3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Daily check in: were you under your calories today?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/290902-daily-check-were-you-under-your-calories-today.html)

paulimapi 02-03-2014 11:05 AM

I keep screwing up on the weekends. I'll stick to my goal during the week and go to gym and everything, and then end up eating like a pig on the weekend, which leaves me so guilty and bloated on Monday when I start eating right again.
Any tips on breaking this cycle? I really need to do well :(

edoetsch1 02-03-2014 11:15 AM

2/2: 2015/2000
15 over yesterday. But did enjoy the football game.

abbyin 02-03-2014 11:20 AM

Haven't been here for a couple of years but I have been lurking for the past couple of weeks and thought I would jump on in. I too, am a calorie counter. I find it the best way to lose weight because you can eat a bigger variety of food as long as you count those calories :) I also added exercise last November because it really helps boost my metabolism. I have lost 9 lbs. since November and hoping to lose a little more. I hope to be hanging out here a little more if that's ok with everyone. Hope everyone has a great day!

edoetsch1 02-03-2014 10:40 PM

2/3: 1670/2000
Did great on getting my water in today. I set out (4)16.9oz bottles of water on the counter so they were in view. A good reminder for me to drink them!

bargoo 02-03-2014 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abbyin (Post 4935314)
Haven't been here for a couple of years but I have been lurking for the past couple of weeks and thought I would jump on in. I too, am a calorie counter. I find it the best way to lose weight because you can eat a bigger variety of food as long as you count those calories :) I also added exercise last November because it really helps boost my metabolism. I have lost 9 lbs. since November and hoping to lose a little more. I hope to be hanging out here a little more if that's ok with everyone. Hope everyone has a great day!

Good start !

Paisleymama 02-03-2014 11:15 PM

Down 2lbs this morning, YAY!
I'm giving myself a mental reassessment. I NEED to lose the weight. It doesn't matter what I think, the scale tells the true story and it's all GOT TO GO.
I really, really need to put an exercise plan in place. My shoulder is healed and I need to stop making excuses for myself. If I get it together, I could be at my goal in 6 months. No use in prolonging it.

diamond_girl - I delayed my weigh in for that reason. I don't eat much salt but the weekend was a bust.

SeeMyFeet - I think you really need to eat more! But I'm no expert.

paulimapi - I've given up on worrying about weekend dinners. I eat super low cal for breakfast and lunch then have whatever I want, within reason. I figure I can't hit over 2500 either way so I'm good with it zig zagging like that. I also have a lot more to lose than you so maybe it'll change once I'm closer to goal.

abbyin - Welcome back!

edoetsch1 - Good job!

Robsia 02-04-2014 04:38 AM

I am so annoyed with my body. I have been really good all week. My average calories were 1168, yet not only have I not lost a thing, I was actually a pound UP this morning. Ugh! Wednesday is my official weigh-in. I am working tonight so hopefully that will bring it down.

Cals yesterday: 1236
7da: 1168
30da: 1224
Weight lost: 12 lb

diamond_girl 02-04-2014 06:09 AM

Yesterday I was at 1152 Calories, I started working out at work. They added 3 treadmills, an eliptical and a bicycle. So at lunch I'm doing my workout thing.

Robsia: I hate when that happens.
PaisleyMama: Congrate on the 2 pounds.

abbyin 02-04-2014 08:25 AM

Yesterday's calories were 1129. Did 30 min. on the treadmill. Had a good breakfast of shredded wheat, almond milk and a banana. Trying to start the day off right and hope the rest of the day follows suite. Hope everyone has a great low cal day!

CalCounter1003 02-04-2014 08:50 AM

Paisley - wow, that's great, 2 pounds! I like your idea about eating real low for breakfast and lunch on the weekends. I need to do that because I want to be able to eat our normally on at least Saturday night. I am in such a rut with my M-F meals! But it seems to be working.

Robsia- So frustrating, but again, you know you didn't really gain since you've been eating the right # of calories. It's just a weird body moment.

DiamondGirl - that's awesome that you have a place at work you can work out! You will feel great in the afternoons instead of sleepy!

Scales are so frustrating! I read the book Have your Cake and Skinny Jeans too" and in there the author says never weigh yourself, just have a pair of pants that when they fit you know you are okay. But then other books, like WillPower say that those whose have maintained weight loss (a very low percentage of people :() do weigh themselves every day. So we all have to do what is right for us. I think I'm in the weigh every day category. Because I know when I am in on a gaining spree, (like when I gained over 20 from Jan-May last year), I didn't weigh. I couldn't bear to see it! That was a very unpleasant day when I decided to finally face the scale. :eek:

NewKate2014 02-04-2014 03:49 PM

Hey all. I'm at 1251 today. Feeling tired and stressed over work, I wish I'd gotten home earlier so I could go running to reduce my stress but it was too late me by the time I'd made dinner and spoken to my mum on the phone it was too late and I was too flipping tired.

Weighed in this morning to assess the damage from the weekend, 1.4lb up but it was worth it for such a good weekend and frankly I thought it would be much worse.

Just too tired to think straight right now, early night for me.

K x

CalCounter1003 02-04-2014 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeMyFeet (Post 4933706)
Those were 7 tough pounds for me!

I'm starting to fear another stall--as in morbid dread coupled with hopelessness. My weight before sleep last night was 1.5 lb lower than my weight this morning?!?!?! so I was careful not eat anything past 6pm last night in hopes of a great weigh-in. Ugh.!

I just happened across this article which could explain the scale going up overnight. I try to cut off water at a certain point because some nights I get up every hour to go to the bathroom. But I always weigh less on mornings after that. Anyway, see what you think. Maybe you were dehydrated.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/30/health...?iref=obinsite

SeeMyFeet 02-05-2014 12:24 AM

Oh, I'm not really concerned about the evening versus morning weigh differences, CalCounter. I know salt cycles are irregular and unpredictable and I have a history of swelling due to water retention. Plus I often have a hot bath before bed, so I'm sure that affects the scale. If anything, I need to increase fluids. Anyway, it's just another thing to get frustrated about!

Well thanks for worrying Paisleymama. I decided I've had enough days at 800 calories. I haven't been dropping tonnes of weight at this calorie range anyway. I don't want to get gallstones or gout, plus I've had twinges of leg cramps a couple of times, so up we go! I added an apple/cheese snack tonight to up the cals.

Get some rest NewKate. You probably just have some extra water retention.

Wish I had a gym at work, diamondgirl. Though I would probably be too uncomfortable to work out in front of my coworkers.

1125 cals for Tue.

Paisleymama 02-05-2014 05:43 AM

I did 30 mins of cardio yesterday, I forgot how tired it makes me! I had a post workout nap, drool and all. I crashed hard! Looking at working out 3x a week at the moment just so I don't go all soft once the weight is off. I saw a picture of myself today and hated how I looked, talk about motivating.

Food: 1349
Exercise: 325
Net: 1024

I'm looking down the barrel of a low day at the moment, I'm cool with it.

Robsia - Sorry the scale hasn't budged. It's hard to stick to a plan when you feel it isn't working. When it wasn't moving for me, I focused on health instead and how I felt within myself.

diamond_girl - Thanks! That's awesome they have a gym at work

abbyin - Well done

CalCounter1003 - I hover around 250 cals until dinner on those days and I don't log in what I ate for dinner. I don't pick the meal apart, wondering how many cals are in every bite. I also have 2 little people watching me and I don't want to impact them in a negative way. I eat the same things over and over again. I can't be bothered finding other foods that are low cal. I think my pants can lie. The scale doesn't. I don't weigh every day, maybe once a week. If I weigh every day I nit pick at the small gains and end up disheartened and frustrated. I just can't do it anymore.

NewKate2014 - Sorry you're having a tough day but good job on the cals! I hope tomorrow is better for you

SeeMyFeet - Good job upping your cals! On super low days I can feel my leg muscles tingling. I do have them, maybe twice a week, but I know my body hates it.

diamond_girl 02-05-2014 06:12 AM

1227 for calories yesterday (had a cup of coffee and the cream put me over) I hope everyone is doing well this am.

NewKate2014 02-05-2014 01:48 PM

I'm at 1324 for the day. Pushed over by a piece of a kid in my class' birthday cake which was totally not worth it!!
When I got in I did some resistance and core exercises which were hard work!
Feeling much better than yesterday though :)

SeeMyFeet you were right - I think I just needed a good night's sleep!!

CalCounter I agree - no scales means you can be in denial about what you weigh. I find that only having a number in front of me keeps up my awareness of how I'm doing. I currently weigh myself every other day, it reminds me in the morning what I'm doing and why! If I've gained I push myself to be really low cals that day and if I've lost I feel awesome and it makes me want it even more!

Robsia I hope you get your result at your weigh in!!

Paisley For me I have to exercise to get results in my weight loss. You'll see it drop off you if you get your three sessions in a week! You'll feel less tired as you get into the habit! :)

diamond_girl 02-05-2014 09:01 PM

1407 today, but it was stressful and I'm still not happy. Teenagers...

edoetsch1 02-05-2014 11:09 PM

2/5: 1794/2000
Got all my water in today :)

Paisleymama 02-05-2014 11:51 PM

Down .9lb this morning. Come on, onederland! I feel like it should be more than the scale says but maybe I'm less bloated or something. Who knows. I'm back in the groove with not craving carbs and sugar now.
983 yesterday. Not interested in food at the moment.

NewKate - Yeah, I need to kick that into gear. More muscle, better metabolism. 3x a week sounds reasonable to me, I was doing 5 but then went away at Christmas and didn't resume.

Diamond_girl & edoetsch1- Good job!

abbyin 02-06-2014 09:50 AM

1068 Calories for yesterday. That's a bit low but I really didn't feel like eating dinner last night so I just grazed on popcorn and vegies. Not very healthy :( I'll try to do better today. My weigh in was yesterday and I just stayed the same. I guess that's better than gaining :)

Robsia 02-06-2014 01:40 PM

After those 6 days of stubbornness my body finally let go of 1.4 lb over two days. So I know it works, it's just frustrating when it's happening.

Well done to everyone who is sticking to the plan. It really is worth it in the end.

Cals yesterday: 984
7da: 1232
30da: 1204
Weight lost: 13.4 lb

NewKate2014 02-06-2014 01:41 PM

Good evening all!
I was down 1.6lbs this morning and my calories are sat at 1236 so im pretty happy. I intended to work out tonight but I got in from work late and blah blah excuses excuses... Bit pathetic the excuses I'm coming out with this week!
Paisley you're so close to onederland!!! Keep going!
Edoetsch great work getting your water in! I'm so dehydrated tonight. I think water intake is gonna be my goal for a while.

CalCounter1003 02-06-2014 02:09 PM

Yay on everyone's losses! The water intake is very important for me along with the exercise. And as I type this I realize, that this diet, the only one where I've ever gotten this low, is the first time I've exercised and drank water. I used to only drink diet sodas but gave them up in July. So maybe for me that was why this worked. I refused to exercise in the past, but I have to say I like it now and I feel so much better when I do it. If you aren't exercising yet, just walk a little extra here and there. You don't have to do anything painful. Just walking will help!

I've been within calorie range but weight's been the same for a week, but with just 2.5 to go I figure it will be slow. Also, I need to up the calories some days but I just get in a routine and eat the same breakfast and lunch every day. Still in shock that I'm where I am and lower than the goal I originally set. It does feel good and if I can do it, you all can do it! (sounds cliche but I'm serious!) I need to buy some more clothes, just not a lot of extra money for that now. But I'm not complaining, just very thankful.

Munchy 02-06-2014 03:49 PM

I think I'm going to try to increase my calories slightly to see if I can start losing. I'm definitely motivated and have been exercising quite a bit more than usual. Tomorrow I'm planning gym time after work and Saturday I've planned a 4 mile walk/hike. I'm so sore from all of the shoveling yesterday, but I just love the feeling of my muscles working, so I'm going to keep it up.

I'm going to try to increase my food calories to 1200 and cut out the empty alcohol calories. I typically eat soup (115-175 calorie) for breakfast and lunch, veggies with light ranch as a snack, and my dinner tends to be between 250-400 calories. I average about 600-700 food calories per day.

If I can get there and maintain my weight, I'll be ecstatic! I'm really worried that one of these days I won't make it because my body is too broken and doesn't have all of the nutrients it needs. I can't risk that - I have a child to worry about.

Wish me luck!:^:

edoetsch1 02-06-2014 09:05 PM

2/6: 1544/2000
still chugging along ")

Paisleymama 02-06-2014 10:45 PM

1279 cals yesterday. Today is High Day Friday! WOOHOO! No calorie counting past lunch :)

abbyin - The random low day is good :) Glad you haven't gained but I hope you see a loss soon

Robisa - YAY! So glad things are moving along again

NewKate2014 - Congrats on the loss! Aaah, onederland, I have missed thee! I hope it's within the next week. It was a huge shock for me to step on the scales at the start of this and be in the 200's. Live and learn.

CalCounter1003 - I think I will feel much the same! In the beginning, it feels so unobtainable. Even just getting these first 25lbs off has been awesome, the first few weeks were TOUGH. I wanted to quit. I wanted to have cake and a cheeseburger. I had days where I was detoxing hard. I look forward to meeting you in Goal territory soon :)

Munchy - I hope your body responds well, fingers crossed for you!

edoetsch1 - Keep on chugging!

diamond_girl 02-07-2014 07:15 AM

TGIF 1231 Calories for me yesterday.

Rosbia: Glad you finally showed a loss, it can be disheartening to now see anything when your working so hard.
NewKate2014: Yay a loss
CalCounter1003: I was thinking about that hard to loose last little bit and your comment about how you less then your original goal had me thinking what if you lowered your goal again if it would trick your mind into tricking your body to stop holding onto the extra. LOL
Munchy: good luck on the healthy eating
edoetsch1 Yay, lets do this!!
PaiselyMama: High Day Friday sounds awesome!

NewKate2014 02-07-2014 02:33 PM

Another loss for me this morning, 0.8lbs down from yesterday so that's 2.4lbs gone in two days which is pretty weird but I'm not complaining.

Calories at 1341 for the day. I did half an hour of aerobics and 15mins of weight resistance which is around 300 calories burnt so a net of 1041 which is low for me. I think I might have a wee chocolate later. I feel I need a Friday treat.

CalCounter you're doing a great job. Keep working at it, the amount you've lost is such a huge achievement, the loss at this stage will be really slow so persistence is key!!

Munchy increasing your calories is definitely the way to go... your body won't be happy working out on such a low number of calories!!

edoetcsh keep it up!!

Paisley you're definitely gonna make it to onederland in the next week or so. What an achievement!!! :)

DiamondGirl TGIF - you are so right.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

abbyin 02-07-2014 08:11 PM

Calories were low for yesterday, 1175, so I upped them today, 1612. Hopefully that might kick start my plateau. It's kind of like Calcounter1003 said, I too get in a rut of eating the same things every day and so my calories are low every day but I'm going to the grocery tomorrow and I need to buy some different things. I'm kind of getting bored with my food and I really want to try to eat at least 1250 calories each day, which is, and has been, my plan. Sounds like a lot of us are trying to make some adjustments for next week :)

Changergirl 02-07-2014 08:29 PM

After being back from vacation for a week, I figured it was time to pop back in here and say hi! It's nice there are so many new people. I went back and read the last couple pages to try and catch up but there's so much stuff it's hard to do personals. Hopefully starting next week I'll be here everyday so I'll have less to catch up on.

I will say congrats to CalCounter! You are so close to your new goal, it must feel so great. I'm not sure what you're eating now but if you're looking to add some calories maybe go back to full fat dairy (if you're not) or add olive oil to something if you can.

I didn't weigh in for a week when I came back and I gained 3 kilos/6.6 pounds, that was on Thursday. I've lost almost a kilo since then (in 2 days) so my body must still be adjusting to being back. I'm glad it's coming off pretty quickly as it was likely mostly water weight and not actual fat. I'm hoping to net 1420 calories until I get back to my pre-vacation weight. I'm on a 2 day streak right now but I know the weekend is going to be tough. I'm going to have to make sure I'm exercising a bit more as I know I'll be eating a bit more.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

NewKate2014 02-08-2014 04:59 AM

Morning all! Another 0.4lbs down this morning. So that's almost 3lbs in 4 days. A really rapid drop.

