Old 07-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #1  
gonna be thin again

S/C/G: 214/214/120

Default desperate

Hello Fellow Calorie Counters

I Am So Depressed!!!!!! I Use To Weigh 120 Pds 10 Years Ago,,,after Childbirth, Divorce, Deaths,,i Now Weigh A Whopping 240!!!!!! I Went To The Doctor And Found This Out. I Bout Passed Out. I Knew I Was Up There But To See It Was Breathtaking. Then One Of My Friends Tagged Me With Pics On Facebook When We Celebrated The 4th,,,and I Got So Depressed.

I Can't Stay Fat Anymore!!!! It Is Killing Me Physically And Mentally!!!!

Can You All Please Give Me Some Uplifting Success Stories,,advice,,anything!!!

I Cleaned Out My Kitchen Yesterday And Replaced Everything With Healthy Foods. I Am Eating 1200 Cal A Day,,,in Intervals Of 200 Calories 6 Times A Day. It Is Working Great,,i Stay Full All Day. Will This Work??? I Want To Feel Confident Again,,wear Shorts, Run Again, Not Check Chairs To See If They Will Hold Me,, Enjoy Shopping For Clothes,,not Feel Bad When In A Crowd,,

If You Read This Thank You For Taking The Time,,,i Have Hit Rock Bottom With This!!
b2babe123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #2  
back to square 1(70)

S/C/G: 176/170/150

Height: 5'5.5''

Hey b2babe123 - you might want to check out the Goal forum for some inspiration, there is ALWAYS someone who has been in your situation in one way or another. Good luck!
ahyessophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #3  
Restricting my way down..

S/C/G: 213/ticker/160now150!

Height: 5'4"

Hey b2babe123--welcome.

Congrats on taking the first steps and starting to diet. Calorie counting is the easiest way to lose weight! You get to pick what you eat--and if you really really need your favorite food you can still eat a reasonable portion of it. That's my favorite thing about counting.

If 1200 ever gets a little restrictive, eat a little more. I'm currently eating anywhere from 1400-1700 calories. I have lost 7 lbs in the past two weeks. I also walk dogs twice a day so the exercise really helps! ( 1 1/2 hours/day is the normal except in this humid hot weather--then it's 1 hour for dogs, 1/2 hour on treadmill if I can!)

I personally can't wait to see my flabby underarms disappear.

Good luck and keep us posted!
ScottieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

I second checking out the goals area. That is very motivating.
For calories, a quick google search will help you with how many calories you should eat each to get you where you want.
I use caloriecount.com to track my calories. They are also a good source for motivation too!
Either way, stay positive! Just start making changes a little at a time!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:16 PM   #5  

You WILL lose weight if you can keep to 1200 calories per day.
You will probably lose it faster than me.

I eat between 1550 and 1600 calories per day. At that rate I will lose one pound a week...50 pounds per year.

I have to keep track of every little thing that goes in my mouth, or I go over my calorie limit. I post everything on LoseIt.com
They have handy charts that figure out my calories, shows my progress, and it helps me a lot.

Then I come to this forum for support. If you can join a couple of the challenges here you will have more success at losing the weight.

Your beautiful body lies hidden from view. In time it will VERY slowly come back to you.

Be patient. It seems like it takes forever.

But in 2 years you should be skinny again.
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #6  

You definitely WILL lose weight, and at 1200 calories a day, you'll probably lose at a good, safe rate. If you lose 1.5 lbs. a week, that's 6 lbs. a month, which is 72 lbs. a year. The thing is, you'll start feeling much better about yourself even at the 15 lb. lost mark.

Also, I think you've made a good choice by deciding to calorie count. While it can get tedious, there are so many programs out there now that make it so much easier. I have a free app called Calorie Counter on my Android phone, and it has features that make it almost effortless (and dare I say fun) to count calories. I don't spend more than 5 - 10 minutes out of my entire day counting my calories. Also, as you become a seasoned calorie counter, you'll automatically memorize the calories in your favorite foods, and you'll be able to tally them mentally pretty quickly. I find that calorie counting works best for me because I can occasionally (2 - 3 times a week) work some goodies into my calorie count. Nothing is off limits! To each her own, but I could never do any plan that requires me to cut out or severly limit a food group or to have my favorite foods only once a month or so.

My advice is to not go too gung ho by making too many changes at once. I've been there, done that, and it backfires. Five years ago, I was 135 and was wearing a size six. One stressful job, relationship problems, and the death of my father all led to stress eating, and I gained about 45 lbs. I'm back on track, though, and I've learned from my past mistakes. Now, I'm in this for life. So as much as I would like this weight off me yesterday, I know that if I try too hard to lose it too fast, I'll give up. Take exercise for example. I used to kill myself every morning at 5 a.m.---go to the gym, do an hour of cardio, and on alternate days, do 30 min. - 1 hr. of weights in addition to the cardio I now know that I cannot face doing that for the rest of my life, so this time, I'm just working in calorie-burning activities to my everyday life ---e.g.., today I washed my car and I biked to and from the library (all that was about 1 1/2 hours of activity). The only "formal" exercise I do is strength training, which can make a big difference in how you look regardless of how much you weigh.

Good luck to you!

Last edited by lin43; 07-06-2011 at 06:58 PM.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #7  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

check out the glycemic load information, calories alone don't do it. It may in the beginning but insulin is the real culprit to reel in.

Ideal protein or carb counter threads should help. You will feel so much better with each pound gone, headed in the right direction, every tiny step is a victory.

I try and remember that losing weight happens in the MOMENT you make a good choice.
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:15 AM   #8  
TX Fat Chick

S/C/G: 258/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

You can do this! I will tell you that the the most important few things I've learned are:

#1 Don't obsess, just make better food choices.
#2 MOVE, get your heart rate up at least 3 times a week
#3 Don't view this as a diet. View it as a healthier lifestyle.
#4 Don't consider rare 'bad' meals as failure. It's your LIFE.

I am losing weight slowly but I feel so much better. I'm not worried about 'gaining it all back' because I have truly changed the way I eat.

GOOD LUCK!!
melissakd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #9  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Welcome! It's awesome that you replaced a lot of your food with healthier options. Just stay consistent and be patient. Some weeks you might lose more or less weight than other weeks. You can do this!!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote