Old 06-23-2010, 05:23 PM   #1  

Smile Doing It the Old Fashioned Way!

I am SO glad I found this forum. Out of all the diets I've ever tried in my life, I was most successful when I just limited calories. Period.

That's what I'm starting to do today. No South Beach, Weight Watchers, Atkins or anything else...Just lower the calories baby. I am using calorie points (not to be confused with Weight Watchers points) which makes it easier for me.

Glad to meet you all! Grace
gracefromabove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:30 PM   #2  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Grace! I'm totally convinced calorie counting is the way to go. What are calorie points and how do they work?
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/ticker/115

Height: 5'6

You go girl. You're right, just an equation of calories in and out. You can do it!
crimsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 243/233/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Me Too!!

I've tried every diet out there, but never thought about just watching how much food actually goes into my mouth!! With this, I've finally learned that you can eat and lose weight, you just can't eat everything all in the same day!! Good Luck Girl!!
RollTideRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:18 PM   #5  

Hi everyone, for many years I used a concept called Calorie Points. It's similar to Weight Watchers points only easier. With Weight Watchers points you have to look up calories, fat and fiber to get your points. Too much work for me. Calorie points is just a simple conversion of calories to points. Period.

I used this system long before Weight Watchers switched over to their point system. I still can't believe this concept never caught on. Most people don't even know what I'm talking about and think I'm doing the Weight Watchers program when I mention points!

Anyway, if anyone's interested I'll give you website I ordered my booklet from. This Calorie Point System has apparently been used by dieticians for many years...but no one's even heard of it!

Glad to meet you all. It's a relief to just junk all those crazy diets I've done over the last 20 years and go back to what really worked for me!!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

Welcome! Good Luck!
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 285/247/199

Height: 5'8

I wish you good luck.
candoanything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:26 AM   #8  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!

I have known since I was a teen that calorie counting was what works - eat less and move more. Seems so common sense. I have been frustrated by others over the years telling me I need to "do xyz" and I would say when I was ready to lose the weight I was going to count calories. They looked at me like I had 3 heads. Some people love to be on the bandwagon. I prefer what makes sense Good luck!!
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:01 PM   #9  

TXMary, yeah, if you're not doing South Beach, Weight Watchers, Atkins, Zone or any other popular diet, folks think you're not on the "right" diet!

Although frankly, when my husband gets back to work I might order Nutrisystem again, NOT because I follow their diet, but because I really enjoyed their vegetarian foods and the calories in their entrees are pretty low while the food is filling.

I enjoy doing it MY way. I guess we all have to find the system that works for us. Counting calories is simple and works. I was very successful at this over 20 years ago. If I had just stuck with it, could have saved myself many years of grief and money wasted on other plans.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:06 PM   #10  
Eat Small

S/C/G: 317/232/157

Height: 5' 6"

Sounds like you know what you need! That's great. I definitely believe calorie counting is the way to go. I counted calories for 8 months until my stalls were driving me crazy and I switched to counting calories and lowering my carbs. It'd helped me start losing again. Sometimes the body needs a little tweaking.

I have tried a lot of commercial diets but never cared for the exclusive club mentality they produce.
elisaannh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:17 PM   #11  

Height: 5'7

Hi and WELCOME!!! I would love to know more about this "calorie points" is there a website you can give me to look up more info on this?

Thank you!
mom2jjl07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:26 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 285(after pregnancy)/267/150

Height: 5'7"

I'd be interested to know the "calorie points" web site as well!
gerbies is offline   Reply With Quote