Default 2020 Sundove Log

Eggs, broccoli, grated cheese, coffee
(Planned) slice of birthday cake
Ground Turkey in marinara sauce, parmesan cheese

1.4 miles
water about 1L

Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 10:07 PM   #2  

Weight was up only 1lb this morning, for a 10.2 net loss. Onward!

Today was gray and cold with showers. Not your typical N. Calif day in May. My ambition for exercise fizzled out. Food was pretty good.
Late breakfast of 2 eggs with broccoli and a little cheese; coffee/ lightener.
Lunch cold chicken breast that I had marinated in evoo, coco aminos, fresh rosemary, garlic powder, navel orange
Dinner Butternut squash spirals, with canned chopped tomato and grated parmesan, big green salad with crunchy vegs and my favorite dressing: 7 Seas package mix, still good after all these yrs.

Maybe a tiny bit of yogurt later on.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:50 AM   #3  

Weight is down -2.4 (-12.8)
Today should dry with some sun. I have a pair of woodpeckers visiting my bird feeder. They have been clinging to the screen door, probably grabbing little spiders in the shingled siding to feed their chicks. It’s fun to see them so close, with a view of their underside. They are such beautiful birds. Time to get into my day, a nap is in the plans for later on.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:28 PM   #4  

Another drizzly day in May.
Breakfast of eggs, salsa, cheese, coffee/lightener
Lunch HB eggs in coleslaw with my 2nd fave dressing of ketchup & mayo., coffee/lightener
Dinner will be a green salad, fake garlic mashed potatoes with mixed veggies. I love using up my accumulated protein packets. They are actually tasty!

Last edited by Sundove; 05-14-2020 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-15-2020, 04:47 PM   #5  

Weight ticked up 1.2 lbs. The mayonnaise will do it every time, haha. The packet on my cole slaw led to another packet on a HB egg. It turns out my recently adopted 19 yr old cat loves mayo as well. Today is my birthday and I will have a Rib Eye steak delivered. I could pick it up, but decided to indulge, and give some business to the DineIn drivers. Sad to see how much the restaurants are hurting. It was hard to choose which one for my birthday meal.

Today
Eggs with canned chopped tomatoes and cheese, coffee & lightener, eaten late
Will hold out for the steak dinner; I can eat up my salad makings if I need a snack. Steak is doubly justified since I am donating blood at a blood drive on Sunday. Lots of bday phone calls today so exercise hasn't happened. The day is still young.
Old 05-16-2020, 10:59 AM   #6  

Yesterday was a good day. I enjoyed my birthday meal of ribeye steak, fresh steamed veggies, 1/2 of the steak fries, 1/2 of birthday cupcake, some of the bread and butter. Dessert of 2 sugar free hard candies. Later on a chicken breast.

Not surprisingly, I am not hungry at all this morning. I skipped weighing. It will be up for a few days. Today is paperwork day. Rain is coming again. I may haul out my SAD light. My productivity and outlook fluctuate with the amount of sunshine and it is more pronounced as I get older.

Eggs, canned chopped tomatoes, cheese, coffee/lightener
Chicken breast marinated in evoo, coco aminos, rosemary, garlic
frozen mixed vegs

Taxes finally done. It took all day, hence no exercise. I could not organize myself until now. What a relief. Silver lining to virus is the filing extension. A lot of emotion connected to 2019. No wonder I had a hard time reliving it via the documents.

Last edited by Sundove; 05-17-2020 at 12:08 AM.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Sundove! How are you? How’s retirement?
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 12:11 AM   #8  

Heyyyy IPN! Good to see you though I wish you could stay Retirement is all that it’s cracked up to be! Love love love it! How are you doing? I hope all is well in these unusual times.
Old 05-17-2020, 03:16 PM   #9  

Default Sunday May 17

I jumped on the scale and it is up a little over a pound, as expected from Friday's bday indulgence. Today I got up early and drove in the rain to blood drive a little over an hour away. They need my blood type, so I am legitimately crossing the county line, esp. as the drives near me are full, a good thing). I haven't donated in years. I stopped because it just sapped my energy. Working as a RN and being a runner made it difficult. Hopefully whatever fatigue I have will pass quickly.

With that in mind, I ate a hearty breakfast of McDonalds sausage burrito, coffee/lightener. After the donation, I had orange juice, 2 mozzarella stick, a few apple slices and a bite of a cookie. In the car, I ate my salty protein chips instead of the regular carby ones that were offered. I got in a little walk, and back home to sunshine.
Old 05-17-2020, 07:11 PM   #10  

Continuing, the day feels a little random. A protein bar that was in my purse was eaten, as well as a big carrot.

For dinner, I’ll have turkey marinara without the pasta, maybe some canned spinach from my stash. Time to shop for fresh produce. EDIT This was so good, with the added spinach and a little parmesan.

It’s nice to be in a supermarket with lots of (masked) people. It feels almost normal

Last edited by Sundove; 05-17-2020 at 11:53 PM.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:16 AM   #11  

Monday
Weight is up .2 from last week's low
A busy week of packing and real estate chores, searching for a temporary place to call home. After today the weather should be sunny, and that will help a lot. I ate a second serving of dinner later in the evening. I fed my cat some mayonnaise and did not have any myself, yay me.

Plan for today
Egg scramble with canned spinach and a little grated cheese, coffee, lightener
Cole slaw with HB eggs, evoo dressing instead of the kryptonite mayo
Something light in the evening, either a protein packet of mashed potatoes, or yogurt.
Snacks will be sweet navel orange, carrot, and maybe another coffee.

Other goals are 2 L water; some stretching and maybe pilates/wts. I'm going easy with walking today due to the weather and blood donation yesterday.

Last edited by Sundove; 05-18-2020 at 08:42 AM.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:59 PM   #12  

Lunch came a little soon after breakfast. My new salad dressing discovery needs it’s own post. I find salad dressings to be triggers to serious overeating. They often are loaded with sugar, or have mayo, at least the ones I like. So I generally avoid them. But I love cole slaw. Really, a little evoo and chopped egg are fine. But I tried Bolthouse Farms Salsa Ranch Yogurt dressing. It was so good! 45 cals, 3 carbs/ 2 TBS. I used to love Kinder Salsa Ranch dressing but can no longer find it. I am happy, because cole slaw is one of my mainstays.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:29 AM   #13  

Default Tuesday May 19

Wt is down .2 for grand total of -13 since several weeks ago when I began. Happy dance!

Plan for the (busy) day
Eggs, spinach, cheese, coffee/lightener (lightened with a combo of 100 cal Muscle milk and Oat Planet extra creamy oat milk).
Cole Slaw with 3-4 medium HB eggs & Bolthouse Farms Fiesta Ranch dressing
Protein packet, sour cream mashed potato flavor and a veg, maybe broccoli.
Snacks carrot and navel orange. I keep buying yogurt but I don't feel like eating it these days.

Goals are mainly water, exercise will probably be getting the errands and household chores done.

Last edited by Sundove; 05-19-2020 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:32 PM   #14  

So far so good. The evening is young and I will not be complacent. The morning’s warm sunshine gave way to a chilly afternoon. I spent it dismantling my bird feeders. I think that has me in a sad frame of mind.

Meals were as planned, except dinner. A yummy broiled marinated chicken breast, seasoned frozen broccoli, navel orange.
The chicken marinade is so simple and I love it. Evoo, coco aminos or balsamic vinegar, fresh rosemary, garlic powder.

Water intake-check. I walked a bit, but the main exercise was from cleaning. Upper body consisted of scrubbing my balcony railings. I accomplished a lot of tasks today, not the least of which was mailing off my tax info to my tax guy. Some pampering might cheer me up, maybe a nice hot shower.

Last edited by Sundove; 05-19-2020 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:09 AM   #15  

Wednesday May 20

Up early thanks to my feline alarm clock, who may still be on Minnesota time.
Today
eggs, spinach, cheese, coffee, lightener
steak burrito, discarded most of the rice, beans, wrap

I’m excited about warm weather forecast

Last edited by Sundove; 05-20-2020 at 03:17 PM.