Old 08-15-2010, 08:20 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default No but for real, I think I'm stuck.

Okay I posted a few weeks ago about being stuck and then it moved a little and now I'm stuck again. I started calorie counting in the beginning of June and added in exercising (30 ds) about 3-4 times a week in the beginning of July. On July 28, I weighed in at 157, and I went back to 158, and I've stayed here. For almost 3 weeks. I've ranged back and forth between 158 and 159.

I'm eating between 1100-1400 calories a day and I work out usually about 3-4 days a week. It has been a little less this week because I've been sick.

Am I doing something wrong?
CTripp924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

At your weight, expect it to come off fairly slowly: a three week stall could easily be moderate weight loss masked by moderate water retention.

That said, how are you measuring? I know I am a broken record about this, but if you don't have a food scale, get one. $20 and they are much more accurate: volume measurements can easily be 15% off, and eyeballing is worse.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:13 PM   #3  

A lot of the stuff I eat is preportioned. I work at Starbucks, so I eat a lot of the chicken and hummus plates, at 250 calories, Santa Fe paninis at 400 calories, etc. I have access to that calorie info. At home I eat fruits, servings of whole wheat bread as toast for breakfast, and dinner is usually something frozen (I know, but we have limited access to a stove/oven) and those are all less than 400 as well.

I've read that it's possible that I'm allowing myself to overeat what I should because I'm working out... so I guess I can try to stick with my daily calories regardless of exercise. I guess I'll have to see.

Thanks for the reply
Old 08-16-2010, 07:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Are you eating enough? I started at 150 and eat 1600 a day with a pound a week weight loss (no exercise until this week, so that doesn't count). This last week I did gain back a pound or so....but I also went to cheesecake factory and the dessert was 1000 calories (and quite yummy)
charmtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

With all the prepared foods you are eating, sodium could be playing lots of games with your weight. Also, prepared foods can have something like 10-20% calories more than the label says, so you could be eating more calories than you think.

Is 30DS your only exercise? I say "only" lightly because I know it kicks my butt... but it is only 20 or 25 minutes, right? I would add in some lower-intensity, longer-duration exercise, like a brisk 30-minute walk. Short, intense workouts are great but it really helps to mix in some longer, lighter workouts.

OT: Starbucks is my dream job. Do you know how much joy you bring to people every day?
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:49 PM   #6  

Hah well, I don't know. Some people love us, some not so much. It is really nice because we do get a lot of the same faces in. And we have close relationships with some of the customers.

Anywho, I've actually paused with 30DS in favor of some running. I'm trying to jog/powerwalk for about 25 min, 3-4 days a week. And 2-3 days I want to add pilates back in. I was doing Pilates before, it relaxed me but I wanted something to make me sweat.

Anyway, sodium is possibly. I drink water fairly often, at work. But I suppose if I'm eating a lot of sodium it could be causing me to hold on to water weight?