Old 07-25-2020, 09:53 AM   #76  

Sat
Eggs with cole slaw mix, coffee, lightener

Plan
Turkey burger with cheese, Anjou pear
Broccoli
Salad with HB egg, vinaigrette

A visit to the Apple store to trouble shoot my my phone after updating to the new operating system, and a glitch with new laptop means I need to postpone fluid intake til afternoon.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 09:03 AM   #77  

My diet is improving slowly. The less I go to the store, the better. I fell into a habit of impulse buying in the grocery store--whatever indulgence happened to be in my line of sight. The visual cues will always be there. I need to have a counter argument for the rationalizations that lead me to buy them.

I am going to try a cauli crust pizza, with tomato, basil from my garden, mozzarella if I can single serving
Old 07-28-2020, 10:26 AM   #78  
Believe

S/C/G: 255

Height: 5'3"

Good morning, I find that is the same for me. 'The less I go to the store the better.' I find when I shop more I too have a habit of impulse buying. Until I saw it written, I thought why am I eating unhealthy. The Cauli crust pizza sounds yummy.
I decided to rejoin as I stepped on the scale after a very long time and the number made me realize I need to start working on a healthier way of eating. I find with Covid happening, I don't want to leave the house and my husband has been baking yummy deserts. I have gained quite a bit of weight. I hope your day is wonderful.
Ann
AnnC123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 12:11 AM   #79  

Hi Annc123 and Welcome back!
Please excuse the belated reply! Omg you have your extra challenge there, right in your home. All I have to do is avoid the store. I've been struggling to get back on track, too.

Every day starts out strong, but I'm having difficulty maintaining my resolve. I had success two days ago, and the last 2 days started out strong, but fell apart. Yesterday was at a friends (distanced) meet up. Today, I walked in to the supermarket and right in my line of sight was a prepared chicken teryaki plate. this is something I like but they are usually sold out. it's nothing i should be buying, but the minute I get a whiff of scarcity for an item I like, I tend to buy it no matter what, once it's available. I have to add this dynamic to my list of red flag excuses. The chicken itself wouldn't be so bad, however it is on a bed of sticky rice. I am never tempted by rice, except for this one product. It's the exact opposite of what works for me to stay on track and lose the tummy.

Meanwhile, my strategy for the store is to be very goal-oriented and avoid meandering. Avoid even looking in the direction of temping things, and do a lot of self-talk, reminding myself of my goals. If I am feeling in need of a treat it can be difficult to talk myself down. Delayed gratification with food is not my strong suit. Maybe it is a muscle to exercise, in which case the challenge might be fun. I find with the stay-home lifestyle, I'm willing to be more curious about my eating behavior. I think this might help with behavioral changes. Also structuring my days more will help. If I'm busy, I don't think about food.

Today
McDonalds eggs and sausage, coffee with lightener
Salad with kidney beans, veggies, vinaigrette; protein mashed potato packet (trying to eat these up, finally)
Teriyaki chicken with sauce, 1/3 of the rather large portion of sticky rice

All of this before noon, then coffee, protein shake. I will have a small sweet potato before bedtime.

Last edited by Sundove; 08-08-2020 at 02:21 AM.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:05 PM   #80  

Saturday
It feels good to be back on track and checking in.
B Egg bake with broccoli and parmesan cheese. Coffee with lightener
L protein packet mashed potatos, mixed vegs
D will be turkey burger/cheese, small sweet potato, salad with vinaigrette
S I made a Moroccan chicken stew and ate some asa snack, and also ate some chicken pieces with mayo.

Last edited by Sundove; 08-09-2020 at 11:16 PM.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:20 PM   #81  

Sunday
Eggs, broccoli, parmesan cheese, coffee with lightener, 2 cups. I felt hungry
Lunchtime: A large serving of sliced steak from Costco and small bag of popcorn, coffee with lightener.
I'm not hungry, and will try going to bed without eating more, and see how that goes. I have the idea in my head that I won't sleep well if I don't eat something before bedtime. This will be a chance to check that out. EDIT I got up and snacked on chicken stew.

Last edited by Sundove; 08-10-2020 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:04 AM   #82  

Monday

I stepped on the scale today, after breakfast. Weigh is up from my recent low, but not nearly as much as I'd feared.

Eggs, broccoli, cheese, coffee/lightener-2 cups

Hike planned with a friend.

Last edited by Sundove; 08-10-2020 at 10:23 AM.
Old 08-21-2020, 09:18 AM   #83  

Eating has been pretty far off plan. My home sale just closed. Now I have no distractions or stressors to distract me from reclaiming my healthy woe. I'm sluggish this morning and I know that will improve almost instantly with a day of healthy eating. I have a pending celebratory dinner of takeout Indian in my friend's backyard that is postponed until it's less smoky outside. I am still subject to eating whatever pops into my line of sight when I am in the store, which is frequently. I am hoping that as I unwind from the real estate project, I will rediscover my discipline around food.

Highlight for today is dental appointment, and the delight of shredding years of documents related to sold home. Coming up is more deferred health maintenance, and packing again! this time for possible fire evacuation. I foolishly gave away my tent, so may have to invest in another.

Plan for the day
X Eggs/veggies, coffee lightener
Old 09-09-2020, 06:50 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Sundove: just checking on you
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 11:56 AM   #85  

IPN, thanks for checking. All is well under an orange sky. I live along the shore of SF bay inlet so the air is not quite so dry as in the super fire-prone areas. I hope all is well with you. I'm afraid we are in for a bad fire season, once So Cal starts up.
Old 09-10-2020, 12:06 PM   #86  

Still working my way back to weight loss mode. The less I am in the stores, the easier it is. I may resort to posting signs in my home to remind me of my goal to lose weight. There is such a disconnect between my self-talk around this topic and my actions. I have done ok with avoiding sugar and flour. Now I will tighten up the boundaries to eliminate breaded things, store-bought salad dressing, and barbecue sauce. Nuts and cheese are also off limits except for the sprinkle parmesan cheese and Velveeta slices that I enjoy on a turkey burger.
I'm keeping fruit, starchy vegetables like sweet potatos, corn, potatoes, but no butter.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:18 PM   #87  

Today went well.
B eggs and vegs, coffee & lightener
L protein mashed potatoes, green salad with vinaigrette
D tofu yuba roll ups. filled with evoo, lettuce, julienned carrots, cucumber slices
S coffee & lightener, steamed cauli, Fuji apple
Old 09-12-2020, 07:56 AM   #88  

Yesterday went well, although a little less structured.
B eggs, tomatos, with canned chopped tomatoes, onion, velveeta cheese; coffee lightener
L grilled chicken breast marinated in coco amino, evoo, garlic powder, rosemary; fresh Roma tomato
D green salad with HB eggs, kidney beans, Italian vinaigrette
S steamed cauliflower, apple, coffee/lightener

I feel more solid now, with the constant appetite now gone. It's clear that store-prepared foods are appetite-stimulating rather than satisfying, for me. I am staying out of the stores lately, because of the poor air quality. I am able t osee how much easier it is to stay on track this way.
Old 09-13-2020, 08:26 AM   #89  

Sunday
Yesterday was mixed. I went to the store and reverted to prepared spareribs and avocado rolls. I rinsed the sauce off, and the rolls are basically salad with no dressing, once I peeled away most of the thin wrap. But it was too much food--I felt stuffed afterward. I will be writing reminders to stick in my car to help me stay focused.
The rest of the day was okay. I do need to find some better entertainment than food during this period when smoky air prevents going outdoors.
Food yesterday
B Coffee/lightener, protein potato packets
L Ribs and sushi avocado rolls
D Salad with HB eggs, kidney beans
S apple, coffee, lightener, egg/broccoli bake

Old 09-13-2020, 03:33 PM   #90  

Sunday, contd
coffee with lightener. A couple of hours later I was hungry, so had eggs baked with broccoli and onion, a sprinkle of parmesan on top. An hour later I was ravenous. Good sign that I am not stuffing myself. I gave in and ate lunch about 930am, a large grilled chicken breast that had been marinated in occo aminos, evoo, rosemary, garlic powder, accompanied by sliced Roma tomato.

lunchtime a big bowl of frozen mixed vegetables with a little Ranch dressing (no sugar, last of the prepared dressings). Nice and filling, with just enough carbs to keep me from low cab dry eyes and insomnia.

I went for a car wash to wash away the layer of ash. I read that it is alkaline and can be corrosive to metals, as on cars. It's sad to imagine what and where this ash used to be. I was going to stop by the store to replenish veggies, but I know myself too well. I went straight home. Yay me!