Old 07-06-2009, 08:46 AM   #31  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Got on the scale this morning and I stayed 168 like I was on Friday.Don't know if the S/F shakes had anything to do with not gaining over the holiday weekend. I will try it again during the Next holiday [Labor Day] and if it is,I will use that method for all of the on coming holidays.

Nothing ,new I going out with my DH to have his port flushed and than go to Marshal's to see if I can find a fancy blouse for formal night .Can't believe that its this Saturday already,have so much to do,making a list, washing, pressing & packing.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:41 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 217/179.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all!

Good job Beach! Good luck on the blouse hunt.

I'm at work, such as it is. I think I'm just going to tell them to lay me off. I cannot make this drive everyday with nothing much to do for minimum wage. I'll go crazy, it's so boring! Besides which, I'm the only one here so far and it's going on 10:00 am......oh well, my little Jack will be happy that I'm home with him and workouts will be much easier to fit in!
melwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:57 AM   #33  
Almost there! 7lbs to go!

S/C/G: 165/137/130

Height: 5'8"

Good morning ladies! not much on the go for me today, have housework, kid stuff, etc... Glamorous huh?

But on the upside I stepped on the scale today and lost 1/2lb. I don't know what's wrong with me but I have to weigh in each morning... *blush*
Moralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:21 AM   #34  

Don't feel bad, I weight every morning and again when I get home in the evening. That way I can see the trend.......I can usually tell by my evening weight if the next morning will be good or not......I'd rather weigh every morning than still be eating all the crap I used to eat.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #35  
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead!

S/C/G: 230/223/140

Height: 5'4.75"

I weigh every morning too! It is just what I do.

I am happy! One week counting calories and I lost 5 pounds! YIPPIE!!!

Here is to a start of a new week!
JoviMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:28 AM   #36  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

Down a bit. Just 2 pounds from another penguin!

Ok time to get on the bike.
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:51 AM   #37  

Congrats Prinny! I'm finally moving down again too! I'm so excited! I saw 179 this morning, I won't change my ticker just yet though.

Hello to everybody else!
Old 07-08-2009, 09:18 AM   #38  
beachbum

Hi ladies

Didn't have time to post as I'll be leaving on Saturday on vacation,so many things to do before we go.

MELWOLFE-Thanks for the congrats,now only of I could maintain while on vacation I will be happy.Found the top,at Marshal's,it has various colors so I can wear it with all kinds solid pants. Wow that fanatic to see scale move down,congrats your holiday weekend success.

KAREN-Congrats on your five[5] pound loss. Keep on what your doing,as it seems to be working for you.

PRINNY-Congrats on your 2 lbs also,I bet by the time I get back you'll have more penguins on your siggy.

Last edited by beach bum; 07-08-2009 at 09:19 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:47 AM   #39  
Almost there! 7lbs to go!

S/C/G: 165/137/130

Height: 5'8"

You ladies are doing awesome!!!!

Karen, 5lbs in a week!! Woohoo!!
I'm *stuck*... 1/2 lb in 2 weeks almost.. it's frustrating.. blah! I'm going to step up my exercise and hope I can start losing again... the weight came off so easily for the first 7 weeks.. now.. nada.
Moralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:25 PM   #40  
BOOM!

Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was up just a bit today but I feel bloated and my fingers are stiff so I think I am retaining water. No clue why. SUX. A little sore but plkanning to workout anyway. I have GOT to get this last bit of weight off. I know the last 10 pounds is always hardest.

HEY! If I lower my goal weight then it won't be the last 10!!! Hrm...
Old 07-10-2009, 10:10 AM   #41  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Oh do I have computer whoooose ,this morning

My Computer is really screwed up. My Fire Fox Provider lost my Bookmarks and I have to go to all my message boards like a a new member.

I don't even have an forward back button every time I want to leave the site the computer brings me back to my home page.Leo side of the computer is working fine. Hopefully it will be back to normal by the time we get back.

Yesterday afternoon we started to hear strange noses [fluttering]in our chimney,so by late afternoon I saw a bird in back of our gas insert fireplace. Leo got the bird out and it flew to our cuckoo clock and than to window,that we opened for him to get out. It was a small mocking bird.

Oh just wanted you to know that I got on the scale and I maintained,so that will be my starting weight. Thanks for all your suggestions,and I will heed to them as much as possible. Hope that I don't see a gain in two weeks.

Moralia-Don't get frustrated you 'll start to lose again.Your bod is trying to rest and once that done the scale will go down further. Upping your exercising is also a plus.

prinny-You can't trick your bod,to lose that way,chin up your lose again,it a possibility that water retaining is playing a good part when you hands & feet are puffy.Watch the sodium & drink more water.

Have a great day,will try to get back to your sometime this afternoon if not I see you guys in one week.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:07 AM   #42  
BOOM!

beach bum I highly recommend you get the Google toolbar. You can then save all your bookmarks with that and have them handy anywhere you can log into Google. I have several computers and some have multiple operating systems and this has saved me so much time and frustration.

Well, my DH (DAMN Husband in this case), messed me up on working out. I have to work out around his schedule, and he decided o stay up really late and totally be in the way. GRRRRRRRR. Today I also got messed up because we had so many errands to run. I am going to workout after midnight and then TRY to get back on a regular schedule.

At least I have been good with food, including making a 400 calorie per serving lasagna tonight that was amazing, if a little messy. Next time I need to cook the sauce down a little bit more so it holds together better. Mmmmmm cheesy, meaty lasagna. nom nom nom

I think I am going to start only weighing in every 3-4 days instead of every day. With the loss slowing down due to being close to the normal range, well, I want to avoid frustration as much as possible.

Now to go lift weights, have a protein snack then get on the bike.

OH!!! I almost forgot! Last night I tried on size 8 pants. They were really tight, but fit. Might I actually be able to get into 6's eventually? Maybe?

EDIT

I worked out last night after midnight but before bed (~850), then did yard work(~325). I then kept to my normal calorie allotment and this is what TDP says about today for me:

Total cals:

Net cals:

Argh?

Now if I am working out like that why am I not see more scale movement? I have only lost .2 IN A WEEK!!! HATE HATE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by prinny; 07-12-2009 at 02:43 AM. Reason: didn't want to double post
Old 07-13-2009, 11:05 AM   #43  

Good Morning!

I have been MIA.. Last week I had a huge Asthma Flare and had to deal with all that goes with it. I am on Steriods again..

SO last week was a wash.. this morning I am afraid to get on the scale.. but I will....

I have a meeting at church this morning but I plan to get out for a walk if weather permits otherwise I am heading to the gym!

How is everyone?
Old 07-13-2009, 11:19 AM   #44  
Kitten steps to fitness

S/C/G: 208.5/?/148

Height: 5' 6"

Hi ladies! Mind if I join in? I need some accountability lately, maybe posting my transgressions will give me a much-needed kick in the rear.

I have been doing so good since I started (June 1) and was 15 pounds down. But last week my husband, who is out of town on a temporary job assignment for the rest of the year, came home for a vacation. And we are so bad together! We ate out almost every day, didn't exercise much, and ate late-night snacks. The entire week I kept thinking, "This is horrible! What am I doing? I don't want to weigh-in on Monday!". Well, I weighed-in this morning and it was 3 pounds up. Luckily, still under 200 so it could have been worse.

So here I am with renewed focus. The good thing is that I decided to start a more intense exercise routine, including resistance bands and weights, so last week (yes, during the week-long binge!) I bought the bands and a book and a few other items to get me started. I loved my first workout this morning!

Hope everyone is doing well. I noticed on the first page of this thread there are a lot of Northern Virginians. That's where my husband is now, and we'll be moving there permanently probably in January (Alexandria, I think). I visited once and I really love the area!

Have a great day!

Last edited by Pas de Chaton; 07-13-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Pas de Chaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:42 AM   #45  

OK.. I got on the Scale.. and it was bad.. Up 4.5 pounds. I know it is water due to steriods, but I still am mad. BUT that is good in a way... I am going to the gym! This weight is not going any higher... and I am going to meet my goals. I am determined!

Last edited by JoviMom; 07-13-2009 at 11:42 AM.