3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   List 400 calorie or less breakfast ideas (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/195691-list-400-calorie-less-breakfast-ideas.html)

Aldergrove BC 04-24-2012 03:24 PM

Kamut Puffs Cereal with Skim Milk and a cut up banana all sprinkled with a lil Splenda.

Nature's Path Kamut Puffs = 50 cals per cup
Skim Milk = 85 cals per cup
Banana = 100 cals per medium banana
Splenda = 0

http://www.naturespath.com/products/...ls/kamut-puffs

FattyFatFat 05-05-2012 01:06 PM

^ You should try Stevia instead of Splenda. Taste way better and one little drop flavors the whole thing (liquid form, highly concentrated) and stevia actually is good for many things, including your teeth.

PaintedButterfly 05-08-2012 09:46 AM

I need my protein and fat in a morning to function so this is my new breakfast:

Croque Madame with Spinach

1 large handful spinach (7)
2 slices wafer thin chicken (36)
40g cheddar cheese finely grated (161)
1 tsp mustard (11)
1 medium poached egg (74)
1 slice seeded bread toasted (127)

Total: 416 calories
24g fat, 21g carb, 29g protein

Thoroughly wash spinach, then with the water still stuck to the leaves wilt in a pan over a low heat.
Spread mustard on toast, then place spinach on top, then layer with the chicken and cheese with the top layer being cheese.
Grill until top is golden and bubbling then top with poached egg and enjoy :D.

Oh and tip for poaching eggs: You need REALLY fresh eggs.. most supermarket eggs aren't that fresh.. I get them from my own chickens but failing that, drop them in water, if they stand up at all and don't lie completely flat on the bottom they're okay to eat but they won't poach well.
Don't bother with vinegar or anything like that- you don't need that.
Bring a deep pan of water to a rolling boil, swirl fast with a stirrer then crack the egg right into the centre of the swirl. Lower the heat so it's a gentler boil then set a timer and cook for 3 minutes (for a medium to large egg) then remove immediately. This will get you a perfectly soft yolk poached egg.

jessica2231 05-09-2012 09:22 AM

240 cal breakfast

my favorite meal for breakfast right now. Is Split Pea Soup from SProuts.

Its 240cals for the large cup of soup.
It has Barley in it too!

Dr. McDougalls Split Pea Soup with Barley! Try it out!

zazpa 05-22-2012 04:44 PM

OK Breakfast!
bread (natures own honey wheat bread)...70
egg (grade A Egg-land Natural)...............80
mozzarella (the good stuff!)...................80
tomato (red, slice)................................11
if you have a sweet tooth but that on one half of the bread and on the other half spread some..
HEB More Fruit Four Berry Fruit Spread....30

TOTAL...271cal

For the italian carb lovers...

Intotouch 05-30-2012 04:22 PM

French Toast with Honey (2 slices = 250kcal) or honey and banana (300kcal)

I use 2 slices of whole grain bread, 50kcal per slice bread.
Beat 1 egg + 1 egg white (makes enough for two mornings)
Add cinnamon for taste if you like it
Heat pan and spray lightly with one kcal spray (have it hot but not hottest)
dip the bread in the egg mix so that both sides are coated.
Fry one side, not moving the bread around, flip and do the other.
Add some honey for taste.

It also tastes great with banana or strawberries. You can make savoury toppings too. It's filling and tasty and really fast to make.

VioletRain 05-30-2012 05:38 PM

3 White Egg Omelet (51 cal) with 2Tablespoon Old El Paso Mild Chunky Salsa(10cal) 62Cal in total
you can add 2 big Rye crackers if you think you will still be hungry (70cal for 2)

with crackers total comes to: 132

Mollewogg 05-30-2012 09:00 PM

Bagel Thin Breakfast Sandwhiches from Einstein Bagels are under 300 calories :)

DominiquedelMer 06-13-2012 05:29 PM

• 1/3 cup water
  • pinch salt
  • 1/4 cup oats [75 cal]
  • 1/4 oz raisins and candied ginger [30 cal]
  • 1/8 c skim milk [15 cal]
  • 1/8 c applesauce [12 cal]

In a small pan, bring 1/3 cup water to a boil, then add the oatmeal, raisins, salt and candied ginger. Stir constantly, or the oatmeal will stick to the bottom of the pan.

