3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   List 400 calorie or less breakfast ideas (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/195691-list-400-calorie-less-breakfast-ideas.html)

MugCanDoIt 04-30-2015 05:04 PM

Low carb AND low calorie breakfast: saute kale and mushrooms, or summer squash, zucchini and mushrooms, scramble one egg and 3 egg whites, combine, and have one cup of Silk Cashew Milk. Yummy and Filling!

ShadyLove 05-02-2015 02:58 PM

Great Value - Crunchy Honey Oats With Almonds Cereal, 3/4 cup (31g) 130
Light & Fit Yogurt - Dannon - Vanilla, 8 oz. 80
Smuckers Strawberry - Jam, 1 tbsp 50
Add Food 260

Esofia 05-02-2015 03:48 PM

1 slice sourdough bread, say made with brown flour and walnuts (I vary the recipe)
Margarine
Glass of Nuun electrolyte drink
Cup of decaf tea with soya milk (spot the vegan)

About 200 cal. I finally put all the ingredients for my bread into MyFitnessPal today and found that it came out as 20 cal less than I'd guessed, so I might go for peanut butter now and again instead of marg. Actually, technically it's not margarine, it's Pure soya spread.

When I was making yeasted bread I'd have two slices, but I find sourdough so much more filling that one will do. How on earth can anyone create a slice of bread for 35 calories? What do they put in it, and can it possibly taste nice and be filling? I am intrigued! Though not enticed, as I suspect it's like Ryvita, which I hate.

I rather like porridge but don't have the energy to make it. It only recently occurred to me that since my support workers or partner are bringing me breakfast, they could make it. But then what would I do with that lovely loaf of bread I made! I should try letting the bread run out for a day and having porridge now and again, it's nice stuff. When I make porridge, I use

3 tbsp rolled oats (actually it's the larger cutlery spoons, so that's probably less)
Half soya milk and half water
Pinch of salt
A bit of soya milk on top

It's only a small amount, I don't need a large breakfast. I've been known to put some chopped dates in there if I fancy something sweet.

Some years ago I was on a gluten free diet, and then I would make congee (rice porridge). That involved a mixture of two parts Thai jasmine rice to one part quinoa flakes, simmered for half an hour (I think) with water and some frozen veg, typically edamame beans, carrots and savoy cabbage. Then I'd season it with a bit of toasted sesame oil and some sesame seeds, sometimes a dash of soy sauce, sometimes a bit of ginger purée that went in at the start. I wasn't counting calories back then but my guess would be about 300. Actually, that was dead tasty, I should go back to making it some time. It was nice comfort food.

mummycare123 10-19-2015 03:02 AM

I had 2 jumbo boiled eggs and a very large grapefruit for breakfast. 280 to 300 calories.

sammysummer 01-18-2016 04:51 PM

Roasted Veggies With Easy Fried Egg

Ingredients

For the roasted veggies:
1/2 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
2 small heads broccoli, cut into florets
1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Juice of 1/2 lemon

For the fried egg:
Canola oil spray
1 egg
Pinch of paprika, optional
Dash of hot sauce, optional
Directions

Preheat oven to 400ºF.
In a large bowl, toss cauliflower and broccoli florets in extra-virgin olive oil. Then add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, and mix well.
Spread out your veggies on a baking sheet, and give all the florets a good squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Roast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, occasionally shaking the pan.
Once your veggies have roasted for 10 to 12 minutes, heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, and give it a good spray of canola oil. Crack your egg in the skillet, and cook for about three minutes until the yolk is slightly set.
Remove your veggies from the oven, and slide them into a shallow plate or bowl.
Flip your egg, and cook for an additional 30 seconds to a minute. Keep the cook time shorter if you like a runny egg!
Carefully slide your cooked egg on top of your veggies, sprinkle with paprika, and eat up.

Source: Calorie Count
Information

Category
Breakfast/Brunch
Yield
1 serving

Nutrition

Calories per serving

Yamfoot 02-17-2016 07:15 PM

A smoothie, or a tin of sardines with half a grapefruit

Lucky1456 01-16-2018 11:53 PM

I like to have boiled eggs and sometimes some greek yogurt for breakfast. Seems to work pretty good.

Lucky1456 01-16-2018 11:55 PM

Some good ideas ill have to try dome out.

emilygroni 01-20-2018 06:41 AM

I eat 2 egg whites and one carrot for breakfast.

Emily45 02-02-2018 04:43 PM

I have a small bowl of cereal with sliced banana

Sundove 02-03-2018 10:22 AM

Bump

sanym111 04-07-2018 01:22 PM

27 Healthy Breakfasts Under 400 Calories For When You're In A...
Avocado Toast. Share On Facebook Share. ...
Vegan Chocolate and Banana Chia Pudding. Share On Facebook Share. ...
Herbed Ricotta & Tomato Toast. Share On Facebook Share. ...
Berry Beautiful Overnight Oats. ...
PB and J Yogurt Parfait. ...
Egg and Vegetable Breakfast Sandwich. ...
Waffle PBJ-Wich. ...
Ham, Egg, and Avocado Breakfast Burrito.

sarahharvey 09-06-2018 02:58 AM

Well, I think Keto diet is a better option to lose weight by eliminating sugar intake from food.

zlinky 11-30-2018 06:25 PM

hmm

dont114 01-30-2019 08:40 PM

I prefer eating only Egg-white on a little oil to cover my protein in-take.
It also makes you full.