3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Slimmer By Summer Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/168573-slimmer-summer-challenge.html)

sweetshauna 04-25-2009 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syncrosweetie88 (Post 2711041)
what's a POP challenge?

A "Perfectly on Plan" challenge. Pretty much just sticking to your diet and exercise plan with NO cheating and NO slacking off. If you successfully do a POP plan, the results are like no other! When I really had a lot of weight to lose and I was very motivated, I found it to be VERY effective. Now that I'm over halfway to goal, loving the way I'm fitting into my new size 7 jeans, and my focus is switched to other areas of my life (earlier in the year, losing weight was my #1 preoccupation), they've become rather ineffective.

Tammay it sounds like a POP challenge may be the thing for you!

BabyGotBack 04-25-2009 01:07 AM

Hi Chicks! I'm late to the party, but I want to join in. I'm at 141 with a goal of 135. My rate of weight loss has slowed in the last month or so, probably because I'm so close to goal. But I'm pretty sure that I can make goal by June 21st. . . . and I can use the motivation of the Slimmer by Summer Challenge. It will keep me on plan while traveling for work for two weeks where I'll be eating out most meals every day.

I'm impressed with everyone's motivation and progress so far!

Angel's_Dust 04-25-2009 05:03 PM

I've got a tiny bit of progress. It's my TOM, so I was lucky enough that the scale went down .2. It was up to 186.6 the last bunch of days, but it went down a little from my actual weight of last week. I'm happy to see it going downward. I just can't wait to get out of 185! I've been stuck at 185/186/187 for toooo long. Excited to reach 15 lbs lost in a few weeks.

Welcome everyone who just joined!! Hope you loss as much as your goal.

Sunkisses 04-25-2009 05:03 PM

Hi yall! I decided to step on the scale at the gym today and it read 220! I usually weigh myself there so maybe the docs scale is a little off, or I really did lose 3 pounds since Tuesday! It would be awesome to see 219 by my usual Monday weigh in!

vouge09 04-25-2009 05:28 PM

I think I am down about 5 lbs since last weekend. Though on Thursday I traveled a 6 hour drive and had to eat something which means fast food. I don't think it affected me though.

sweetshauna 04-26-2009 04:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Ladies!

Hope you are all doing well and closer to your slimmer by summer goal.

vouge09 and sunkisses, GREAT to hear that you are down 3/5lbs. You go girls!;)

babygotback, :welcome: to the challenge... I myself have just started, and summer is almost two months away, so LOTS of time to get going.

Unfortunately this week didn't go so well AT ALL, but today I'm doing a body cleanse to just clean out my system, and tomorrow will be the true beginning of my "get it right, get it tight" campaign.

Also, I made the costumed ladies my desktop screensaver, just to remind myself multiple times per day what I'm gonna be wearing in three months :fr:

Hey, I can do it! Yes I can!

WormwoodDoll 04-28-2009 10:33 AM

I fell off the wagon, but I'm back again!

tammyjo 04-28-2009 11:01 AM

Hi all! I'm new to the site and have yet to join a challenge so I'd like to give it a shot. I've got a little under 2 months but I'd like to shoot for 20 lbs by 6/21. I've been calorie counting for almost a month and lost 10 pounds but I only started exercising about 2 weeks ago so I hope to be consistent with the exercise and that will boost me along!

You're all doing great & it's very encouraging to read your progress - keep up the good work!

sweetshauna 04-28-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tammyjo (Post 2717210)
Hi a:cp:ll! I'm new to the site and have yet to join a challenge so I'd like to give it a shot. I've got a little under 2 months but I'd like to shoot for 20 lbs by 6/21. I've been calorie counting for almost a month and lost 10 pounds but I only started exercising about 2 weeks ago so I hope to be consistent with the exercise and that will boost me along!

You're all doing great & it's very encouraging to read your progress - keep up the good work!

Tammyjo, :welcome: Congrats on all your good work so far:hug: You are already in the right direction towards making good on this challenge. Also, kudos to you on starting exercising! That is always THE hardest part in the weight loss journey! Keeping consistent with exercise can be challenging at times, but if you do, the rewards are GREAT!

Big thumbs up to you Tammy:bravo:

~shauna~

CJZee 04-29-2009 12:33 PM

Slimmer by Summer! Yes, I can do this! I will be a total of 16 pounds lighter by June 21. I started Atkins last week and have lost 3 more pounds. I have 8 pounds to go to meet my challenge by June 21.

It would be more than fabulous if I could come close to my "lose 10% of body weight" goal by that time. I would have to lose 18 more pounds (26 pounds total) to meet the goal, and I don't know if that's possible. But at least I'll be well on my way. I can do this!

SW 275
CW 267
GW 259 - slimmer by summer challenge
GW 249 - lose 10% of body weight goal

amynbebes 04-29-2009 08:37 PM

Hello all!
I've done craptacular exercise wise but I'm down another pound.
Everyone keep on truckin'! You will reach your goals :)

vouge09 04-29-2009 09:18 PM

Yeah I am! I don't remember what my ticker says but I think I am down 7 lbs now!

BabyGotBack 05-01-2009 01:25 AM

Sweetshauna,

How is POP going for you? I'm thinking that I need to get POP too--it seems that the closer I get to my goal, the more "liberal" I get with my eating, and the longer it takes to reach my goal. Renewed committment with being POP might be the answer.

prinny 05-01-2009 04:32 AM

Well I still have another 13 pounds to go to hit my goal. Can I make it? I have no idea. It's what a month and a half? *sigh*

WormwoodDoll 05-02-2009 10:06 AM

I may not hit 185, but I know I will be under 200 by June 21st. I hit a wall and now it's time to get back into my healthy conscience mode.