Serve the oatmeal with the milk and applesauce poured over it. 132 calories and all of it tasty.

KerriLeah 07-05-2012 06:00 PM

This is my daily fix... I change it up on the weekends but M-F:
1 large egg= 70
1 whole wheat orowheat english muffin= 150
1 slice of reduced fat provolone cheese= 50

Total 270 calories, including a healthy shake of black pepper, my condiment of choice.

I use a microwave egg poacher for this. It works fantastically, and I get my breakfast sandwich fix. I love Whataburger (out here in Texas, not sure if it goes beyond here) Breakfast on a Bun (BOB) with sausage egg and cheese on a little white bun. This is my alternative and is pretty tasty!

Mer du Japon 07-15-2012 11:32 PM

1-2 pieces whole wheat toast with 1 laughing cow light Swiss cheese wedge spread on it, and walnut quinoa granola sprinkled on top

English muffin with laughing cow cheese

English muffin with egg whites and hot sauce

Greek yogurt with honey and walnut quinoa granola

Half a banana thinly sliced on a corn tortilla with almond butter spread on it and cinnamon sprinkled on top

Wheat toast with non fat cream cheese spread on it topped with a few slices of a fuji apple and walnuts

Mollewogg 07-31-2012 08:12 AM

This is an easy way to enjoy steel cut oats for breakfast. It's very filling and if you split it into three servings (it's good reheated if you are careful not to microwave it too long), it's about 315 calories per serving.

1 1/4 cup steel cut oats (750 calories - remember you are making 3 servings)
1 1/2 cups water (0 calores)
1 banana (~100 calories depending on size/weight)
1 tablespoon craisins (about 1/4 cup is 100 calories - I used the 100 calorie packs from Ocean Spray)

1. The night before, throw the water, craisins and then the steel cut oats into your blender. Let them sit overnight.

2. In the morning, start your blender. While the water and oats are blending, chop the banana and then add it to the blender, too.

3. Continue blending until the oatmeal is a nice, smooth texture.

4. Eat! I love to top this oatmeal with a sprinkle of cinnamon. This recipe for oatmeal makes for a very filling breakfast. And you can substitute any type of fruit you want!

scout83 08-07-2012 03:02 PM

Lately, I've been having two soft-boiled eggs, each set on top half of an English muffin, each side spread w/half a wedge of Light Laughing Cow cheese. Delicious goodness.

I was inspired by a post on Beth's Journey (a personal weight loss blog I read) and added the Laughing Cow as it is a great stand by for me. Anyway, 2 eggs + English muffin + Light Laughing Cow cheese = 400 calories. (Sometimes I'll throw some tomato on the plate...)

mccull83 08-22-2012 12:32 PM

Spray Pam in a wide/short mug, whisk (with a fork) 3 egg whites (17calories each) and pepper/salt. Cover with surran wrap but leave a small vent and microwave for 1 minute. Stab with fork a couple times, flip the egg in the mug and microwave for another 1 minute. Add 1/8cup shredded cheese (55calories) and microwave for another 30seconds. Take out and place on bottom half of a small steak bun toasted (100 calories). Eat with a fork and knife.= 206 calories
I love this! Sometimes I put more like 1/4 cup cheese on it (you could probably add veggies/tomatoes, etc. too)

lorman 09-15-2012 07:37 PM

I am not a big breakfast eater so usually I do one of these two things....

Quaker instant oatmeal with a tad bit of Splenda Brown sugar
1 banana

or

lowfat strawberry yogurt
1/4 cup quaker granola for crunch
1 banana