Old 09-23-2010, 06:12 PM   #166  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

Height: 5'6"

Just a quickie from me too. Been OP so far this week AND doing my 30 minutes minimum exercise. I am exploring the exercise videos available to watch instantly on Netflix. Tried a dance one yesterday. Let's just say I'm not the most coordinated person around!! When I got lost, I just sort of freestyled until I could catch back up, lol. Oh well, kept me moving at least! Also nice to add some variety to the exercise arsenal. Boredom can be a showstopper for me.

I was going to ask...has anyone here tried Zumba? I know some girls at work who do it at the Y and love it. I'm not really a "gym" person, but I know they have Zumba videos. Any opinions?

Friday tomorrow!!
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:20 PM   #167  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Such a depressing day it became after I stepped on that scale this morning. All together I gained 4 lbs. It's my own fault, I overate for 2 days in a row, I just can't do that. I'm messing up the good plan I was doing for a week, it worked too. Now it's back to eating clean whole foods til I lose this water weight. I am so bloated up w/ water all over my body, I hope it's gone soon!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:23 PM   #168  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

OK i got a quick sec...I am still doing ok~I am down a little more to 144.2 today~I am trying to maintain but yet tone...so maybe I have to lose a few more pounds while I am toning...I am healthy so that all that matters at this point~My BMI Is 23 SAo if it drops some more thats ok Or if it stays steay thats ok too....Anyways...Life is going decent 2day & I will type again tomorrow.
Amelia ~if ya get a chance read what me & Traci (motivating ~inspriring Traci) posted about ya ON FB!!! It's on my wall under a post I did around lunch time.~Yeah we got mushy over ya ~LOL!

TTYL LATER ~ASAP!

Last edited by Lori259; 09-23-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:57 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 183/183/160

NorthernExposure-- I haven't tried a class but I've tried some in my home, it seems like it would be really fun, especially with a real trainer. I'm going to attend a class in November, but I definitely think you should give it a try! I'm not a gym person either, and I fear class settings, but it could prove benefitial in a lot of ways.
Jelbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:32 AM   #170  
westernsoutherngirl

S/C/G: 170/164/145

Height: 5'6'

Northern Exposure: I have done a Zumba class a couple of times and it was really fun! It is just nice to do something fun and different. The classes at my gym are small and age demographic is way different than most gyms (a lot of members are older than me) so it wasn't intimidating! Most people in a gym or a class at a gym are only worried about their selves so don't be intimidated!

Lori259 - Look at you in another new pic! You go girl! Looking fantabulous!

Me - working hard at my DHs office this week! Some and some :{ ! Going to San Antonio tomorrow! Staying pretty much on plan but ready to really re-focus next week! Ran 4 days in a row so taking today off! From running not everything else! LOL!
Have a great day everybody!
westernsoutherngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:46 PM   #171  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

I'm feeling pretty good today!!! I had a great workout, been eating on plan and I think I look pretty today. I'm extra excited because I took a day of refreshing yesterday and it was good. I went to Cato's and their stuff usually doesn't make allowances for my hips and booty so I was a little suspect about trying on a 14 slacks without the lycra and they looked so cute on me. I was all excited. I have been looking at stuff to wear on the cruise but haven't really gotten anything because I'm planning on being a 10 but it seems so odd to buy that size. I'm working on a smaller size but it just seems surreal. As my sister would say, you doing everything to be in a size 10 to why would you be worried that you won't make it. On that note I better get busy!! Oh yea, I did the Slim in 6 ab workout this morning for the first time and it was brutal. I should be very sore tomorrow. I did my two miles at lunch and that could be the reason I fell like I do. Tomorrow I plan to do one of the first Slim in 6 workout videos for my exercise. I'm feeling good about getting smaller.

Lori - I love when you post new pics. LOVE the shirt!! Can't wait until I'm trying to figure out maintenance calories and still losing!!!
Jel - I wasn't a "gym person" either now I'm a gym rat. It's addicting...very addicting.
Northern - I LOVE ZUMBA. I tried it at the gym here at work and had a ball. They offer it at a time I can't take it this semester so I was sad but it is lots of fun. You will be sore. Check on Amazon.com for the videos.
Fruitlady - Don't get too down on yourself, you'll bounce back soon enough!!
MissPriss - That sounds like some kind a workout. Your posts sounds like you feel great!! I checked out your blog and LOVE how your arms look. Did you ever have the flaps and if you did what are you doing...I need some hope!!

I'm measuring tomorrow...hopefully TOM will be over and I have great results!!

Last edited by jigglefree; 09-24-2010 at 03:48 PM.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 05:12 PM   #172  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

Jiggle- thanks! I've been right on plan for 2 days. Your doing great, before you know it, you will be trying to maintain. It's really tricky, I'm maintaining for over a year and still didn't figure it out.

Gained 4.6 lbs. all together. I hope it stops now, this is crazy. Had 1108 calories yesterday & 1080 today. Just not wanting any food that is processed, that stuff is poison to me. The scale has got me scared !
Old 09-24-2010, 06:04 PM   #173  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Hey girls, im dragging my butt these past few days. Haven't been on plan with my eating. I get like this sometimes? Its hard to explain...my DH says i just get tired of calorie counting and kinda blow up i guess it does make sense. I've been doing it for so long

Anyways, despite my eating i have still managed to get my workouts in. This morning i gave the weights a rest and just power walked 4miles. Tomorrow i will have to do a full body then Sunday will be cardio+core.

Jiggle-You made me feel so good just now. Thank You I always think of myself of 'not quite were i want to be' but i keep forgetting just how far ive come. I've still got flaps..there just a little smaller I've got some skin on my stomach and inner thighs from the weight loss.
The only thing that has helped with the toning for me is lifting heavy. I use free weights at home and workout to my dvd's. I work major muscle groups at lest 2x's a week. Here is an example of a workout i will be doing tomorrow In the past i have tried different ways of toning and this is the only thing my body response too. BTW- I LOVE cato's, haven't been in a while. High fives on your 14's there!!!

Hello to everyone. Im going to try and get back on track tomorrow and hopefully reach that new decade (169) by next sunday. Guys if you have any will power to spare, PLEASE send me some...thanks

Last edited by misspriss78; 09-24-2010 at 06:11 PM.
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:08 PM   #174  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlady View Post
Jiggle- thanks! I've been right on plan for 2 days. Your doing great, before you know it, you will be trying to maintain. It's really tricky, I'm maintaining for over a year and still didn't figure it out.

Gained 4.6 lbs. all together. I hope it stops now, this is crazy. Had 1108 calories yesterday & 1080 today. Just not wanting any food that is processed, that stuff is poison to me. The scale has got me scared !
I with ya on the processed food Fruitlady. My body blows up when i eat the stuff. Then when i do eat it I can't get enough I've got to get it out of my system. I will think really hard before eating anymore crap again
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:58 PM   #175  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

misspriss- Thanks, same here, I gain water weight super fast from that crap. It takes me two or three days to stop craving it once I eat it. What do they put in that stuff? Ice cream & chocolate is the worst!
Old 09-25-2010, 12:53 AM   #176  
Becoming my own dreamgirl

Can I play? I'm new here, and would love some accountability. I'm officially weighing in and starting tomorrow. I'd like to try to lose 5 pounds (from whatever my weight is tomorrow am) by Columbus Day. I think it's doable, because I'm just starting out. Other than weight loss, I'd like to drink at least 40 oz water a day and get the majority (80% or more) of my calories from veggies, fruit, beans, whole grains and nuts. And I'd like to work up to working out 5 times a week by Columbus Day. Oh! And I think I want to build in a healthy reward for just sticking to the water, food and exercise parts, even if I don't lose the weight.... but I'm not sure what that should be yet...
annabelle eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:02 AM   #177  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Thanks westernsoutherngirl~HUGS*~ LOVE YA! U MADE MY DAY GIRL!

Jiggle U made my day too girl.~those are a pair of my size 2 pants so I was so proud to post that pic Of me wearing them with a different top...I can't believe I can wear a freaking size 2!(never imagined in my wildest dreams...But I can now wear a size 2 in that brand which is New york & CO. & In Levis 515's(Which are the levis with like 2% spandex in them for a little stretch)~I aint really came across any other 2's yet to try on...They was yard sale finds as was that shirt I had on in that pic that I love too!
I got a whole new wardrobe the other day ~I went to a yard sale & bought $7.00 Worth of fabulous like new & new with tags items for fall/winter...They fit great so I went back the next day & they had a free sign out..On everything that didn't sell the next day & I dug in! ~I got 1000's of dollars of clothes for free & had to go clean out my closet & refill it with my new wardrobe...All fancy smancy stuff~Totally me!I love to dress up! I even got shoes & boots & stuff there I added it all when I got home & It was approx. 95.00 on the yard sale prices that I got for free. (And I got 2 pair of levis there Like new & 3 tops ~2 like new & 1 new with the tags~40.00 price tag with reciept stapled on it ~for price proof..For $7.00 the day before~So I got a ton of nice clothes new & Preowned in excellent condition ~I am so happy!~It will get me through the Fall/winter season cause all last years winter stuff was too big.Other than my coats still fit or most do.It was "one" of my happiest yard sale days to date cause it changed to a free sale! I prayed before I went I would get what Needed or the upcoming seasons to wear in my style with out spending a fortune ~just shows God Answers prayers.

Oh My goodness ~I AM SO SLEEPY ~MY NEW MEDS FOR ANXIETY~Are goofing me up totally with my sleep will ttyl.HUGS TO ALL!
Gotta get my hiny to bed I gotta make a big breakfast tomorrow.

Last edited by Lori259; 09-25-2010 at 01:04 AM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:53 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 330/264/150

hi everyone! I had a great workout today. And scales is still not being nice to me either. Gaining alot over night I think its water weight. Need to get it down before i go to the doctor on Oct 6.Calorie intake today was 910. I'm too going to go thru my closet this weekend. Some is too big and some are too small. Very few in between. One good thing i'm still focus, and motivated that i'm going to lose the weight. I'm reading the The Spark book right now hope to learn some more needed imformation. ok im tried so got to get to bed. Everyone have a great saturday.

challenge lose 5 lbs.
259.2-----254.2

330---------------259------------------------------------------------150

Last edited by bigmamatexas; 09-25-2010 at 01:54 AM.
bigmamatexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:22 AM   #179  
No more +sizes

Good morning ladies,
I'm pretty excited. I wish I had taken a picture of myself yesterday. Back in the early part of my journey I was working hard to get in a dress for my husband's birthday. Well I wore it yesterday and ROCKED IT!! I could wear it without a girdle and it didn't touch my body but it laid on the curves just right to show off my waistline and I had on my strapy shoes. Anywho, it felt so good to see myself in that dress and it fit so much better. I plan on keeping it for a while because my niece said she will take it up for me or I will just wear a belt with it.

So it's Saturday and we will be running errands. I want to take my daughter to the park and do some walking. I will go do my measurements and get dressed. I'll check in later this evening.

Lori and Misspriss - Glad I made you guys feel good because you both are great inspirations for me as I'm coming up behind you. Keep going. I'm looking forward to getting to a size 10. Depending on how it looks I may go to a size 8. I think the best thing for me right now is how cool it looks seeing the rolls of fat on my back go away.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:10 AM   #180  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

Thanks for the feedback on Zumba, ladies! I think I will try the videos at home first and maybe work my way into go to a real class. Way back in the day I used to go to the gym and also did Jazzercise (wow, I'm really dating myself here!) It was fun. Of course I was much yonger and had a much better body tho, lol. Right now I'm not so much worried about being the "fat" one as I am about my lack of rhythm, lol. If I can get some of the basics down first, I think I would feel better about doing it for "real."

Right now DH and my bro in law are putting together my new home gym, woo-hoo! Going to wait until tomorrow morning for my weekly WI. My wii fit is downstairs and I'm not weighing in in front of bro-in-law, ha! I feel good this week though, so I'm hoping the numbers reflect that. Just feel "thinner" this morning, in spite of my weekend cheat meal last night (Mexican...mmmmm.) Only went about 100 cals over for the whole day though, so not bad! Going to keep the rest of the weekend in check.

Jiggle: you're doing so awesome! You are a big inspiration to many of us!

Lori: look at you in a size 2! You go girl!

Annabelle: Welcome!

Priss: That looks like an intense workout! Now that I will have weights in my house, I plan to do more weight training too. Hoping to avoid some of the "skin" issues if I can! I'm a little nervous that the weight won't be coming off as quickly due to gaining muscle, but I just have to get over it!

Hope you all are having a fab weekend!

Last edited by NorthernExposure; 09-25-2010 at 09:11 AM.
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote