Old 06-09-2015, 09:52 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 237.4 / 228.6 / 140

Height: 5' 7''

MFP says I should eat 1,278 calories to lose 2lbs a week so I tend to aim for between 1,200 and 1,300 each day. An example of a typical day is:-

Breakfast - Yogurt (99 cals) and either a banana (90 cals) or a grapefruit (75 cals). I don't really like eating in the mornings so this is usually more than enough to see me through til lunch and often I'll have the fruit a little later in the morining.

Lunch - Pesto pasta with a whole chopped raw pepper (500 cals) or a salad sandwich on wholemeal bread with a small piece of cheese (240 cals). The lunch I have depends on whether I want to have more calories at lunch or at dinner.

Dinner - Egg white omelette with mushrooms, onions, broccoli and beans (320 calories) and 2 small hot dogs (200 calories) or a baked potato with beans, margarine, salad and quorn dippers (550-600 calories). Depending on how many calories I have left I might use some for a bit of grated cheese or something.

I'm not much of a meat eater so most of my calories come from veg or carbs. If I'm hungry during the day I'll snack on fruit or raw carrots (I love the way they crunch!). I might also have a 90 cal cereal bar if I've got a sweet craving, though I'm more of a savoury person.

I rarely drink calories as I'm not keen on fizzy drinks (though the occasional can of sugar free Irn Bru is nice!) and I take my coffee black. Sometimes I'll have a low calorie hot chocolate drink if I'm desperate for something sweet but they don't really taste right to me so it's wasted on me a bit. If I get to that stage I usually just to go bed
MaoMao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:51 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/190/150

Height: 5'5"

I am really appreciating these suggestions and examples, but I can't guess what MFP is (I'm new around here) - an app? A website?
rubato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 12:20 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 275/222/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubato View Post
I am really appreciating these suggestions and examples, but I can't guess what MFP is (I'm new around here) - an app? A website?
MFP stands for My Fitness Pal. It is an app and a website that allows you to log your food and exercise.
utgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:19 PM   #19  

Height: 5'0"

I eat 800-2,000 calories per day, with 1,000 plus non-starchy veg (which I don't count) being my average. A typical day:

1 egg, 3 T egg white, ezekiel bread, leftover grilled zucchini, 1/4 avocado (300ish)

2 cups homemade turkey breast chili (200ish)

Taco salad made with lots of lettuce, 1 T sour cream, 1 T shredded cheese, 2-3oz ground meat, 1/4 avocado, tomato, onion (400ish)

I snack on things like pickles, cucumbers, and steamed asparagus.

If I MUST have a hearty snack, I choose something satisfying and portion controlled, like Babybel cheese, string cheese, cottage cheese cup, or a 100 calorie pack of almonds.
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:06 PM   #20  
Nutritionally Obsessed

S/C/G: 130/118/under 120

Height: 5'5"

Loseit tells me to eat 1300. I'm usually closer to 1500 with an hour of cardio. I refuse to be hungry. You need to listen to your body. Today I ate 944. I'm not at all hungry. Yesterday, I was at 1300 and was still hungry. I use the 1300 as a guideline. 118-120 lbs at 5'5" and maintain, I don't lose, but that's fine.

Today
Breakfast- Premier Protein shake, 160 calories, 30 g protein
Worked out for an hour
Lunch- 1/4 lb Boars head low salt turkey, baby carrots
Snacks- 1/2 ounce pistachios, some raw brocolli and snap peas, a chocolate peanut butter Quest bar, some ice cream from Costco, like 1/5 of it
Dinner- I wasn't hungry. My husband made two packages of Yakitori chicken fried rice and couldn't finish it, so I had 1/2 of a package or less

I post on caloriecount as JenFZ09 but not consistently if you want an idea of what I eat

Last edited by JenFZ09; 07-22-2015 at 06:12 PM.
JenFZ09 is offline   Reply With Quote