miracle whip. I know I had a hard time getting down to skim milk too, but now the regular tastes like cream! YUCK! and do you like flavored coffee? There is a bottle flavoring "divinvhi'" or something like that. They make different flavors, from chocolate to french vanilla to rasberry. I bought mine at TJ Maxx but i've seen it other places too. 0 calories.
The next time you go shopping look around the grocery store. Think health!
Lol, I had to laugh when I started reading this.

I hardly ever eat maricle whip or anything like that anymore. But tuna sounded good and that is what was left. It is all gone... there was 1 tbs. left of it and that was it.

Most of the un-healthy foods are gone already. No more chips... except for pretzels for the kids (bought in a regular chip bag and re-packaged in zip locks for individual serving sizes) snacks, and I do have the fat free pop corn here.

My hubby will never go less then 2% on the milk. We did that before and NO ONE not even the kids used it. It went to the trash. But we really don't use milk except for cereals anymore anyway though. The drink it sometimes but that is about it.

I am not personally a flavored coffee drinker. I just like plain old columbian. I have tried flavored coffees because my hubby likes them sometimes but I couldn't stand it! The smell of them make me blah lol.

Thanks for all of the info. though! I am sure I will be able to put it to use as I get more healthier and get healthier choices instilled into my families taste buds.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:18 AM   #19  

I walk for exercise and I lift hand weights. I'm a calorie counter too, with the emphasis on "healthy calories". Cleaning up my kitchen was a chour because i kept saying "it's for the kids". Well, it wasn't them that eat it, it was me. How we can kids ourselves. I finally got serious and realized that the "kids" didn't need it either. I was buying it for myself. I just like regular coffee most of the time too, but sometimes in the evening I will have a flavored one. Kind of like a dessert.

I've come to realize that it's going to take time to lose the weight, but I don't have to like it!

Keep up the good work, Freda
Old 09-18-2005, 11:04 AM   #20  

Freda,

I agree, completely! But, the pretzels are really for the kids lol. I can't chew them lol. But I do understand and agree with what you are saying.

Right! About the time it is going to take to lose the weight! It really seems like it takes a lot longer to lose it then it did to gain it!
Old 09-19-2005, 11:18 AM   #21  

Takes longer to lose than to gain!! You are soooo right. I can gain so easily, but it's a struggle every day to lose.

Pretzles are ok, actually anything is as long as you calculate it into your daily calories. But I try to eat heathier. I try to remind myself that I am putting fuel into my tank. Put crappy fuel in you get crappy preformance. A car will run so long on bad fuel, it will sputter around and stop. Same with our bodies.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:15 PM   #22  

I totally agree! I try to tell my family about how cheap gas makes your car run terribly and how bad foods are bad choices... and they don't listen to me about either one lol. One day they will learn... by my example!
Old 09-20-2005, 08:50 AM   #23  

You are setting a good example for your kids. We eat what we learn to eat at home. If you give them good choices they will learn to eat that way. Kids watch us. If we think it's a treat, that's what we teach them. Enjoying the good foods teaching them that they are good. If we offer then ice cream for a treat they start to realize that as a comfort food. A big, juicy peach is just as good. If we offer than as a treat they learn that is a comfort food.

My granddaughter is 2. I keep the bottom of the refrigerator stocked so she can get thigns for herself. Her treats are single containers of applesauce and yogurt.She gets to pick which ones she wants. They make applesauce in lots of different flavors now. Hopefully she won't grow up with the weight issues her grandma has.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:13 AM   #24  

slim me,

I love those individual packages of things for the kids!!! I would touch the different flavors of applesauce myself lol, but my kids sure do love them! You are right though... they learn to eat what they watch others eat! So hopefully I will lead a good example! Heck we had spinach last night and I ate it (for the first time!) without fuss thinking they would eat it.. they ate some... but not much... but I hope they will eat more (in salads) later again.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:29 PM   #25  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I eat frozen lunches every day at work...(not on weekends, tho) I like them because they are easy to toss in the lunch box every morning. I never have the urge to go out for lunch anymore. I buy whichever is on sale - my only rule is that they must be 300 calories or less (and taste good). I usually also bring a small salad, a diet soda and a piece of fruit...I'm lazy - too lazy to make a sandwich in the morning - and I like something hot for some reason. Why would you think they were bad for you? Just curious...
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 06:39 PM   #26  

Those frozen entrées are full of sodium, this is why they are not really that good for you and should be only used in a pinch...IMHO
3fcuser1058250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 07:01 PM   #27  

I am totally lost Gina lol. I must have been off of here for awhile because I am confused lol.

~*~*~*~*~

Ilene, I noticed that too. I eat Healthy Choice for lunch often because I normally don't eat lunch and that is easy. I am going to look for other meals like that though to see what else is available like that. I do find them easier to eat then anything else sometimes though.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:46 AM   #28  

I eat a lot of the frozen dinner also. Lean cusisine, healthy choice, WW. I buy what's one sale. Those with a salad, fruit make a pretty good lunch. I usually take them to work. I don't always have time to go down to the cafateria and when I do sometimes their choices aren't great either. wouldn't you think a hospital would offer healthy choices? They do have excellent salads, though, and I do get those. But I do take my own salad dressings. Most people don't have a problem with na. And yes, most prepackaged food does have too much, but if your health is good otherwise it shouldn't be a problem. Even high blood pressure isn't a problem for MOST people. Some are na sensetive. And they are making some things a little better also. cambels soup offer a low na choice now. the only soda I know that doesn't have na is diet right. I like it better anyway. I love all the flavors, especially the tangerine and white grape.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:52 PM   #29  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMunday
I have been eating Healthy Choice meals for lunch. How do you feel about these? I didn't have one today. I used to think they were very bad for you. But I have been buying them because they have had a great sale on them at the store for awhile now. But I am wondering what others felt about those?
It just took me a while to reply...
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 08:26 PM   #30  

Hi guys! This is my first time on here and I've decided to count calories. I have tried everything from Atkins, South Beach, Mayo Clinic, Grapefruit, just to name a few for th epast four years. Now Im tired of the yo-yo dietng and ready for a lifestyle change. I'm supposed to get between 1200-1400 calories a day. But I was wondering. Should I keep count of my sugar intake as well?What exactly should be counted? Im a little confused.
girl4christ is offline   Reply With Quote