Old 08-08-2009, 01:12 PM   #1  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

Default Back up 3lbs

I'm destined to never venture beyond 210. I'm up 3lbs. Granted, I'm still injured but I'm getting back on that treadmill on Monday. I've been doing pilates and upper body strength training, and the result is a 3lb gain. There goes my back to school challenge!

How is everyone else doing?
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #2  
It's all about the fluff.

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I'm there with ya, sister. I can't seem to break the dreaded 230. It has to be my most unlucky number EVER. I swear, if I ever see 230.2 on my scale again, it's going through the window!

Ok, I feel a bit better after writing that. It just feels SO frustrating when you feel like your eating and exercising right! Grrrr....
everanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/210/174

Height: 5'4"

OK I am no expert at this, and I have gained back most of the weight I previously lost, due to my own slacking off, (I am back at losing again). I have noticed that 3lbs can just be water retention, and can go back off just as fast as it came back on especially in hot humid summer months. I know it doesnt' sound like what you want to hear, but it is true, so don't give up. My weight has fluctuated that much in a day before.

Wilma
slim n up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:57 PM   #4  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by everanderson View Post
I'm there with ya, sister. I can't seem to break the dreaded 230. It has to be my most unlucky number EVER. I swear, if I ever see 230.2 on my scale again, it's going through the window!

Ok, I feel a bit better after writing that. It just feels SO frustrating when you feel like your eating and exercising right! Grrrr....
Me tooo!!!! I'm SICK of seeing 165.5 no matter what I do. Well, actually, if I eat healthy. I just broke 164.2 the day before and yesterday and then it was back up to 167 today. ARGH. I think 165 is my readjusted set-point, which is why it's just hard as heck getting past this point. Ok, that made me feel better too.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:04 PM   #5  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

Ahhhh, sometimes when we say it outloud it helps.

I'm kinda nervous about the treadmill but I have to do something! I'll take it slow and easy...I"ve been eating more than right since I got hurt and it's so frustrating that nothing has changed. Back on the horse, ladies!!!! Lets Ride!
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:03 AM   #6  

I just wanted to vent as well, I seem to not be able to get past 210, it's getting on my freaking nerves ! I am doing everything possible, staying within my calorie range, cycling my calories, eating well, exercising 5-6 times a week and I'm stuck here. SOOOOOOOO freaking annoying. All I can keep telling myself is to push through, this seems to happen to me every 10 pounds or so. UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH
Deana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:29 AM   #7  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

dietcokehead98 - Don't beat yourself up too bad about the 3lbs. And I'm sorry you're injured. I hope you're feeling better today. If it makes you feel better I was 221.4 on Sat & today I'm up to 226.2. 4.8lbs up because I ate like I was never going to eat again on Sat & Sun. Stupid.

But I'm back on the horse & I'm glad to hear that you're getting back on yours today, too! We can do this. And we're not going to let that scale rule our lives!
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:02 PM   #8  
is covered in paint

Height: 5'7

AAARGH!!!
felt the need to join in.

i've been eating super healthy for the last 3 weeks (1600 cals), with only one or two relapses. i've also been exercising between 3-5 x a week - and i've gained 6.5 LBS!

AAAAARGH!

i know i am doing the right thing

but AAAAARGH!

ok, im done. thanks
avie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:30 PM   #9  
Dieting Sister to All

S/C/G: 200/195/145

Height: 5'5"

Default me too

Wow how I have needed to hear that I am not the only one. I lost 10 lbs then boom I am stuck. I gained 3 back lost them again and have been back and forth for a month. I am eating right and exercising 5 times a week sometimes more. I feel so discouraged sometimes. Just hearing that it could be water retention from summer and knowing I am not alone is such a help.
kitana5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:38 PM   #10  
Losing 20! :)

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5ft 5in

Im usually 146 but the scale is 149-151 now...I think its water though...Or lack of bowel movements...So I am eating all fruit and veggies and water for a day...Just to get my bowels moving...Then back to my diet...Once my bowels are empty I will feel better...

But the 3lbs could be pre-menstrual or water retention....It could also be feces...
kiahna23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:58 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

omg, I am joining this frustration thread. I finally broke through 176 last week only to end up right back there again. I lost 20 lbs like a breeze..now I'm struggling to lose! This sucks! Plus it's TOM, but I'm not so sure I"ll lose weight when it goes this time! ugh! ugh! ugh! ugh!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:38 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 315 heighest/Feb09 286/254/150

Height: 5ft 6 inches

Up down. Up. Down. Down. Down. Up. Up. :P Meh. I suspect most of it's water weight as I've been on a big salt kick but last night I was actually off plan. I've had better ideas than to have a carb heavy breakfast (always makes me hungier later), a light lunch, work out and then eat nothing until 10pm when I went out to Denny's with a group of friends. Started out okay getting steak and shrimp with a double portion of veggies. Gave half of my bread away. But I was still starving and as the waiter never came to clear the dishes ended up eating the rest of my sister's appetizer she didn't finish and my friend's onion rings. And I was still starving so when everyone else ordered dessert I had apple pie with ice cream. That last one was totally my fault though but I made the choice and I move on. It was delicious though. Back on plan today with a slightly larger lunch this time.
Misora is offline   Reply With Quote