Old 07-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #1  
This is me!

S/C/G: 286.4/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 6"

Default How much weight have you lost, when did you start, and the hardest part?

Hi everyone, I just want to know everyone's progress, and even any goals met? How long did it take and what was the hardest part of it all? Post pictures I don't care!! Also, if you have any advice for beginners like me, feel free to opinionate!

My progress.... I started on June 26, 2010.... I currently made it past the first three days. To me that is progress because it is difficult for me to even start a diet. I have been trying to get this weight off since I have my daughter (3 years ago) I hope that calorie counting will be what works, because I have never attempted it before because so many people are like its too complicated or it does not work. So I guess I am ignoring everyone and getting back to the basics! I am on the path of change.
tonyaap20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

This year I started at 207, I am down to 191 , that is 16 pounds and I started 14 weeks ago,this past Sunday. Doing what they call real exercise is the hardest part ,I would rather do something fun where it will not seem like exercise.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

i started in april, around 215 and have lost around 40 pounds. so that's like.. 13 1/2 weeks. The hardest part has definitely been exercise, it was especially hard in the beginning when i was heavier.
therex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:02 PM   #4  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

I started at 275 at the beginning of Lent (mid-February) just giving up sweet treats, after Easter (early April) I started really focusing on eating strictly whole foods and being aware of my portions. The end of April I started counting calories faithfully. Every calorie, every day. I've lost 30 pounds since the beginning of May. I allow myself 1550 calories a day. Most days I eat more like 1300. A couple days I've gone over but never more than 2000.

Exercise - I walk about a mile a day (most days) with my dogs and play on the Wii Fit 3 to 5 days a week. So I'm not a heavy duty exerciser.

I'm finding it very easy.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:06 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I started July 21, 2008 @ 330 pounds

I have lost 158.5lbs to date

One of the hardest things for me was eating more times a day. I was use to eating one or two VERY LARGE (and very unhealthy) meals before and now I eat 6 "mini meals" a day.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:17 PM   #6  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

I've lost 52 pounds. I started in November of 2009...so about 7 months ago. I could have lost more and it's actually a little discouraging to see the time frame typed there, but I've gotten sidetracked quite a bit. I've fallen off the wagon more times than I care to admit...the whole month of April was a big binge. Live and learn though! I am still very proud of my progress.

The hardest part? This might sound obvious but...doing it when I just plain don't feel like it anymore. Once that initial motivation wears off, the pounds stop melting and flying and disappearing, it's hard for me to stay in the right mindset. I'm having more off days now as far as my mentality...but I keep doing it because I know it's working and it's gotten me this far...and to do otherwise spells disaster.
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

I just started today and your posts are very encouraging. I was on an airplane last summer and the guy sitting next to me (very fit) was starting to fidget. He told me he really needed to eat. He had lost weight by eating every couple of hours and only allowing himself sweets (drinks or food) on Sundays.

I also want to comment on Wii Fit. I have one but have not really gotten into it. I really like the yoga and the hoola hoop and some of the strength training. I just have not gotten into a routine. Would love to hear some thoughts on how to organize a routine (Wii or otherwise)

I am currently 150 and would love to be 130 by next summer. Seems to me that slow and steady may be the best way to go with weight loss. I simply eat too much, move too little and eat the wrong things.
charmtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #8  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmtime View Post
I also want to comment on Wii Fit. I have one but have not really gotten into it. I really like the yoga and the hoola hoop and some of the strength training. I just have not gotten into a routine. Would love to hear some thoughts on how to organize a routine (Wii or otherwise)
I upgraded to the Fit Plus - it has more cardio things to keep my interested plus it allows you to set up a regular routine with the yoga and strength exercises that flows nicely rather than all those pauses between exercises with the Fit. I enjoyed the Wii Fit but I LOVE the Fit Plus!
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

I heard it was only about 20 bucks. Sounds like I need to splurge. I know the stop/go of the Wii Fit frustrates me. I have a cheap elliptical that I put in front of the living room t.v. I just can't get motivated, you know?
charmtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

I started July 2, 2009. I have lost 126 pounds.

The most difficult part has been prioritizing the "grind" of it: always making sure I have on plan food available, even if it means getting up and getting clothes back on and going out to the grocery store at 9:00, or taking a lunch to an all day training session. Every single break in my routine, my first thoughts are "but what will I eat? When will I exercise?"

But those "hardest parts" haven't been too bad. Just always there.

My biggest advice is to plan, plan, plan, plan, plan, and find a plan that isn't horribly hard to stick to. It's MUCH MUCH MUCH better to eat 2000 calories a day for 365 days in a row than to eat 1200 calories a day for three months with "cheat days" every week or two; better to exercise for 20 minutes than to feel guilty about not exercising the hour you planned because you think you should be able to go that long.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

Height: 5'6"

WELCOME TONYA!!! Congrats on sticking with it this time!!! I can speak from experience that THIS SITE helps ALOT!!! The people here are really encouraging and very motivational! If you haven't already, you should think about joining a Calorie Counter challenge...we just started one this week... http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calo...challenge.html ...we have so much fun getting to know one another...cheering each other on...lifting each other up when we're down...and helping get back on the wagon when we fall off (BECAUSE WE ALL DO!!!)

Also, for pics & such of us fellow CC, check out this thread:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calo...se-weight.html

I have been CC since mid-Sept 2009 and have lost 1lb/week on average...yes there's been a few where I don't lose or maybe the scale is up a pound or 2, but by the end of the month, it averages to 1lb/wk...before CC I did WW and lost my first 25-30lbs...I love CC bc I can eat whatever I want...AS LONG AS IT'S IN MY CALORIE ALOTTMENT FOR THE DAY! so if I want cake, then I save calories for it...CC works if you stick with it and LOG EVERYTHING YOU PUT IN YOUR MOUTH! Measure/weigh everything! don't eyeball it (atleast, not til you've done it forever)...I have more indepth background in my blog (click link to the left) as well as pictures

The hardest thing for me has to be sticking w/it...staying OP when my WL has stalled...or my wt is up for NO reason whatsoever! But our bodies fluctuate from day to day depending on several factors and I have to remind myself that I'm OP and need to STAY OP & the weight will start dropping again!!

GOOD LUCK GIRL!!! Feel freel to PM me if you have any further questions!!

Last edited by KDM322; 07-06-2010 at 10:16 PM.
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 235/195/125

Height: 5'2

I started September 15, 2009 at 220 pounds and have lost about 62 pounds so far. The hardest part was believing I could actually lose the weight. I had tried so many diets and failed at them all so I honestly thought that maybe it wasn't possible for me to lose weight. I'm glad I was able to prove myself wrong!
Kimberly7467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:53 PM   #13  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

I started in 2006, I've lost 117 lbs total, but I only started actually calorie counting in January of this year and lost a little over 30 lbs since then. I'm not really sure what the hardest part is...I guess just staying patient. I've been at it for over 4 years and it's been a long ride, but it really all is just habit now which is awesome because that means I already know how to maintain
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:55 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

WOW! YOU ALL ARE AWESOME!
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:10 AM   #15  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

I started April 21, 2010 and have lost 24 pounds. The hardest part right now is remembering to drink water and to drink a lot of it. Also, I have a screwy TOM situation that is making me feel stuck! Oh, butI guess really the hardest part is exercising.
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote