3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Daily check in: were you under your calories today?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/290902-daily-check-were-you-under-your-calories-today.html)

CalCounter1003 01-08-2014 09:57 PM

Changer girl, have a great time on holiday! Whenever I go on vacation I do that same thing...start my holiday eating days before we leave. You probably won't gain while you are away because you will be busy all day! I love teaching, but it's quite fun when the kids aren't there! :).

Skelley, that is totally understandable being trapped at home, but glad you had a good day!

edoetsch1 01-08-2014 10:31 PM

Day 11: 1238/1800
Had a great day today! I feel as if my entire day is revolved around eating though. Always trying to think of what the next meal/snack will be and how many calories it will be. Hopefully as time goes on my mind will not be obsessing over this at all times :)

Paisleymama 01-08-2014 11:54 PM

Ugh, I'm still trying to climb back on the wagon.
You'll see a lot more posts from me as I try and keep up my daily accountability once again.

Yesterday was ok, ate around 1300-1400cals BUT my food choices haven't been very good. I need to work on that. I also need to get back to exercising regularly. It's so easy to slip and I have 0 motivation at the moment. I need a good kick up the butt!

Weighing in on Monday, so scared to see what the scale reads.

Robsia 01-09-2014 05:07 AM

Wednesday stats:
Calories: 1305 (7da also 1305)
Steps: 14311
Miles: 6.08

It's starting to come down. Had a cracking start - lost 3.2 in three days, then it stalled for a few days, now today and yesterday I've seen a 0.2 drop both mornings. It's slow, but I'll take it.

SeeMyFeet 01-09-2014 08:24 AM

Hello all and welcome newbies!

867cals yesterday. 39day average=1219. 7day average = 1021. No budge on the scale.

Ugh! just Ugh!

Paisleymama 01-09-2014 09:45 AM

See my Feet - That's so disappointing :( Are you eating enough?

Hi and welcome, Robisa. A loss is a loss, better than a gain!

kaarin 01-09-2014 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Changergirl (Post 4914703)
Wow, this place has gotten busy which is great.

I've been eating a bit too much for my liking recently. I'm going on a 2.5 week holiday on Sunday and I think I'm already in vacation mode. Tomorrow's my husband's 30th b-day as well so I knew the bad food was going to start a couple days before we left so I really should have been doing better to stay on track this week. I'm currently 'deskwarming' at school which means the kids and most of the teachers/staff are on vacation but I get to come to work and sit on my butt all day and do nothing. There's quite a few snacks being served as well which I normally would avoid but can't because there's so few of us here to eat them.

I probably won't check in here until I get back the end of January so hopefully you all are still here and have stuck on plan much better than I will have.

Have a great vacation!
I agree its great to see so many people here. The more the merrier!
Yesterday was not a great day for me. Calories were only 1245, but work was crazy and I missed lunch altogether and didn't get home until almost 7:00. Since my calorie intake was so low I decided it was a good enough excuse to have a few glasses of wine to unwind. :(
Also, still under 5000 steps for the day. I'm disappointed in myself because it's not just about the calories and weight loss for me, I want to get into healthier habits. Oh well, I guess awareness is the first step...
Today will be better! Have a great day everyone!

skelley331 01-09-2014 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalCounter1003 (Post 4914758)
Changer girl, have a great time on holiday! Whenever I go on vacation I do that same thing...start my holiday eating days before we leave. You probably won't gain while you are away because you will be busy all day! I love teaching, but it's quite fun when the kids aren't there! :).

Skelley, that is totally understandable being trapped at home, but glad you had a good day!

Thanks CalCounter, you are doing so good!

skelley331 01-09-2014 11:10 AM

Had another good day yesterday Yahoo!!!
4,170 steps
1.84 miles
1,866 calories burned
1,335 calories eaten
fitbit says I Nailed it!!!! :carrot::carrot:
75 oz water

CalCounter1003 01-09-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edoetsch1 (Post 4914777)
Day 11: 1238/1800
Had a great day today! I feel as if my entire day is revolved around eating though. Always trying to think of what the next meal/snack will be and how many calories it will be. Hopefully as time goes on my mind will not be obsessing over this at all times :)

I think you kind of have to be that way to really stick to it at first! But then you will get into routines and you will not have to think about everything. I like to talk about it on here but I do not talk about my dieting with people unless they ask me and even then I don't say a lot other than to say what diet I'm doing. I just don't like it when someone talks endlessly about all of that, so I don't want to do that!
I find if I keep myself busy I will not have time to think about it as much. Because I agree it's just too much for the brain sometimes. In the summer when I wasn't teaching I was reading, doing cross stitch and painting my nails just to do things that kept my hands and brain busy! Now that schools in, and I teach full time and at a college in the evening, I don't have time for hobbies!

edoetsch1 01-09-2014 11:36 PM

Day 12: 2085/1800
Went over today but I am ok with that. I have been under calorie all week so I wont let this affect me. Tomorrow is a new day :)

SeeMyFeet 01-10-2014 08:34 AM

Good attitude, edoetsh1! (and you didn't go over by much!!)

A broccoliful day yesterday. yum yum

855cals yesterday. 40 day average: 1209. 7day average: 1020. Annnnd the scale didn't budge. At all. Operation Infinite Patience is still underway.

Silverfire 01-10-2014 08:43 AM

1280/1600 :)

I made Bacon Potato Corn Chowder for supper last night. With all this cold weather I have been craving something hearty. So good, and only about 350 cal's for a big bowl!

kaarin 01-10-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalCounter1003 (Post 4915558)
I think you kind of have to be that way to really stick to it at first! But then you will get into routines and you will not have to think about everything. I like to talk about it on here but I do not talk about my dieting with people unless they ask me and even then I don't say a lot other than to say what diet I'm doing. I just don't like it when someone talks endlessly about all of that, so I don't want to do that!
I find if I keep myself busy I will not have time to think about it as much. Because I agree it's just too much for the brain sometimes. In the summer when I wasn't teaching I was reading, doing cross stitch and painting my nails just to do things that kept my hands and brain busy! Now that schools in, and I teach full time and at a college in the evening, I don't have time for hobbies!

I totally agree that you have to be a little obsessed with this at first. I find coming on here everyday, thinking about dieting a lot during the day, logging into MFP with everything, all this helps to keep me focused on my goal of losing weight. I also try to visualize where I will be in a month, 2 months etc. What clothes will I be wearing? It all helps to build new, good habits. Once the pounds start coming off consistently, I think that will be motivation in itself.
I've decided that Friday morning is going to be my regular weigh-in morning (better than Monday morning!). I was happy to see the scale nudge down a little from Wednesday. Now I'm going to try and stay off the scale until next Friday.
Yesterday was a pretty good day. Not enough steps, but under 1200 calories.

edoetsch1 01-10-2014 11:05 PM

Day 13: 1013/1800
Didnt get out of bed till 11am today so I was lower than normal due to not eating breakfast. I am finding that I am not as hungry during the day, but still fighting the late night temptations. Been trying to stick with pop corn at night with some different flavorings.

Robsia 01-11-2014 11:18 AM

Hi

I had a good day yesterday - even had enough cals left over for a couple of my tall peach/vodka cocktails and DIDN'T nibble after.

I had a banging headache this morning though so I suffered for it, which is odd, because I've had more in the past and not felt a thing. Maybe it's because I've been eating far less so the alcohol had a worse effect, I don't know. But once I let the dog in I just took some painkillers and went back to bed and slept an couple more hours while the painkillers kicked in.

Also dropped a pound overnight this morning so I'm happy.

Cals yesterday: 1332
7da: 1288
Average since start: also 1288 (freaky as it's 10 days!)
Steps yesterday: 11577

SeeMyFeet 01-11-2014 01:32 PM

Wow! Everyone is doing so well!

But we're all in danger, because you uttered the "Foods That Must Not Be Named": bacon, potato, corn, vodka, popcorn...I think I'll cast a protective spell around my mouth. ;)

Good day yesterday. 732cals. 41day average=1198. 7da average=988. And the scale registered a 3lb loss, so I'm back to my ticker weight. Fi-nuh-lee.
:broc:
The plan is to increase calories for the next few days, but I'm kinda scared. I just don't have any faith that I've hit on the right plan for my stubborn bod.

edoetsch1 01-11-2014 11:09 PM

Day #14: 1309/1800
Working on portion's and adding more fruits and vegetables this week as my goal.
1443 is my weekly average, which I am very happy with!

SeeMyFeet 01-12-2014 12:00 PM

It is so inspiring to see all the motivation here!

My weekly average weight loss plot is in a downward trend that appears to be consistent. I am so relieved....Happy dance! Happy dance!...yet fearful that it won't stay that way. Plug along. Plug along.

Yesterday was an Up day. (I'm trying a version of calorie cycling.) 1550cals. 42day average = 1206. 7day average=1083.

I'm surprised the scale didn't jump up 10lb because I ate Bread yesterday!! (shudder!) I cooked a turkey breast, so I'll have a high protein day today, and stay away from the cooked-up carbs.

