How many calories and what is your weight?

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • 35 year old female
    219 lbs
    1200 calories
    I lost about 2 lbs a week. It's too early to tell. My first week was a loss of about 10 lbs.
  • I'm actually surprised that I'm losing about 4 lbs/week. It sounds like a lot but I am so heavy that on my frame, 15 lbs/month is more like 7 lbs/month on a lighter person.
  • Howdy,

Woman
    47 yrs
    1300 cal
    179 #
    lost 13# in 2 months
    1.6#/wk which is target for 1-2#/wk

If I know I am having eating challenges, I have 4 this week, then I eat lower to compensate for the higher/unexpected calories. 1 Gala, 2 parties, and 1 Mexican breakfast with home made tortillas. I want to enjoy this events so it helps to have a few extra calories to work with. But for the week, 1300. I am switching from Linux to Mac after the first of the year and hope to have my data more organized.

Karen
  • I am:

- Female
    - 21 yrs
    - I try to keep it between 1100-1300...if I have a 1500cal day once or twice a week, it doesn't worry me too much as long as it's "healthy" calories
    - 172lbs
    - lost 11lbs in 1 month
    - I average about 1.5lbs/week

In the short time that I've been dieting, I've had the best results with shifting calories. Eat 1100 one day, 1400 the next day, 1200, 1300, 1100, etc. This way, my body doesn't have a chance to adjust. The one week that I ate 1100 everyday, I only lost .8lbs. The week that I lost the most (2.3lbs), I did the alternating. The weeks that I ate right around 1200 each day, I gained about 1.5.

That's just what I've observed so far...I haven't been dieting long enough to make out any clear trends.
  • ~ female
    ~ 23 years old
    ~ 1200 calories - 1300 calories
    ~ aim for 30 min - 45 min exercise a day

first month - 12 lbs
    second month - 8 lbs
    first week of 3rd month - 6 lbs so far lol

= 26 lbs since 10/5/09

had 1 week not OP last week of 2nd month hence the 8 lbs loss instead of 10

on average I've been losing 2-4 lbs a week~
  • 5'4". 19. I try to stay between 1200 and 1600. Results have been sucky lately...but still trying and will keep trying to lose this extra weight!
  • Ive always tried to take in about 1500 and Im 256. I am just now getting back on track though.
  • *Female 5'4
    *25 yrs old
    *Mother of 2
    *1300-1800 calories a day
    *1 hr of cardio 5-6 times a week. I usually do 20 mins of walk/run with hills, then elliptical 20 mins, and then the upright stationary bike for 20 mins. the bike is a great workout because it gets my heart rate up and is making my legs hard but I always make sure to have a extra thick towel folded under my butt so that my butt doesn't get sore from the hard seat lol
    *30 mins of weight lifting 2-3 times a week. I tend to focus on arms, abs, and legs in no paticular order
    *Im using sparkpeople
    *My scale said 218.2 today but weigh in is not till the 18th
  • I'm 187 lb and I eat ~1800 cal/day.

I work on the theory that as long as I'm still losing I'm going to eat as much as I can, because then I've got wiggle room to decrease, and I'm fuller and more satisfied.

Having said that, I pretty much just eat whole foods, so I'm not sure if that allows me to eat more calories, or I'm just lucky!
  • About me -

43 years old
    Mother of 5
    5 foot 9 inches
    1300 - 1500 calories a day
    Gym rat 4 - 5 times a week
    ---strength training (45 minutes) and cardio (running)
    Losing around 1 lb a week.

Although, when I started heavy lifting with the personal trainer, I actually gained weight but lost inches.

My first 25 lbs I lost with just calorie counting only. I added the gym, and the weight loss slowed down, but my body shape changed greatly.
  • Hi everyone!
    My Stats:

30yr female
    SW: 286
    CW: 243
    GW: 155

Started counting calories 12/5/09 (i've tried WW, atkins, low carb but I think calorie counting will work best). I eat between 1200-1600 per day. I try to get to the gym 2-3 times a week and work out at home to Jillian Michael's DVD 1-2 times a week.

I used thedailyplate for calorie counting help.

P.S. You all are truly inspiring. Keep up the good work.
  • Wow.
    I am really impressed.

When I was being strict, I ate 1700 cal or less, but usually at or almost at 1700.

I feel starving if I eat less than that!!!!

My wt came off slowly, but w/ exercise at that cal level, it did come off...
  • Me:
    Daycare Provider and Mother of 4
    Age 33
    Wt 198
    45 min cardio 5x's week
    I am still nursing a 7mo old

I consume 2000 calories a day and am losing 1-2lbs a week. Baby is full on solids now, so I plan to whittle down by 100 cals a month till I'm at 1500 and he's weaned. We will see how that goes!

Calculating my BMR (basal metabolic rate) helped me to know what to consume for calories.
  • I take in 1100-1200 calories a day.
    I work out (cardio) everyday, an hour on the week days and 30 minutes on the weekend.
    I've only been at it for less then a week, but I've lost 4 pounds!
    I'm also 17, and weight comes off me really easily, especially in the beginning (i know from previous weight loss attempts)
  • Quote: I take in 1100-1200 calories a day.
    I work out (cardio) everyday, an hour on the week days and 30 minutes on the weekend.
    I've only been at it for less then a week, but I've lost 4 pounds!
    I'm also 17, and weight comes off me really easily, especially in the beginning (i know from previous weight loss attempts)
    That is an awesome weight loss. Just be sure to eat the most nutritious foods possible. You are still growing and your body needs all the nutrition it can get.