Old 03-27-2016, 08:16 AM   #1  

Default Teenage weight loss?

Hi everyone,

I'm a 16 year old female, I weigh 103.6 pounds and I'm 5'1. I would really like to lose about 3 pounds.

I exercise about 3-5 days a week, and I lift light weight around 3 times a week also. I know that teenagers need about 2000 calories daily to maintain, and I used a teenage calorie calculator that told me my maintanence calories daily
was 2100 calories.

I have tried to eat less than that using my fitness pal, but I'm not losing that much weight, and some days it seems like I'm not losing much at all.

I eat healthily most of the time, I exercise and I track my calories, yet I'm not losing fat. I just need some advice, thank you!

Last edited by rachelcoffee; 03-27-2016 at 08:36 AM.
rachelcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:31 PM   #2  

Anyone?
Old 03-28-2016, 12:44 PM   #3  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Losing even just three pounds from where you are right now would put you very close to the bottom end of a health weight range according to BMI. When you have very little to lose, weight loss can take a long time if you want to do it healthily. What is motivating you to want to lose those three pounds? Is it appearance? A number on the scale? Something else?
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 01:10 PM   #4  

My body is kind of muscular as well, so it's not the number on the scale that bothers me, it's my appearance. I have some extra fat on my thighs, my butt and on my hips. I know it's not a lot, but it really bothers me.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/174/155

Height: 5'6"

Rachel I think you should love your muscles and yourself, I was a very muscular girl at your age and I was 5ft6" in high school and 135lbs and was always striving for less and it put a real damper on my health at times. I always thought I was fat ,now my beautiful 16yr old daughter is the same height and weight I was and very muscular. I tell her how perfect her weight is for her height and so are yours,
merowi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/174/155

Height: 5'6"

Try not to be too obsessive Rachel be healthy
merowi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:15 PM   #7  

Thank you so much!
I actually like my muscles, it's just the extra fat that I have that bothers me. Isn't there anything else I can do to lose it?
Old 03-28-2016, 03:21 PM   #8  

Height: 5'2"

Rachel, no one but you can decide the weight you feel best at but maybe discussing the issue with your parents or doctor or some other professional at this stage of your life would be appropriate. If you are muscular, that's really a good thing. You are at a healthy weight and it sounds like you are a healthy eater and a sensible person. Honestly, three pounds just isn't going to change your appearance at all at the weight you are at.
Sage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:35 PM   #9  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

At your weight, I think that focusing on building muscle in those areas might give you the appearance you want, rather than trying to lose a minuscule amount of fat. Building muscle can't get rid of fat, but it changes how you look. What kind of exercise are you doing 3-5 days a week?

At the same time, I encourage you to focus on health over appearance. Sometimes it is hard to separate the two, but if you become focused on wanting your body to look a certain way, especially if it is simply unachievable for your body type, it can have a really negative affect on your mental health and sometimes lead you to take unhealthy actions. The younger you are when you learn to embrace your body, the healthier you will be in the long run, physically and mentally. Of course, that is much easier said than done!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:06 PM   #10  

My main exercise is running, but some days I alternate between walking and cycling as well.

As I've said before, my body is quite muscular, so I already have a lot of muscle in my legs and abs. The exta fat is just a thin layer over my muscles, which makes me look bigger!

Thank you all for your advice!
Old 04-14-2016, 12:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 110/108/99

Height: 4'11 (150 cm)

I'm 17 years old, 108 lbs and shooting for 99. (I'm 411/150cm) We're in a similar position!
Want to work together and exchange tips?
Jellyfish710 is offline   Reply With Quote