Old 04-22-2010, 09:41 AM   #31  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

I like to keep my meals around 400 each so that I can play around with snacks the rest of the day. Because I am Type 2 diabetic I need to eat more frequently.
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:08 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 327/293/125

Height: 5'5"

I track online with fitday. Each day counted between midnight and midnight, no matter what time I am awake. (hubby works nights on weekdays and days on weekends. If I don't stick to his schedule, I don't get to see him much.) Everything but water gets counted, including a multivitamin. As long as I have burned more calories than I have taken in, it's a good day. As for a carb/fat/protein balance, I try for 40/30/30, but have not had any luck. Always end up with carbs and fats too high, and not enough protein. I like being able to look at averages and histories and see if any trends are forming that I can change. I've been doing it for about a month now, and have lost almost 10 pounds.
christinesefton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:52 AM   #33  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

I like this thread, it's interesting to see what other people are doing.

I have a little calendar that I keep in my purse where I write down everything that I eat. I mark my weight and total calories in there too. In the back in the notes section, I have lists of things I can eat and how many calories they are at fast food places and restaurants that we frequent, so that I always know what I can eat and I don't have to be the diety girl. (I spend most of my time with 3 college boys.) I also keep calories counts for wine and beers that I like, margaritas, etc, so I can plan for nights we go out, again, without being diety girl.
I eat 3 meals a day, and I get 1 or 2 snacks, and normally, dessert. I keep a high number of calories for dinner so that I can eat what everyone else is eating. I cook dinner probably 4 out of 7 days, so I can manage the calorie counts and know my serving sizes, and the boys will never know the difference.
I stay between 1250 and 1500, usually with a daily goal of 1350, but mostly a weekly goal of under 10000.
I don't eat back exercise calories - I consider that a seperate deal. In fact, I try not to even look at the calorie counter thing on the treadmill or bike and set different exercise goals every month.
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:09 PM   #34  

S/C/G: (HW=174)154/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I keep track of my calories on my iPhone with LoseIt. I eat back lots of my workout calories, but I try to underestimate how much I work out to be sure. I also try to save up calories for when I will be with friends, and always eat at least 1200 calories, if not more. I shoot for 1350-ish/day, not counting workouts. In general, if I have the calories for it, I'll eat it. If I am out to eat and can't find a calorie count, I put in all the ingredients I think are there, then add a tablespoon of oil (or two) on my phone for good measure. It's been working so far.

I feel more full if I can up the protein and fat (I shoot for 20% of my calories from each, a little more from protein if I can manage. I eat a very minimal amount of meat.) I eat the same thing every day for a week. Usually oatmeal for breakfast, some soup or other vegetarian dish for lunch with fruit and maybe a yogurt, then a huge salad of some sort for dinner.

In the last six weeks I have lost 5 pounds. I have recently started weight lifting to go along with my running in hopes of building muscle to make myself more efficient and stronger.
RunnerChemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:08 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerChemist View Post
If I am out to eat and can't find a calorie count, I put in all the ingredients I think are there, then add a tablespoon of oil (or two) on my phone for good measure.
I do this too to account for heavier fat restaurant cooking. I think sometimes I might be overestimating, but I would rather do that than not account for it.
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:35 PM   #36  
Rawr!

S/C/G: 210/122.2/130

Height: 5'2"-5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerChemist View Post
If I am out to eat and can't find a calorie count, I put in all the ingredients I think are there, then add a tablespoon of oil (or two) on my phone for good measure. It's been working so far.
This is a really good idea. I never thought about it. Thank you! I love this site, you learn such great new things all the time!
MeowMix is offline   Reply With Quote