Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 09:27 PM   #16  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Hiya Calgirls!!!

1688/1715

Sometimes I grab a few pringles to meet goal, but not today....and I really really like pringles .
For my bread addiction: Cheesy garlic biscuits

Hey Paisleymama!!!

Easily Amused I'm greedy , so 1715 is good for me right now, unless I stop losing weight. I sometimes feel that I still may be eating too little, not because I am hungry, but because my exercise regimen seems to require it here and there. I wish my body could talk, then we could have a conversation about what she needs, so I don't have to guess or make assumptions.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:18 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

1241 calories for yesterday. Right in my range Hopefully I can get back to exercising next week. Everyone looks like they're doing pretty good this week. Keep up the good work
Old 03-27-2014, 12:35 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 228/*ticker*/150

Down 1.4bs for this week. Not really pleased with myself, I can do better. Blaming those tortilla wraps I had for dinner for the last two days. I have been limiting carbs and haven't had them for dinner on a weekday in a while.

6.2lbs total for this month. Next month I will be kicking this into high gear or I'm not going to reach my goal. The annoying thing is if I didn't emotionally eat those 30lbs on in August and September last year, I would have been at goal now. I guess what's done is done but I am a little bitter about it

Yesterday's cals: 1151

NewKate2014 I hope all went well with the interview and you had a great time at the Opera. I haven't been before, either
Easily Amused & abbyin- Good job
MarliQQ - My carbs would come in the form of mashed potato. If it was smothered in butter I'd be even happier. No mash for me

Last edited by Paisleymama; 03-27-2014 at 12:36 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:51 PM   #19  
"Evolution Required"

Hi, Hi, Calgirls.

1753/1715

I am over, not by much, but I had to make estimations about food I usually don't eat. I hate when I have to do that....On a better note, since I have been taking a break from strength training and doing pure cardio, my scale has been cooperating with smaller than usual fluctuations, and nice decreases. Does the morale good .

Paisleymama I love mashed potatoes--but done right . Spaghetti and garlic bread tonight??-- and if that isn't carb heaven, I don't know what is, . We'll see how much patience I have for cooking tonight--my sister says she can always tell when I don't put love in the food, like Momma does . She is usually given one of two responses: "Don't eat it!!" or if I'm feeling snarky, I take the plate, tell the plate--"I love you", and then give it back to her.....
Old 03-27-2014, 04:50 PM   #20  

Height: 5'7''

Hey all :-)
Job interview went well, and the opera was...not for me!!
Just a quick one tonight, busy busy as usual.
1167/1200 for calories today.
Glad to hear of all of your success! I'll report properly over the weekend!!

Tomorrow's challenge: baking in school with the kids... Mustn't eat the chocolate!!
Old 03-27-2014, 08:28 PM   #21  

Hi, everyone! I'm a calorie counter, but for various reasons I decided to up my calorie intake from 1,200/day to 1,600/day. I was never successful more than a couple of days in a row on 1,200/day, but wouldn't you know it, the week I bump it up I netted 1,278 on Monday, 776 on Tuesday, 1,020 on Wednesday, and so far only 472 for today but I haven't eaten dinner yet (my dinner will not be more than 600 calories, though!)

It's spring break week here so I have been working out a lot...two-a-days and it's a really intense workout, so lots of calories burned. I may bump my calorie limit down to 1,500 next week, but I won't have time to workout as much (I still workout every day, just not twice a day!)

So far this week I'm down 3 or 4 lbs...I can't quite remember where I started the week but I know where I'm at now!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:12 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

1651/1250 for yesterday. I was a little high but I'm not going to worry about it. Onward and upwards Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 03-28-2014, 12:54 PM   #23  
"Evolution Required"

Hey Calgirls!

1683/1715

No spaghetti yesterday, but for my bread addiction . It wasn't pineapple pizza like I luvs , but we managed to agree on chicken/spinach. I try not to veto too many house decisions...helps keep sanity.
I weighed in this morning and saw no bump from the sodium--which is always a good thing--I actually lost. I am so excited to see these new recent lows, you guys have no idea . And based on patterns there should be more to lose tomorrow .

Easily Amused You may just be doing everything right, sometimes it just takes patience. Trust me, I have tested that theory. I used to think I always was doing something wrong when the scale didn't budge, but with perseverence, I have discovered that such is not always the case. If you are lifter, that def masks weight loss--I am proof of that right now .

NewKate2014 What sort of opera did you attend??
Old 03-28-2014, 07:33 PM   #24  

Just had dinner and I'm at 1252/1600 calories for the day, but I had white rice with lunch (last night's leftovers) and pasta in my dinner tonight...carb overload! That was bad planning on my part.

I still have 4ish hours of awake time, so not sure if I'm done eating for the day.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:33 AM   #25  

Height: 5'7"

Wow, lots of new cal counters here! Great!

Paisley, six pounds in a month is really good. After my first two months I noticed I lost four each month. I would go two weeks with no loss and then suddenly be down 3, then up then down but on average it was four a month.

NewKate, hope you get the job, if you want it!

I'm still trying to figure out my maintenance level. Originally I was going to start at 2100 but the people on the maintenance thread said I should just increase 100 or so a week. I haven't done a great job of it and I was 6 under my goal earlier this week. Today I was up a pound so one under five now, which is fine, I still wear a 8/10! But I can see it will take time to figure it out and it's not like I want to think of every calorie forever. But I am really focusing on maintaining, with even more obsessiveness than when I was losing. I've been reading everything I can find on people who have successfully maintained because that is really my goal. Honestly the losing wasn't that bad because once I started I was feeling so good. But what is awful is gaining. I've done that many times. I suppose I enjoy the eating cr** but then I feel so bad! and can't fit into anything, etc. so WHY do I do it? No idea!

Last edited by CalCounter1003; 03-29-2014 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:26 PM   #26  
"Evolution Required"

Hey, Hey Calgirls!

1705-1715

Miserably raining here, but I still walked the pup and he loved it--despite looking like a wet sewer rat when we came home. I hope everyone is going to be having a great day!

Easily Amused If the scale told you that you weighed 300lbs, but you could fit into a size 6?? I think about those inches too . I am getting close to my start of the month measure-in--I already had a preview almost two weeks ago--so I am excited .
Old 03-29-2014, 02:23 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarliQQ View Post
Easily Amused You may just be doing everything right, sometimes it just takes patience. Trust me, I have tested that theory. I used to think I always was doing something wrong when the scale didn't budge, but with perseverence, I have discovered that such is not always the case. If you are lifter, that def masks weight loss--I am proof of that right now .
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarliQQ View Post
Easily Amused If the scale told you that you weighed 300lbs, but you could fit into a size 6?? I think about those inches too .
Easily Amused I agree with these two!! Sometimes the scale lies. Okay, it doesn't lie, but it doesn't reflect everything that is going on with ourselves. I do weigh myself every day, but I have learned not to let that number control me. It sounds like you are doing amazing!!!
Old 03-29-2014, 04:36 PM   #28  

Hey all, Happy Saturday!
I'm just over 1200 for the day and I burnt 685kcal hiking today, 5.5 miles through the woods :-) so hopefully the scales will be a little bit lower tomorrow.
I need to lose another 0.6lbs to meet my March target of 6lbs overall.
So glad it's the weekend - I really needed some down time!!

calcounter1003 maintenance sounds so tricky!
Old 03-30-2014, 02:18 PM   #29  

So I did it! 6lbs gone in March :-) gone for good!!
Feeing good, one more week of work before the 2 week Easter break.
1181/1200 calorie-wise today.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:39 PM   #30  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Whell. I'm disappointed. After a perfect 114 day stretch of calorie counting, I got waylaid by a headcold. I gave myself 1200 cals for TW&R but, those are just wild estimates. I haven't felt like eating much, but I've been drinking lots of milk, for unknown reason. 4 glasses yesterday pushed the calories up to 1579 . Ugh.
Closed Thread