Old 04-06-2009, 04:20 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5'2.5"

I'm in!
I love these kind of challenges and can really use one right now. I'll shoot for 25lbs, but will be happy with anything over 5.
Plan: eat 1200-1600 cal average, exercise 6x's a week doing Couch to 5K
Good luck everyone
Olive2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:40 PM   #17  
Saving Myself

S/C/G: 199.6/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I'll join! I don't know when I'll check in though. I don't plan to weigh in every week because I only want to check my weight when my body looks different. My birthday is coming up and my friend's birthday is June 1st, so I want to lose 15 lbs by then. I'll be working out 6x a week, 5 days cardio, 3 days weight training. And my cals. will be at 1400-1500 a day. I'm still trying to figure out how to consistently lose more than 1.5 a week. I usually lose 1 or 1.2 when I exercise hard. I'll definitely take suggestions on that. Anyway, I'm aiming high!

Last edited by Angel's_Dust; 04-07-2009 at 02:55 AM. Reason: changed goal number
Angel's_Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:09 AM   #18  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

I'd like to lose about 20 more by then at least. I am actually going to be out of town on that day and it'd be nice to be slimmed down that much for my little vacation.

As of 4-5-09n was 163.2 so that'd be about 143.

Last edited by prinny; 04-29-2009 at 12:08 AM.
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:31 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 185/182/120

ok love it. i would like to lose 25 pounds which would put me at 160.

1400 cals a day
1 hour of butt busting cardio 5 days a week
VivaVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:47 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 164/ticker/125 (HW: 188)

Height: 5'6"

I'm new to the forum but I'm totally in for this one.

GOALS:
15-20 lbs lost
5x a week of exercise
stay between 1200-1500 calories 13/14 days
lexie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:44 PM   #21  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Count me in too!!

I've been messing around since January and haven't even moved from the starting line yet! With a big family wedding to attend back in the UK in August, it had been my plan to lose weight and be pretty close to my goal by then. Anyway, here we are, it's almost mid April, and I've only got 17 weeks to go until the wedding

I need to buy a wedding outfit, but the way I look right now I have no interest in even looking for one ... and I probably won't find anything that fits and looks nice anyway at the moment!

So, it's back to counting calories for me ... tried just about everything else over the years, but I always seem to come back to what I know best

There's about 10 weeks to go until the start of summer, so I'd really like to lose around 15lbs by then ... and in total, by the wedding date, I'd like to have lost around 25lbs-30lbs ... not quite the goal that I was hoping for back in January, but it's a start!

Good luck to everyone!
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:24 AM   #22  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

So how is everyone doing so far? I've had a so-so week. I've gone over on calories everyday for the last several days but I'm still making healthy choices when I do it. My weight is actually up due to tom. I can tell I'm really retaining water. Someone told me once to help with water retention to drink hot tea with lemon or hot water with lemon. I'm not sure how well it works but drinking hot tea with lemon is comforting in itself.

And for all you ladies that need a really good otc pms medicine try "Premsyn" sometimes it is hard to find. The only place around here that sells it is Rite Aid. But if you are lucky there will be a store brand and I recently found at Dollar General they have it in their store brand, so I've been buying that. I was excited to find it at Dollar General because its only like $3.50 there and the name brand stuff at Rite Aid is about $9.00. It is the best pms otc medicine I have tried.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:42 AM   #23  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

I'm doing good. Down to 205.9lbs this morning. I am feeling rather proud of myself, honestly. I was hovering around 224-226 in the beginning of February and I finally took control of my life. I've been trying to get this weight off since September, and in November I was at 219. I let myself go because of all this stress building up, especially with my job giving me less than 20 hours per week. I gained a few pounds back. In January I was more off then on with my plan and just didn't care so I maintained around that 224-226. But I'm back and I know what works for myself. I am trying to tackle my binge-eating / emotional eating which is going really well.

Angel's_Dust - This is just a suggestion, but I noticed when I eat more, I'll lose more. Try adding some more calories (by like 200) and see what happens. Eat less calories on non-workout days verses workout days - eat a protein packed snack before or after your workout. I went from losing 1-2 1/2lbs to about 3 1/2lbs just by eating more calories. Also, when you have less weight to loss, you won't necessarily lose 2.5lbs a week compared to someone who has much more to lose. Try taking body measurements. Sometimes what we see on the scale isn't the real progress. You may be losing lots of inches!
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:05 PM   #24  
Saving Myself

S/C/G: 199.6/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I'm doing really well! It's only been 4 days and I've lost .7. I have to adjust my ticker because I didn't realize that I wasn't that weight. The scale said 186.2 one day last week and I didn't check it again until a few days ago and yesterday. Stupid thing. I said that I don't look at this site often, but it's become very addicting again!

WormwoodDoll: Thanks for the suggestions! In the last four days, I've only eaten 1400 once. The other days were 1500 and yesterday I HAD to go up to around 1800. I've been doing this on and off for years (this is the first time it's been working) and I've found that I only lose .5 a week if I eat at 1700 and up. I've been taking medication for a thyroid problem and, I don't know, maybe 1700+ is too much for my body.

I do usually eat a little less on non-workout days. I find myself wanting to eat a little more than 1500 on workout days, so maybe I'll not worry too much and do that. I can try calorie cycling more. I also eat soy bars (I'm allergic to wheat), which have lots of protein and are low in cals. I nibble on one before and after my workout.

I do know that people my height and weight don't lose as much as someone with a higher weight, but I guess I forgot, or didn't want to remember! I've been losing for six months now and each month, I lose less. The first months were 3-4.5 lbs and now I'm just losing the extra weight I've been gaining here and there. I just started the C25K and I know that as time goes on, I'll be burning more calories as I do more running.

I also check my measurements. So far I've lost almost 40 inches, which I'm sooo happy about! Anyway, thanks again for the help. It has helped me feel more relaxed about losing. Congrats on losing a few lbs!!!

Last edited by Angel's_Dust; 04-09-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Angel's_Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:27 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

I m a little late but would like to join in i am in a similar challenge that ened 5-10-09 and I am afraid I will not loost he 17 pounds I need to in about a month. I started off great and loast 3.8 pounds in the first week. The next week 1/2 a pound and last week up 4 ounces. I am staying on plan and exercising atleast 5 days a week and am shooting for 6 days until I get in better shape. I weigh once a week. anymore than that I drive myself crazy. i would actually like to weigh once a month,but am afraid right now to wait that long as I need to find the exact plan I need and right exercise combination. I was doing some walking and body scultping but the last 3 days I have done pure cardio and feel better than ever. I hope to get some serious walking in this long weekend and stay away from those cadbuy eggs...
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:30 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 160/160/125

Height: 5'7

im in! my goal is 125 and itd be nice to make it by then.. bikini season and all

cheers and good luck to all!
spidersong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:35 PM   #27  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Angel's_Dust - No problem. They were just suggestions and obviously they don't work for everyone. Just some personal experience. If I eat over 1800-2000 at the moment, I will slowly gain. I think it's weird how just something slightly over our calories can cause us to gain. I feel like normal weight people don't gain weight as rapidly.

And I can totally relate to NOT wanting to believe we can't lose that much per week. I am prepping myself now to except that as much as I don't want to. I know once I hit 180/170, my weight loss will slow. I wish I could lose 5lbs per week right now. Haha! But slow and healthy is the way to go!

spidersong - 35lbs seems like quite a lot in this short time frame. Just remember any loss is a good loss!

Last edited by WormwoodDoll; 04-09-2009 at 07:37 PM.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:43 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

Mine's more like a slimmer by the END of summer challenge, but whatever. I want to be what I used to weigh (175) by the end of the summer. That's about 35 pounds, and about 4 and a half months from now (20 weeks), and if I can managed 2 pounds a week then I might make it! I was still fat at 175 (I store all my weight in my stomach), but maybe with trying weight training and exercise I'll look better at 175 than I ever did before! Then I can try to keep going from there.
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:54 PM   #29  
Im changing my life!

S/C/G: 209/159/155(for now)

Height: 5'7"

How's everyone doing so far, and today? Good I hope.

Im 1lb. down, 15 to go, and W-I Monday for that extra "be good and resist" during the Easter weekend.

Funny, for the first time in my life, Im excited about hard boiled eggs, and could care less about candy, even chocolate!
Vegaspunkermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:04 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 198/128/138

Height: 5'7

I'm doing well still on eating but having a rough time fitting exercise in and that drives me crazy.
To make it easy on myself for even numbers I set my goal for this challenge at 15.5 lbs and am 1 lbs down so far, 14.5 more to go!

Last edited by amynbebes; 04-09-2009 at 08:05 PM.
amynbebes is offline   Reply With Quote