Old 05-29-2015, 06:46 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 248?/173/130

Height: 5'8"

I tried Spark, Lose It, My Fitness pal and one other one, too, but there's so much to wade through and you can't count micros.

My Net Diary is so much better. You get DETAILED nutrition info. There is an Ask The Dietician section so you can get reliable answers to serious questions. There are plans and all kinds of extra things that you just don't get with Spark and Fitness Pal. On the Food Diary part, they put a little picture of your food next to the line it's on, which isn't necessary, but is cute.

It's more intuitive, too, which would be hard and take forever to explain, but it makes logging that food much easier.

It's not free, though. It's like $60 for a year. If you see a doctor or dietician, they can probably get you a discount. I got one. To me, all the extra stuff was worth paying for.

If you're counting calories, I highly recommend it.

Last edited by Stripes 237; 05-29-2015 at 06:51 AM.
Stripes 237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:48 AM   #32  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes 237 View Post
I tried Spark, Lose It, My Fitness pal and one other one, too, but there's so much to wade through and you can't count micros.

My Net Diary is so much better. You get DETAILED nutrition info. There is an Ask The Dietician section so you can get reliable answers to serious questions. There are plans and all kinds of extra things that you just don't get with Spark and Fitness Pal. On the Food Diary part, they put a little picture of your food next to the line it's on, which isn't necessary, but is cute.

It's more intuitive, too, which would be hard and take forever to explain, but it makes logging that food much easier.

It's not free, though. It's like $60 for a year. If you see a doctor or dietician, they can probably get you a discount. I got one. To me, all the extra stuff was worth paying for.

If you're counting calories, I highly recommend it.
I love it. Been using it for 5 years. It syncs with my withings scale and withings fitness gizmo too.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 05:19 PM   #33  
Homeschool Consultant

S/C/G: 335/273/150

Height: 5' 6"

I use the MFP app and enjoy it because the have a large database of gluten free food that I eat.
blue_meets_green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:02 AM   #34  

I use the Livestrong MyPlate app and love it. I often think about changing to MyFitnessPal because I've heard so many good things about it, but want to keep on with Livestrong because it's got all my data on it from so long ago! So will keep on trucking with that.
iamnotgemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:03 AM   #35  

Height: 5'2"

There is a free version of My Net Diary, which is the one I started with years ago. I now pay the $60 per year for My Net Diary Pro. Both are good.
Sage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:19 AM   #36  
Yoyo Master

S/C/G: 182/175/130

Height: 5'5"

I too have tried many. I used to use SparkPeople, and like it. I liked FitBit's quite a lot. Never got into MFP. Currently I'm using LoseIt and I'm enjoying the format and how it syncs to things I use. It's only been a week, so I'm still working on customizing a lot of my own foods.
Alright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 07:32 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 210/132/115

Height: 5'3"

I love Loseit. I wish there was a better way to guesstimate the calorie content of restaurant meals. Now that I'm on a diet, I can't really tell calorie content by my level of hunger.
Cyn gets thin is offline   Reply With Quote