3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Slimmer By Summer Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/168573-slimmer-summer-challenge.html)

km25 06-14-2009 10:43 PM

Great job everyone, I'm so proud of all of us for our commitment. I lost 3 lbs last week. So now I am 143. I went to a wedding this weekend and gave myself the allowance to enjoy myself and have my cake and eat it too :) !! Point is, I don't expect to lose weight this week. I have been eating a very low amount of calories/day so my metabolism has slowed considerably and I really can't lose weight if I don't eat very little. However over the next 3 weeks I am going to increase my calories/day gradually until I can once again achieve losses at more reasonable calorie levels. So it's likely I won't have any losses again until next month. I am okay with that because it's what needs to be done, and I will still be toning my body and getting into better shape through exercise at least.
I am definitely going to post until the end also. I won't be at my ultimate goal weight by June 21. I am excited to keep seeing how we do throughout the summer :)

megwini 06-14-2009 11:02 PM

I'm kind of anxious too. My next weigh-in is tomorrow morning (I weigh every 2 weeks) and I'm getting positively silly about it. I didn't want to eat more than 2000 calories today, and I got freaked out when I realized how much sodium the taco shells I ate today had, all because I'm a little afraid of water retention tomorrow. I keep trying to tell myself that even if I haven't lost anything in the past two weeks, if I stay on plan it WILL come off. But I'm getting rather silly about it anyway.

WormwoodDoll 06-15-2009 09:37 AM

197.2 this morning. Woo! I am hoping I can make it to 195 as I revised. I am a bit disappointed that I didn't do so great in the beginning of this challenge. But what's done is done!

megwini 06-15-2009 09:40 AM

km25, nice loss. I'm at 187 now, 4 pounds down from 2 weeks ago. Woot! I might just make it to 175 before August 24th.

Sunkisses 06-15-2009 08:32 PM

Awesome progress Megwini, Wormwooddoll, Km25 and anyone I may have missed!

Km25, I think it is very wise of you to increase your calories. I was a little worried about the level you were at as it didn't sound very healthy. However, I am no expert on weight loss, and I didn't want to criticize your plan and offend you. I think even if you don't see a loss, you will definitely still lose plenty of inches to compensate if you keep with the strength training.

So, I weighed in today and I was down to 204. Since, I am expecting TOM (2 days late) I will take it. Still there is no way I am going to get to 199 by Sunday and I accept that. But at least I made some serious progress in my ultimate goal. I think I have lost 21 pounds since I started this challenge and a total of 65 so far. I am proud of myself, but I saw a picture of me that was taken last week and I still look horrible. I hate how I can be okay with my appearance and feel good about myself when I look in the mirror, and then I see a picture taken the very same day and it's a whole different story. I am still a big fat ugly mess! Ugh I keep wanting to take progress photos to post, but it doesn't look like I have made any LOL I rarely get comments on my weightloss. I keep thinking after every 10 pounds I lose people will notice, but nobody every says anything. Oh well, just more motivation to keep going!

km25 06-15-2009 08:51 PM

Good job wormwooddoll, megwini, and sunkisses.

WormwoodDoll 06-15-2009 10:26 PM

WTG megwini! 4lbs is awesome!!

Sunkisses you're so close to ONEderland! Feelin' anxious yet? Haha. And I know how you feel with the pictures. I went camping and after seeing some of the pictures, I got very depressed. I can't believe I still look huge. But we'll be okay! Just keep our heads up high!

amynbebes 06-16-2009 06:35 PM

Well poo, still 2 lbs to go and I just don't see it happening by the 21st, we'll see. Great losses everyone!!!

megwini 06-17-2009 12:30 AM

You've definitely come far though, amybebes! In a thing like weight loss, "almost" making it to a goal is almost as beneficial as making it there! Congrats on the 13.5 lb loss so far.
Sunkisses and WormwoodDoll, I guess I don't have this problem too much, since one of my biggest problems is that I'm tall so you don't notice my weight quite as much, so I let it get out of control. So pictures aren't *too* bad, but once in a while I get one taken where the angle makes me look REALLY fat and I'm just like *writhes*

Misora 06-21-2009 12:12 PM

Alas I didn't make my goal of 30 lbs but I have lost approximately 15 in 11 weeks. Darn Plateaus. Plus I'm pretty close to making the weight loss 10% challange at work. Weigh ins are this week Monday through Friday.

WormwoodDoll 06-21-2009 06:56 PM

195.7 today - .7 off from my revised goal of 195. Haha. Well one thing I have improved: my social eating! I went out to eat Friday AND I went to the movies AND I got ice cream AND I ate popcorn at the movies. All for 1600 calories. AND I got down to 195.7 from 197.2 last week. Boo-ya.

Okay and since some of us are sticking around until the end of August [I hope]...My goal is 175 by September first.

Angel's_Dust 06-21-2009 11:47 PM

Congrats!!!!:carrot:

I forgot to look at the scale today, but I'm sure it's the same. Ugh. It's my own fault for not exercising lately. I guess I got tired of trying so hard. But I will continue this and one day I will start trying harder again. Hopefully tonight.

megwini 06-22-2009 12:02 AM

This is random and completely off-topic but I just wanted to mention... AngelsDust, you're really so beautiful. Looking at your picture, you kind of take my breath away. You have such a captivating beauty and gorgeous face, especially your lips. You're just so stunning! I don't usually see people I find so gorgeous that I get blown away, but you are one of them! I only say that because I sincerely mean it! Damn girl, you got it going on!

WormwoodDoll, congrats on not going all out at the movies! Social eating is the thing I struggle with most. I find eating on my own and at home fairly easy, but it's when I'm with others I feel most tempted. Congrats! I know it ain't easy!

Angel's_Dust 06-22-2009 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunkisses (Post 2787160)
I am proud of myself, but I saw a picture of me that was taken last week and I still look horrible. I hate how I can be okay with my appearance and feel good about myself when I look in the mirror, and then I see a picture taken the very same day and it's a whole different story. I am still a big fat ugly mess! Ugh I keep wanting to take progress photos to post, but it doesn't look like I have made any LOL I rarely get comments on my weightloss. I keep thinking after every 10 pounds I lose people will notice, but nobody every says anything. Oh well, just more motivation to keep going!

I know what you mean about seeing a recent picture of yourself. I feel the exact same way. I feel proud of myself for coming this far and then someone takes my picture and I can't believe I look so horrible. It's really discouraging and encouraging at the same time. Discouraging because I have so much more work to do and encouraging because it makes me determined to get farther.

I don't get comments either. My grandma will once in a while in a not-so-subtle way wrap her hands around my waist when we hug to feel how small my stomach is now. She doesn't bother me about eating sugar around her anymore. I think people are afraid to comment because weight is a big issue.

BTW, I think losing 65 pounds is amazing. You should celebrate that as much as possible because it's a huge accomplishment!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by megwini (Post 2795179)
This is random and completely off-topic but I just wanted to mention... AngelsDust, you're really so beautiful. Looking at your picture, you kind of take my breath away. You have such a captivating beauty and gorgeous face, especially your lips. You're just so stunning! I don't usually see people I find so gorgeous that I get blown away, but you are one of them! I only say that because I sincerely mean it! Damn girl, you got it going on!

That is such a beautiful compliment!! THANK YOU!! You made me feel sooo much better about myself!

I can't seem to get this site to upload a newer picture of myself. I've been trying for weeks and I've resized i,t but that doesn't work. I'll try again.

CJZee 06-22-2009 07:35 AM

I keep thinking I'm NOT losing weight, but then I see I did beat this challenge! Woo-Hoo! I guess slow-and-steady stays the course. It gives me hope I can do this even though it seems soooooooooo slow.

SW 275
CW 255
GW 259