Today is Portions Day for me, too, Edoetsch. I measured my cereal (All Bran buds) into small containers and portioned out my daily vitamins. This afternoon, I'll mix up salads for the week (or at least the next few days). My latest new snack food is low-cal peach Activiaaaaaaah! yogurt. Yummy and only 60cals. I like to eat the same things every day so I can calorie count easier, but I do get taste bud fatigue, and things go out of season. My snacks have included flatbread/hummus (gave up bread), pistachios (tired of them), grapes (out of season), and now clementines--which will be out of season soon. Looking forward to something new. Any other healthy, fewer-than-60cal, low carb snack ideas?

edoetsch1 01-12-2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeMyFeet (Post 4917527)
Today is Portions Day for me, too, Edoetsch. I measured my cereal (All Bran buds) into small containers and portioned out my daily vitamins. This afternoon, I'll mix up salads for the week (or at least the next few days). My latest new snack food is low-cal peach Activiaaaaaaah! yogurt. Yummy and only 60cals. I like to eat the same things every day so I can calorie count easier, but I do get taste bud fatigue, and things go out of season. My snacks have included flatbread/hummus (gave up bread), pistachios (tired of them), grapes (out of season), and now clementines--which will be out of season soon. Looking forward to something new. Any other healthy, fewer-than-60cal, low carb snack ideas?

I am the same way with eating the same kind of foods every day. I have been working on a box of clementines for 2 weeks now. Switched over to strawberries this week. My daughter has a metabolic illness called PKU which requires me to weigh all her food to figure out phenylaline so the weighing and measuring should be very easy for me.

Silverfire 01-12-2014 01:15 PM

It was my birthday yesterday so I didn't track anything. Beer, cheesecake, chips and dips! I did manage to show some restraint with the chips and dip and didn't just eat it ALL :)

CalCounter1003 01-12-2014 10:26 PM

Happy Birthday Silverfire! Good for you for enjoying the day!
Yay, SeeMyFeet! Sounds like you are on a down trend line.

I was a little over today. Tried a recipe that was for chicken bruschetta. It had a baguette mentioned in the ingredients but I don't think the bread was counted in the calories. I ate more than 1/4 of the bread! But I'm okay with it, I've been doing well with calories and exercise. Oh well, it was fun to try something different and I will make it again! Here it is:
http://www.loseweightbyeating.com/we...-379-calories/

Decided I am going to adjust my goal again. I started with a goal of 165, then when I got close decided I should try to get a normal bmi. So I set it at 155. I'm only half pound a way from there! That is a 24 bmi which is the highest normal weight bmi. Now I think I may go to 150 so I can be 23 bmi. Haven't been this low since prior to kids, which was 23 years ago!

Paisleymama 01-12-2014 10:40 PM

Today is day 1 of counting ALL calories again, including dinner.
At the end of the week I will weigh in and I really hope to start exercising again next week, I'm in a lot of pain at the moment and just can't which is totally throwing me off.

You'll all have to scream at me if I don't log in every day now!

ETA - I decided I should weigh in so I could be realistic and to my surprise, I'd lost another 5lbs! Take that, holidays!

SeeMyFeet 01-13-2014 08:27 AM

Whoa! Paisleymama! You're almost in Wonderland! Good luck with the counting....we'll see you back tomorrow! How did i not notice that CalCounter was such a skinnyminny? Must be a wonderful feeling. Happy Birthday Silverfire...I don't use the calendar function, so i don't notice these things. We have one in my family today.

Yesterday 1289cals (a planned up day). 43day average=1208 7day average=1086. The last 2 up days have put me 3.5lb above my ticker. I'm trying to be patient...sticking to the plan...we'll see if it takes the usual 1-2 weeks to get this back off.

Silverfire 01-13-2014 08:46 AM

Thanks CalCounter1003 :)

Alas, in an effort to use the rest of the chips and cheese up I made nachos for dinner and had some pop. Over by 200, could be worse. Today at the gym will make up for it!

skelley331 01-13-2014 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalCounter1003 (Post 4917953)
Happy Birthday Silverfire! Good for you for enjoying the day!
Yay, SeeMyFeet! Sounds like you are on a down trend line.

I was a little over today. Tried a recipe that was for chicken bruschetta. It had a baguette mentioned in the ingredients but I don't think the bread was counted in the calories. I ate more than 1/4 of the bread! But I'm okay with it, I've been doing well with calories and exercise. Oh well, it was fun to try something different and I will make it again! Here it is:
http://www.loseweightbyeating.com/we...-379-calories/

Decided I am going to adjust my goal again. I started with a goal of 165, then when I got close decided I should try to get a normal bmi. So I set it at 155. I'm only half pound a way from there! That is a 24 bmi which is the highest normal weight bmi. Now I think I may go to 150 so I can be 23 bmi. Haven't been this low since prior to kids, which was 23 years ago!

