Old 12-29-2011, 06:29 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyla View Post
Calorie Counter from fat secret is the ome i love the most,

Calorie Couter does, i never used it though, but the option is there. I will have to try sometime.
I use it often. In fact, I found that it picks up the code quicker than the bar code scanner that comes with My Fitness Pal (not sure why, but it always took me longer to scan in items to MFP).
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:14 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 169/130/125

Height: 5' 7"

I'm playing with MFP and CC, and was trying to enter the Kashi cereal I ate this morning. I'm already running into trouble! Is it possible to enter the amount in grams? I hardly ever eat exactly one serving -- I usually pour it into a bowl, and stop at so many grams (42 grams today).

With the Fitbit website, we can choose the unit of measurement for a serving. I'll probably just stick with that, but I wish it had a cool mobile app.
Queen Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:16 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Sarah View Post
I'm playing with MFP and CC, and was trying to enter the Kashi cereal I ate this morning. I'm already running into trouble! Is it possible to enter the amount in grams? I hardly ever eat exactly one serving -- I usually pour it into a bowl, and stop at so many grams (42 grams today).

With the Fitbit website, we can choose the unit of measurement for a serving. I'll probably just stick with that, but I wish it had a cool mobile app.
It seems to depend on the product. Sometimes, if you choose the drop-down menu when you're entering the food, you'll see the option for different measurement types (grams, ounces, etc.). For other products, though, there is only one option (I think that MFP is a bit superior in this regard----goes right along w/ it having a better database of foods). Usually if there is no option to change the measurement type, I'll do a quick calculation on my phone calculator and just adjust the measurement size to fit the number of calories. It's really not as much of a pain as it seems.

Last edited by lin43; 12-29-2011 at 09:17 PM.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #19  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

I just downloaded MFP and it looks great I love the barcode scanner and I am sure it will save me time when I enter in any processed foods. I just wish vegetables came with barcodes LOL
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 225/201/170

Height: 5'9"

I love MFP. My favorite part is that whenever I need to log something, I just hold it up and scan it! MFP looks up the UPC and then you simply put in how many servings you've had. The tracking helps me figure out exactly how much fiber, fat, etc. I've had and what my % distribution is. LOVE IT!
JM14534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:52 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 169/130/125

Height: 5' 7"

I just heard a rumor that MFP is going to be linked to FitBit soon -- I hope that's true. Maybe I could have the best of both worlds!
Queen Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 154/154/129

Height: 5'7

I have an android and love MyNetDiary. It is a lot like the others mentioned but it works best for me!
iampoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #23  
Losing it every day...

S/C/G: 303.8/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

I've been using MFP for the past few days after seeing this thread and I am addicted. I love it. I had been using an spreadsheet that I made to track my calories, but MFP is so much better. Also, now have other 3FC members on there as friends. Didn't even realize how that feature worked!
twish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #24  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Serious My Fitness Pal abusers, pls feel free to add me.
Chosengiver
Daily logger!
Love it!::Abuse it!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote