Old 06-02-2010, 12:35 PM   #61  

HOLY COW i totally missed Jdo's post about passing! WEEEEE! Grats girl!
ShylahEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:00 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 165/151/130

Height: 5'4

So glad I joined you ladies yesterday. I set my alarm an hour early to get up and do some walking this morning. Needless to say, I almost turned it off to get more sleep, and I actually thought about this challenge and it got me out of bed Got 2 miles in before work.

Krista - I'm from Chicago (suburbs), but have been in Nashville since 1997. You would think after this long I wouldn't feel like a yankee anymore
AJinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #63  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Two days into the challenge and I have decided to tweek the plan. I was thinking about what Susie said (putting away the 30DS for a while) I think I would go down in sizes if I did more cardio. I'm feeling muscle come through but I need to loose mass. So as I was walking on the treadmill at the incline interval and sweat beading down my face I realized I may need to change my focus a "little". So the tweek is more cardio and less toning...and sad to say less 30DS!!!! On a good note, I've had my two liters of water...more water, more water, more water!!!
Shylah - You are doing it. Are you sure you don't want to be next in line for the TSPs??!!!
Farn - Not sure about the pain but I do get random sore spots. I just keep it moving and eventually it goes away. Hopefully that's a good sign.
AJ - This group is addictive. I did my first challenge in March and haven't left. The excitement of seeing everyone making progress is so motivating.
Great job getting up and doing your workout ANYWAY!!!
Susie - You can do it. Maybe we were thinking the same thing at the same time. It seems like there should be more progress than there is... So have fun preparing for your cruise!!
Miss Mae - Work at YOUR pace...that's the beauty of this site and this thread...Do what works for you.

Last edited by jigglefree; 06-02-2010 at 02:02 PM.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:33 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 140/138/128

Height: 5'1"

Hi Ladies,
I'm new to 3FC, but I've done diet blogs in the past with much success and laughter along the way.
I was happy to find other July 4th goalers and looking forward to hearing your stories and successes!

My plan is 2lbs/wk. 10 lbs. from Memorial day to the 4th. I"m 49 years old
and 5'1". I have always tracked my ups and downs and looking for support.
Let's see, just to introduce my life in pounds. LOL
I sit at a desk for work.
My Lowest maintained weight was 98-105lbs in 1998-2001.
Highest weight was 168 in 2002 with baby. Afterward, stayed around 150 for a few years. Within the last two years my lowest was 130lbs. Started this diet round at 140lbs.
I can readily do 1 lb./week with just dieting. 2lbs is really going to require some effort and exercise. Nothing ventured- Nothing gained!
Slimz
Slimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:35 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 140/138/128

Height: 5'1"

Default Week 1 - 4th of July Challenge

Hi Ladies,
I'm new to 3FC, but I've done diet blogs in the past with much success and laughter along the way.
I was happy to find other July 4th goalers and looking forward to hearing your stories and successes!
I"m 49 years old and 5'1".

My plan is 2lbs/wk. 10 lbs. from Memorial day to the 4th. I
I have always tracked my ups and downs and looking for support.
Let's see, just to introduce my life in pounds. LOL
I sit at a desk for work.
My lowest maintained weight was 98-105lbs in 1998-2001.
Highest weight was 168 in 2002 with baby. Afterward, stayed around 150 for a few years. Within the last two years my lowest was 130lbs. Started this diet round at 140lbs.
I can readily do 1 lb./week with just dieting. 2lbs is really going to require some effort and exercise. Nothing ventured- Nothing gained!
Slimz
Slimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:26 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 238/215/160

Height: 5'7"

My goals are:

*Walk on the treadmill at least 4 days a week.
*Be disciplined at writing down everything I eat.
*Avoid binges.
Twiddlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 270/208.6/165 (HW285)

Height: 6'

Shylah~ good job on the C25K
Jiggle~ I hope you aren't getting sick.
Welcome to the new people!

I had a nice walk around the neighborhood yesterday. I am trying to decide if I want to do that again today or head to the track.

Hope everyone has a great day!
mkyice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:15 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 198.6/148/120

Height: 5'3"

I just came to say hi before going to the swim.
I'm more positive about my trip, now I think that it will be great!
aluxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:56 PM   #69  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

It was a nice here so i really enjoyed my walk/run today, I was out for 54 min. I stayed on track all day and had no cravings for once. I had 1040 cal. today, so I should be seeing a weight loss soon I hope.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #70  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Good morning ladies. It's bright and sunny here in SK and I actually feel like I'm in a really good mood today. Might be because I only have 27 days until I'm home for my visit in the USA. Woohoo!

I'm back on track with my food and exercise after the bf's birthday dinners and such this past weekend. I went to the gym yesterday, which I was proud of myself for doing after my trainer canceled my session. Before I would have just not gone at all. But yesterday day I went, had the gym all to myself and I totally killed it! I sweat large buckets yesterday! I hit the bicycle at 20 mph for 30 minutes, 15 mins on the treadmill at 5speed, 10 mins on the elliptical (shocked! It was my first time trying it.), and then 15 mins strength training. I felt great afterwards. Hoping it becomes a habit. I'm going to drop the personal trainer for this next month. I can't spend the $250 for the month when I really feel like if I just spend $50 and hit the gym on my own everyday I can accomplish something good for the month before I head back to Arizona.

Anyways, that's my book for the day. Haha! Have a great one everybody!
shan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #71  

i'm sitting here with a mild headache, debating on not working out tonight. must, get, some, strength!

shan - great job at the gym. you're making it hard on me justifying taking the night off
ShylahEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:40 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 165/151/130

Height: 5'4

I came home after a stressful day and felt like I was on the track for an evening of mindless eating. Sat down to check in here and I'm over it!! That's the second time today that just being a part of this challenge helped me. Thank you all so much for your posts! Helps me keep it together.

If you feel like cheating tonight (or morning for some of you), be strong. It will pass.

We can do this
AJinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:36 PM   #73  
Miss October

S/C/G: 153/116.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Good evening ladies!

AJ- That's awesome! It's wonderful what a little support can do.

Shylah- You can do it! Maybe exercise will help. Or take something for it, drink plenty of water, and just do the exercise you can handle. Anything is better than nothing!

Shan- That's really inspiring! Wonderful job kicking it up and getting OP!

Fruitlady- Glad to hear you got some good exercise in and had no cravings. I need to start going for more walks (heh, no running for me though) to mix it up a bit.

Jiggle- Sounds like a good idea! I have to start coming up with new ideas for exercise as well.

Everyone else: Welcome and 'grats for staying on plan!

I had a rotten day today. I had planned on waking up at 6, but that's always tough on my day off. I ended up sleeping in until 8 and decided I would hold off on my exercise until later in the day because I really missed just waking up and getting a hot cup of coffee instead of just jumping into cardio, haha.

I had a fried egg with reduced fat cheese on a hamburger bun for breakfast- I could've been a little bit better about that! It wasn't so bad calorie wise and I haven't had an egg in a while.

Then I lazed around the house for a bit, not doing much of anything (light cleaning) and finally got outside to pot some flowers and do some gardening and mowing. I then went to a local greenhouse with my mother and family friend which ended up becoming a trip to the ice cream shop that's one house down from me. UH-OH! It was hot out and I hadn't had anything to eat, so you guessed it...I had an ice cream. But, I got a small in a dish instead of a cone so I'm not too disappointed.

I just finished my exercise about a half an hour ago and I really pushed it. Now, I'm sitting down to a dinner of greek yogurt and skim milk.

I'm WAY under calories for today, but my stomach just feels off after the ice cream- I'd love to eat more, but I don't think I can stomach it.

Ah well, I'll be OP tomorrow, for sure! I'm staying away from the scale until Friday, though, haha!
CorinneIrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:01 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 270/208.6/165 (HW285)

Height: 6'

It is a nice day here in Japan, very sunny. I'm glad I got my exercise in this morning 'cause it's going to be too hot to do it in the middle of the afternoon. I went to the track. I achieved a new personal high for longest time and distance jogging (.75mi and 12min45sec) without stopping. It was really slow, but I'll worry about speed later. I walked some before and after the jogging. Now I have to tackle some housework. I hope everyone has a great day.
mkyice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:09 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 229/SeeTicker/155

Height: 5' 9"

Hey girlies ... Just checking in during the first intermission of the Flyers/Black Hawks game. I've been pretty good today ... about 1400 calories, and trying to hold it at that today, as I bumped 2000 yesterday!

CorinneIrene, don't sweat the ice cream. You did it in moderation, and in "normal non-diet life", that's the key, isn't it? Your breakfast sounds delicious, and gave you a good protein boost to start your day. I will often fry an egg in a teaspoon of butter, and make some kind of lower-cal sandwich with it. I feel better when I have some real protein in the morning ... seem not to be as hungry the rest of the day.

AJinTn, this is a very inspiring group, isn't it? I'm so glad we've all found each other and can cheer each other on!

aluxa, I LOVE your Miss Piggy avatar ... so cute! I know your trip back to the USA is going to be amazing ...

Thanks again for all your congrats on my 46th anniversary coming up on July 4th. It IS pretty unbelievable that we can still stand each other ...

To everyone ... keep up the good work! Everyone's doing great ... let's all have a good tomorrow!

Game coming back on ... Go Hawks! (Normally, I'm a Hurricanes fan, but I've adopted the Hawks since we didn't make the party!)

Last edited by babenwaiting; 06-02-2010 at 09:54 PM.
babenwaiting is offline   Reply With Quote