Old 03-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #1  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Default ultrasound, catscan

So, I lost 30 lbs over 8 months or so, and since Nov. have maintained that loss. I've written about that here and there, and I'm good with the maintenance; it means I've learned how to not gain. It means I've learned that this is it...this is 4ever.

I had a check up recently, basically b/c I've got some issues, and I've been having pain under the right breast at the top rib. Could be gallbladder, liver (mine is fatty), pancreas (I'm type 2 diabetic), could be intestinal. I do believe I had a full blown gall attack within the past year, pain there, pain around the back by the shoulder blade, basically incapacitated me for a good hour. Of course, I took pain reliever, drank seltzer, sat still and had my husband for about 5 minutes massage the back pain.

Doctor is happy with the weight loss, not happy to hear I didn't do anything about the pain. BUT, it was only steadily painful for about 2 weeks recently, and now that I've seen him and have the imaging scheduled for 3/15 (no rush, huh?) the pain is subsiding. I figure, however, I'm fortunate to have health insurance and the co-pay may only be about $100 so I better go find out what the heck is going on, if anything.

I had an ultrasound done on the abdomen before ( 7 years ago so the lab informed me) and I have a fatty liver. The doctor suggested a hole-punch biopsy, but the diagnosis isn't at my age and stage deadly, so I said ... no thank you. With hypothyroidism and type 2 diabetes, there is my health issue trifecta. (Not to mention roseasea and thinning hair...oh my.)

I'm not nervous, but.....ya just never know.

I'm sharing this here b/c I have only shared it with my family. Have not told friends, co-workers or bosses.

I am assuming I'll be just fine. I'm the healthiest sick person I know...LOL.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #2  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi, I have the same pain and was also diagnosed with a fatty liver about 5 years ago.. unfortunately I have gained weight which had caused the pain to be a bit worse at times. Have u tried a low fat diet? Back when I was first diagnosed I lost 40 pounds with a low fat diet which relieved my symptoms and improved my liver blood values.
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #3  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Hiya Tiff...I don't eat much fat these days. A teaspoon of EVOO if I'm lucky--especially since I've been dieting this past year. We'll see what the testing brings and I'll have to go from there. Probably same old same old and live how I have been. On the bright side, I'm taking less diabetes pills, so that has to count for something.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote