Old 02-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

Default Switching it up!

At this time I count my calories. And previous to this past week I have been doing good. But since Monday the 15th about two weeks now I have not lost anything. I am wondering if my body is getting use to all the foods I eat and I dunno doesn't want to budge.

Has anyone changed their diet when it slows down? I have been on Atkins before and I lost weight on it easily, I just didn't like that you were so limited in what you could eat. But I was thinking about doing Atkins for like 1-2 weeks, just to kind of reset my body and hopefully that will jump start my weight loss again! What do you guys think?
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:51 PM   #2  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Plateaus are normal with calorie counting. After about 3 days (or so I've heard) your metabolism begins to slow down and gets used to that intake so to speak. I wouldn't recommend switching diets (this is what can contribute to yo-yo dieting), but what I would recommend is doing some research on zig zagging or incorporating an occassional high calorie day to "trick" your metabolism into continuing to work. The concept behind zig zagging is that your weekly calorie budget stays the same, but your daily budget changes and your metabolism has to keep guessing and this may help with the plateau. The key to long term success is just sticking to it and knowing that it didn't take 2 weeks to put on the lbs so it won't take 2 weeks to take it off. Heck...I've been at this for 4 years (granted I had a baby in there)! But it just takes time and there are going to be weeks (especially during TOM) where the weight loss just slows down. It also slows down the more you lose because your body just needs less cals. How's your exercise? It may also be time to kick that up a notch. Good luck you're doing great!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

I have a personal trainer and I have been working out with him about 3x a week and I probably go to gym on my own atleast 4 or 5x a week. Right now I am in a Biggest Loser Competition in my hometown. So I was provided the personal trainer for free, and I get a nutritionist as well in about two weeks, I haven't met her yet though.

I think my biggest problem is now that I have started eating less junk, all of the sudden it's really hard for me to eat several times a day because I get full so fast. My trainer said to eat 5 small meals a day, don't eat after 7PM and drink 8 glasses of water. But I get so full fast I forget about snacks. I usually only eat 2-3x a day, and I just don't feel hungry. Sometimes I only get about 1,000 calories in. I don't want to eat mass more though, feel super stuffed and maybe gain, but I guess I need to play with the numbers and I know 1,000 calories and working out as much as I have been probably is even healthy.
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:24 AM   #4  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

It sounds like you aren't eating enough and your metabolism is slowing down. You have to give your body more to burn so it will continue to work.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:39 AM   #5  

Your workout routine looks great! Your eating does not. I know you mentioned your not hungry, but you really need to fit 2 snacks inbetween your meals, and 1,000 calories is too low. You should be eating at least 1,500. You need to fuel your body.
JackiG is offline   Reply With Quote