Old 02-02-2010, 09:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/130/125

Height: 5'4" 42 years old

Default Sharing experience about +/- lb.

Hi there, just want to share some experience with ladies who panicking and getting discourage when scale stale or showing increase in weight , even though you do all the right things for weight loss.

Jan 18: I weighted 135 lb.
Feb 1: I was 131 lb.
Yesterday I was very busy to cook lunch and dinner and just had pre-cooked / frozen meal (rice with chicken) for dinner, plus 3 pickles in the afternoon, plus I had caned soup at work for lunch, plus I had small salad with “Caesar” dressing….my total for the day was 1,050 cal and I only had 1.5 L of water instead of my usual 3 L.

Result: today in the morning I was 135 lb!!! 4 lb gained overnight!!!

If I would weight myself only ones per week or every 2 weeks and had high sodium food on previous night, like I did, I would assume that over 2 weeks, after doing everything right, I didn’t loose a single pound?! That would discourage me for sure!!!

#1 I am happy I check my weight every day, so when I see this ups on the scale I know that I have to double my water intake, watch very carefully sodium on the label for few days and do not be upset over extra 4 lb.

#2 Salts is not my friend when it comes to loosing weight and I have to stay away from frozen food or caned soups.
onthedietagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/169.5/135

Height: 5'2

Weighing yourself daily works for some people, but not for me! I try and only weigh myself once a week since I fluctuate so much throughout the day. In order to not discourage myself I make myself wait, and the reward always feels better the scale is lower than the last time I stepped on it

How does the zig zagging work for you?
withlovealone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/130/125

Height: 5'4" 42 years old

Love zig zagging! It works for me the best because I am very busy from Mon – Fri and don’t really have time to miss food, and I love to eat, I have very healthy appetite.

Then during the weekend I can relax and have my “Merlot” and some extra chicken wing or few potato chips (can’t leave without them to be honest!). Somehow it increases my mood and I don’t feel sorry for myself that I am on the diet and can’t eat this and that.

Winter, cold, dark, diet, have to run on treadmill (don’t enjoy this activity)…isn’t it depressing? Yes it is for me, so I have to have time off on weekends to cheer up!
onthedietagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

If I weigh daily, it can trigger some more obsessive behaviors that I have trouble with. I weigh Monday mornings, which is a problem if I misbehave over the weekend - which is the only time I would really misbehave. I am going to weigh on Wednesday morning this week as well, and see if I did or did not lose last week. As of Monday, I didn't - but I had some big bloat factors going, two out of three being my own booze-swilling chips-scarfing fault.
I find once or twice a week works best for me. However, the beauty of it is - you have found what works best for YOU! HUZZAH!!!
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

I have found the same experiences to be true for me. Daily weighing and calorie accounting keeps me honest.
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen925 View Post
I have found the same experiences to be true for me. Daily weighing and calorie accounting keeps me honest.
Yep! Same as me!
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:05 AM   #7  

Same here!!
L.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:32 AM   #8  
Artsy Fartsy Girl

S/C/G: 268/226/185

Height: 5'6"

I do weigh myself every day, but sometimes it does drive me nuts. For some reason this month's period has led to my not shedding a pound for 10 days now, and today I'm even up 2 pounds, but I know I've been fine with my calories, and I have every confidence that three days from now I'll be down again.

I think if I didn't weigh every day, I'd get dishonest with myself.

There are maybe three or four days a month where I get "good news" and the rest is all plateau or up a couple.

Weight loss is like that old "Bunny Hop" dance. Two hops backward, three hops forward.
dolphinea is offline   Reply With Quote