Had a kind of interesting experiment last night. At work the cleaner had left two chocolate bars on my desk (something she does for all the staff from time to time, very cute!) but I chucked them straight into my drawer of my desk - out of sight! At the end of the day I was really desperate to eat one but decided better of it.
Anyway, I got home and I was under on my calories so I thought I might eat it but again I didn't.
At around 10pm last night my net calories was way under normal for me so I decided to eat a 100kcal chocolate caramel bar. But I was so not bothered about it. It tasted sickly, it made my mouth feel gross and I was totally underwhelmed!!

After 6 weeks pretty much cold turkey on chocolate and other sweet stuff I seem to have stopped caring for it. Very unexpected!!!

abbyin mixing it up is definitely a good idea - keep your body guessing.

Hi Changergirl :) I'm sure you'll drop the holiday weight off quickly.

Have a good day all!
K

NewKate2014 02-08-2014 07:34 AM

Just been running, shins very sore which is a bummer. It's because I was stupid and didn't wear my shin sleeves for aerobics last night. hey ho - keep trucking :)

Paisleymama 02-08-2014 07:57 AM

Just a quick check in. I ordered whatever I wanted on Friday night, that felt SO GOOD. I haven't let go completely since the start of November. Today has been low so far, dinner will be a bust as we're ordering Indian takeaway but back on board tomorrow.

edoetsch1 02-08-2014 08:24 AM

2/7:1,727/2000
I must confess that I never never stuck with eating healthy this long ever! I always will start, go about 3 weeks and give up. This makes me realize that this is my time! I was ready this time :) And the best part is I enjoy it. I love feeling this good. I love all the new foods I am trying. And I do not feel as if I gave up anything. I still have the occasional treat. I just learned to portion it and count it. :)

CalCounter1003 02-08-2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edoetsch1 (Post 4939052)
2/7:1,727/2000
I must confess that I never never stuck with eating healthy this long ever! I always will start, go about 3 weeks and give up. This makes me realize that this is my time! I was ready this time :) And the best part is I enjoy it. I love feeling this good. I love all the new foods I am trying. And I do not feel as if I gave up anything. I still have the occasional treat. I just learned to portion it and count it. :)

I'm so happy for you! It's a great feeling, I agree, to eat this way. This is the longest I have ever stuck with anything. Since July for me, but I am not going to just stop when I reach goal. Going to always watch my portions.

ChangerGirl, those are good ideas. I will need to start adding in cals after I lose this last 2.5.

skinnyki 02-08-2014 02:02 PM

Hi all! Im back I need some accountablity. Everyone is doing well!

Calcounter you are doing great! Almost to ur goal :) Great job!

Edoetsch. Hi friend :) you are doing wonderful as well! Very happy and excited for you. I too will be adapting this lifestyle for the rest of my life. It makes you account able and aware of what u put into ur mouth.

Calorie goal today is 1700.
Have a good weekend everyone!

diamond_girl 02-08-2014 02:26 PM

Yesterday I barely got 800 calories in (831) I had went right after work to treat myself to a manicure and getting my eyebrows done. By the time I got home I wasn't hungry and it was later then I like to eat anyway so I didn't (I know, bad) Today was a total house cleaning and then I shoveled the drive. I ache right now... Hoping to get in at least 1200 calories today. Tomorrow I do NOTHING!

NewKate2014 02-08-2014 03:30 PM

Calories at 1340 for the day, burnt 271 running. Net: 1069
Nae bad.

SeeMyFeet 02-08-2014 04:35 PM

H'lo all! Whew! What a week! Trying to chillax on a Saturday. Gave the floors and rugs a good cleaning, a must-do with all this snow and sand. (It's such a yucky feeling when sock feet step on crummies and wet spots!) Lots of laundry and work-related stuff ahead yet, AND a trip to the grocers. Hmmm...what kind of new meal food can I get?

I've decided that I can't be bothered for breakfast anymore. Coffee and chocolate milk to help swallow my vitamins. Work was so busy on Friday that I forgot to eat until late. But I managed to get 1080 calories in. 1132cals weekly average. 1055cals since Jan1. Creeping up a bit. I've been eating more and feeling a bit bloaty at times.

What's for dinner, guys? Any good snack ideas?

skinnyki 02-09-2014 12:44 PM

Within calories yesterday. Today plan on really being on track Spring is near!!