Old 07-16-2010, 11:30 AM   #16  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knitsforfive View Post
This calorie counting, I mean. I am down 10 lbs. in 3 weeks, eating 1900-2100 calories a day and exercising daily.

This is how I lost a bunch of weight a few years back and I am so frustrated that I even considered stopping the calorie counting. Obviously, I cannot just manage my weight by watching what I eat -- or I wouldn't have gotten here in the first place.

But CC DOES work and I am in no way depriving myself. I work in 100-200 calories of dark chocolate daily to make sure I don't feel deprived. It's also what I bring to parties and social events so I have my own treat.

Anyway, second time CC to lose the weight I re-gained while not CC and get to goal and YES, I am convinced now that I will be CC for life!
It's awesome isn't it?? Getting started was the hardest part for me, but I find it so simple to continue because I am losing weight and not starving to do it!! Yeah calorie counting!!!
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:47 PM   #17  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
You're absolutely right, Eliana. All we need for weight loss is some free calorie counting software, measuring cups and a food scale, and a good pair of gym shoes. Where's the profit in that??

Our bodies count calories every day, even if we don't. Why not take control of that process? Not only does calorie counting work wonderfully well for weight loss, it works extraordinarily well for maintenance. It truly is that "lifestyle change" that we can sustain for the rest of our lives.

Sign me: eight plus years of maintenance and still counting calories every day!

Meg, what a gem this post is.

What a gift it is to be able to choose what I eat, how much, and, for me, when. I am delighted to be consciously choosing.

Thanks very much for writing this.

Best wishes to all!

Last edited by SilverLife; 07-16-2010 at 06:14 PM. Reason: spacing
SilverLife is offline   Reply With Quote