Wow CalCounter1003: You are doing amazing, I just can't seem to stay in control, but I will one day! Congrats on your progress!:carrot:

kaarin 01-13-2014 09:52 AM

Good morning everyone! Great to catch up with everyone's progress over the last few days. So much good news - it's SO motivating! I was over my calories both Saturday and Sunday, but kept it below 1400 each day. Of course it was the wine that put me over. :^: It's the start of a new week and I'm going to try again to be very good, at least until Friday! I'm not weighing myself again until Friday morning, so we'll see how I do.
I got to almost 6000 steps yesterday - still a looooonnnggg way from 10000!!! Not sure if I'll ever get there but I'll keep trying.
Have a great week!

Robsia 01-13-2014 01:56 PM

I had a BAAAD day yesterday.

It started well. I had a very late breakfast so I decided I would skip lunch as my parents were coming round and I was doing a roast chicken dinner.

But firstly, by the time I was preparing dinner, I felt like gnawing my fingers off I was so hungry and I found myself grabbing lumps of grated mozzarella out of the fridge as I prepared dinner.

Secondly. My mother has this habit of annoying me. Not intentionally but she just rubs me up the wrong way. I had a bottle of wine left over from Christmas so I decided to open it and have a glass as I was making dinner, to take to edge off her being, well, just her!

Thirdly. I CANNOT resist chicken skin. Nobody else likes it, so add that to the gnawing hunger and I found myself eating pretty much the entire chicken skin as I was carving the bird.

Then, a glass of wine turned into half a bottle, which turned into a bottle, then the nibble cravings kicked in. So, added to my planned calories, I had an entire bottle of sparkling white wine, far too much crispy roast chicken skin and nibbles on top. I've estimated 2000 calories, but it's probably more. I don't know.

So, yes the scale was up this morning. But today is a new day. Back on track.

Also I've had some nasty hip/back pain over the last couple of days so I haven't been doing my C25K and my steps are down, 8213 yesterday and 8117 the day before. But my average is still over 10K - 11598, so that's good.

1056 calories so far today.

7da: 1348
Average since beginning: 1338

edoetsch1 01-13-2014 02:12 PM

Day 15: 1,722/1800
Today was a rough one. Was home all day & wanted to snack! Plus husband made dinner so it was higher in calories than I would have made. Stilled stayed with in goal though, so I guess I am good!

CalCounter1003 01-13-2014 06:54 PM

Robsia,
Even if you had 3000 calories yesterday, which I doubt, remember one pound is 3500 calories. So you didn't really gain a pound! Scale may show up two or three but it's just temporary, And now that you are back on track it will go back down and that little spike might actually help you!

I had to laugh at the chicken skin.

I have the same problem with not my mom but my MIL!

Eydawn 01-13-2014 07:00 PM

Robsia-

Oh honey... I hear you on the bottle of wine and the mom thing. ;-) Made me laugh out loud. Remember that fluctuations day to day are generally fluid retention related... it's overall trends that matter.

Today has been an OK day for me! Have bronchitis though... so not much is appealing. Bleh. Tea, ramen, coffee... eyah, that's really been it. About to make peach glazed chicken thighs, quinoa and parmesan roasted cauliflower for dinner tho. That should be some good nutrients... and keep me under my count.

Hope everyone is doing well! Trying not to blow away here, crazy winds today. Howling outside... so gloomy!

Paisleymama 01-13-2014 10:29 PM

Look, I'm checking in as promised! One step in the right direction :)
Yesterday was acceptable, around 1200 cals but still not wonderful food choices.

I have today planned out but I'm stumped for dinner. It's so annoying cooking 3 separate meals all the time.

Seemyfeet - YES :D I am so excited. I hope those few extra pounds don't stick around too long!

Silverfire - Happy Birthday!

Kaarin - 1400 is great, don't sweat it :) I started at 1200 but I upped it to 1350 and still losing.

Robisa - I tend to keep a drink of some sort with me in the kitchen while I cook. I was baking the kids cookies in the afternoon and I wanted to eat the batter SO BAD. & I hear you on chicken skin, it's the best part.

edoetsch1 - Sorry yesterday was rough for you :( Tomorrow will be better & you still did great

Eydawn - Feel better soon

Navywife12 01-13-2014 10:38 PM

Hello! My daily is 1360. I had 2 huge workouts today that totaled 1800 extra cals to add, but I stuck to my original count and ate 1340. Now hopefully my legs allow me to get out of bed in the morning lol
BUT according to MFP if I do this everyday I can weigh 200lbs! Lol so not going to happen!

edoetsch1 01-14-2014 12:53 AM

Day 16: 1,441/1800
Today was much easier! I was able to keep myself busy so I didnt think about snacking. I did realize that I am not eating enough foods with iron and calcium though. That is going to be new goal for the week is to get those 2 things added more in to my food choices.

SeeMyFeet 01-14-2014 08:33 AM

Ohhhh please keep the cold winds, Eydawn.....or at least warm them up for us! And, yes, feel better soon.

Glad you're back Paisleymama! Are you posting over in the two-teens? It's pretty lively these days, too.

I baked a turkey breast over the weekend, on a day when I felt like eating everything. Fortunately, it was an Up day, so I nibbled a little bit on the crispy, salty skin without any guilt.....Then when I made the turkey broth, I included some of the skin. When I filtered it out and saw how fatty and flaccid the skin looks after rehydration, I began to think twice about eating that stuff! Bleah!.....just sayin'

Welcome Navywife! Good work!

I'm taking iron supplements, Edoetsch, and I seem to feel better when I do, but I really need to have my levels checked. Most people do not need iron supplements and too much iron can be bad as well.

Cals yesterday: 880. 44day average=1201. 7day average=1014. I will be tweaking a calorie cycle schedule for a while, but it looks like this is working for now! Happy Dance! Happy Dance!

Robsia 01-14-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeMyFeet (Post 4919015)
I baked a turkey breast over the weekend, on a day when I felt like eating everything. Fortunately, it was an Up day, so I nibbled a little bit on the crispy, salty skin without any guilt.....Then when I made the turkey broth, I included some of the skin. When I filtered it out and saw how fatty and flaccid the skin looks after rehydration, I began to think twice about eating that stuff! Bleah!.....just sayin'

I wouldn't eat turkey skin - that's just nasty. I love chicken skin so much that I did try turkey skin once to see if it was as nice - it wasn't. Icky!!

Silverfire 01-14-2014 01:17 PM

1268 Yesterday! Right on plan! Woot

CalCounter1003 01-14-2014 05:15 PM

Wow, as soon as I lower my goal the next day I am up 2.5 pounds! I think this is turning out to be a monthly thing even though I don't have TOM anymore. 52 years young, but it stopped 6 years ago with a surgery -- so I think I still have the monthly issues, just no mess. :) I never track when weight goes up so I need to write it down so I can look next month. Or I suppose I could check the past posts in here! But I'm not too worried because it seems like it goes up like that (with no correlation to over eating) and then it goes down lower afterwards.

PaiseleyMama - Yay for posting again! I can't imagine making 3 meals x 3 a day! That would wear me out -- well... actually I can imagine because I did it when my kids were younger. DH will eat anything so I'm lucky there. He just goes with the flow of whatever weird diet I am on or whatever I make. (or we go out!)

NavyWife - yes, I love the little MFP notice about what you will weigh in 5 weeks! Even when I have over eaten by a ton of calories it still says I will weigh less. Great job on exercise!

edoetsch1 - yay on keeping busy and not thinking about what you are eating! It's kind of like if you go on vacation and do a lot of sight seeing and walking around. Sure, you think about your meals but not obsessively. You just fit the meal into the day and not have the whole day planned around the meal.

SeeMyFeet - so glad to hear the calorie cycling is working! I make a chicken crock pot meal every week or two and after Thanksgiving I made it with leftover turkey and broth. I was SHOCKED at the amount of fat when I took it out of the fridge. It was like a whole inch layer of fat! The chicken is never that way.

Kaarin - regarding the steps - I have my goal for 10,000. So one night we got home late and I had about 9100 or so. I just started walking from one side of the house to the other (over and over) and I hit the 10k pretty quickly. I was amazed. I started doing it as a joke because my son was ahead of me on his FitBit and then I saw how fast it went so kept going.

Did anyone see the news about the FitBit Force and Flex causing rashes for some people? Yikes! I have the One myself but I have never had sensitive skin. I got my son the Force for Christmas so hope he doesn't get a rash!

diamond_girl 01-14-2014 07:19 PM

Okay if I join you? Today I'm finished with 1352 Calories. I also did 30 minutes on the treadmill and arms today.

Angela

CalCounter1003 01-14-2014 07:46 PM

Absolutely! :welcome2: