Old 06-10-2009, 11:29 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 346/Ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I know what you mean! I'm so not hungry, so I wasn't worried about it. Though some of those suggestions are going to help me mix things up a bit.
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:40 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 180/174/120

Height: 5'0

I am having proglems getting enough calories period! I feel like I eat and eat then I count my calories in the evening and I'm only about 1000! I think I need to eat more for lunch maybe...cuz I eat plenty of snacks throughout the day. But veggies don't add up very fast either.
Nigelswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:39 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

I understand completely! It's so foreign to me, considering that I used to eat MORE calories than my body needed. But it really is ALL ABOUT VOLUME, not calories, when it comes to how much we feel we should be eating. That's why the easiest way to add more calories is get healthy, calorie-dense foods to add, like olive oil on things. I started making a list in this thread of some healthy calorie-dense foods: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173862
I'll quote mine and if you follow the link you can see what some other people have added. I'm going to start using them to more easily get to 2000 calories a day. I have the VOLUME right; it's the calories themselves that are an issue. It goes to show you! If you eat right, calorie counting is far less of an issue (as far as going over, at least). It's not EASY to overeat when you're eating healthy.

Quote:
List of Healthy High Calorie Foods
- Peanut butter
- Almonds
- Nuts
- Seeds
- Fruit
- Whole grains, pastas, rice, oats & cereals
- Oatmeal
- Bread, bagels
- Brown rice
= Quinoa