Old 05-21-2009, 09:16 PM   #1  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Tips and tricks

List your weird little tricks for stretching your calories.

Hot Sauce! Spicy food fills you up faster.

Always keep water within reach, make taking regular sips an unconscious habit.

Keep a bag of baby spinach in the fridge chop up fine as needed like an herb and put it in everything. Even my husband who hates spinach doesn't notice it in sauces, ommelettes and soups.
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:26 PM   #2  
one more time...

S/C/G: 183/157.8/133

Height: 5'4" no, 5'5"! I grew!

Fish! I get the fillets that are already seasoned, 2 of them are only 210 calories. It's a great dinner when I'm running low on calories.

I get a mean case of snackitis in the afternoons, and I've discovered rice cakes are a great snack that satisfies the "gotta crunch something" urge.
booskibabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:14 PM   #3  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

celery and laughing cow. I can have three HUGE celery stalks and 3 laughing cow wedges for like 120 calories and it FILLS you up.

Tuna. Tuna is SO low calorie but you can make it taste really good easily.

Herbs and spices. Any salt free herbs and spice mix makes anything taste better!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

GREAT thread.

I love buffalo wing sauce and use it as salad dressing. Sometimes with grilled chicken, sometimes without. I even ask for it in restaurants. And, I never pour it on. I just dip my fork into it a bite at a time and end up needing and using very little.

Frozen fruit is a great snack and you can eat it slowly. We love frozen grapes, bananas, berries of all kinds.

Eat ONE caramel with a granny smith apple. Just a smidgen sized bite of caramel with each bite of apple and it tastes like you're eating a caramel apple. Yum!
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:18 PM   #5  
~*Lupo di Autunno*~

S/C/G: 162/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth4365 View Post
Eat ONE caramel with a granny smith apple. Just a smidgen sized bite of caramel with each bite of apple and it tastes like you're eating a caramel apple. Yum!
I like those Jell-O sugar-free pudding cups they sell. They're only 60 calories, and you get about 3/4 cup to dip your apple in. Plus, they contain dairy and are easy to pack.
Wolf Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:32 PM   #6  
Lo-Carbin'

S/C/G: 197/See Ticker!/150

Height: 5'7

-Salsa! Tastes great on everything from baked potatos to meat, and I love mixing it with rice. I love rice and barely eat it because 1/2 c serving isn't enough for me but adding 1/2 c salsa to it really bulks it up.

-Fresh Lemons. I always keep these on hand to slice and add into my water when I get bored and want a soda. Also, when I feel absolutely desperate for a soda, I'll mix the the juice of 1/4 - 1/2 a lemon with a bit of Pelligrino. This is a rare treat but it curbs the soda cravings for me.
sawa1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:55 PM   #7  

Spicy Mrs. Dash! It kicks up the flavor and makes me more satisfied with EVERYTHING! Today I fixed a great salad with lettuce, chopped raw zucchini, fresh pineapple pieces, crumbled ground beef, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Spicy Mrs. Dash....YUM! Very, very tasty and satisfying! DH loved it too
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote