3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Slimmer By Summer Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/168573-slimmer-summer-challenge.html)

syncrosweetie88 04-20-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunkisses (Post 2704842)
I'm really blowin' it this weekend. Friday I went over my calorie intake by 90 calories because I just had to have a few more bites of ice cream. Saturday I doubled that. Today I had a five guys little burger and fries 'because why the **** the not, i've already blown it '. Ugh I have no self control! And this is after I was able to put on a pair of size 16 jean shorts that I haven't worn since 2004! I think I need to start again fresh by restricting some trigger foods.

Don't beat yourself up for going off the diet a little, everyone does it once in a while. It's when you feel guilty and just figure that you'll completely blow it since you broke it anyway - that's when you'll actually gain weight. You're better off having a slow loss or maintaining for the week than gaining.

And I wouldn't recommend completely restricting foods because when you get stressed out you'll probably just end up binging on them and feeling REALLY guilty. Trust me, I had a binge eating disorder for 2 years. I would make a strict diet and lose weight, but if I went off the diet I would feel so guilty and depressed that I would completely splurge and gain the weight back, which would make me feel even worse. It got so bad that it turned into clinical depression. I'm fine now because I've learned not to be so hard on myself when I diet.

You just have to think about it in the long term; so you were a little above the calories one day, the next day you'll just get back on track or maybe make up for it with a little exercise. Seriously, it's in our nature to break the rules and go off our diets once in a while.

Congrats on the 4 lb loss wormwooddoll! :carrot: You're almost breaking 200 :)

Angel's_Dust 04-20-2009 10:48 PM

Sunkisses: Self control takes a long time to gain. No one's perfect. I have more self control than I had years before, but I still slip a lot. I HAVE to have chocolate milk almost everyday to stop extra cravings. I also get strong cravings for ice cream every once in a while. Nothing can stop me from getting that ice cream. Just try to take those extra calories out of the next day, or say that you can't change what you did, and it's in the past. Start fresh.

WormwoodDoll: Holy crap!! 4 pounds! That's awesome! So close to Onderland now...

prinny 04-21-2009 12:41 AM

At this rate I am NOT going to make it.

sweetshauna 04-22-2009 02:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Ladies,

I would like to join in on the challenge! First day of summer is EXACTLY two months away, and I would like to lose 20lbs by then. I know, I know, that is a mightly goal... but I really want to make it :^: That would be going from 153lbs to 133lbs. My bare minimum will be to get to 138lbs, a loss of 15lbs.

This is my first weight-focused challenge... usually I do POP challenges since staying POP is the best way healthily shed pounds. However, at this point in the journey I think focusing on the destination is probably the most productive way to go about it.

So good luck to all you ladies... I will check in twice a week to see how things are going. My main motivation is the fact that I will be wearing something like this first week of August (Oy Vey!!):

burntfilm 04-22-2009 10:26 AM

Hi everyone :). I'm a little late, but I'd still like to join the challenge and see how much I can push myself! My goal is to lose 20lbs by June 11. I'd ideally like to lose 25lbs, and bring myself under the 200 line, but that might be a bit of a stretch at this point ;).

The goal is to work out 4 to 5 times a week by doing 30 to 60 minutes of cardio, as well as 2 to 3 times a week of strength training. Nutrition-wise, I'm trying to stay within the 1400 to 1600 calories a day range, and drink a minimum of 64 oz of water a day (which is proving to be the hardest part, strangely enough).

But yes :). Good luck to everyone else participating!

madridguiri 04-22-2009 05:28 PM

I'm going to join the challenge too! I am 136.2 lbs today. I would like to be 125 by June 21st. I am the maid of honor in a wedding June 26th, so I need to look G-O-O-D!

Jacque9999 04-22-2009 07:15 PM

I just joined 3FC and it reminds me so much of what I used years ago when I did LAWL. I'm glad I found it. I started with a great pilates mat class 2 months ago. Wasn't really watching what I was eating...every day was "Monday, I will start my diet". Everyday, I'd mess it up. I just wasn't getting into the zone. When I started Pilates, I was hoping that I would have been down at least 10 lbs by now. No such luck.

Anyway...I got this app for my iPod and have been tracking my calories. For the most part I have stayed on track. I also had 3 sessions with a trainer last week (didn't do pilates though). I am planning to do boot camp starting May 19. So, this week I went back to pilates and have done the gym on my own. As a matter of fact, last weekend I was out of town and I took my pilates dvd with me and did that AND walked/jogged. I was pretty proud of myself. So I got on the scale yesterday and I am down 2 lbs in a week. Here is my routine:
1200 calories a day

M/W pm cardio at gym and then pilates class
Tues AM - upper body (and some cardio if possible)
Thurs AM - lower body (and some cardio if possible)
Fri AM - Circuit workout for full body
Sat AM - pilates

When boot camp starts, I won't be at the gym T/T/F.

So having all this on my calendar and carrying my iPod with me HAS TOTALLY gotten me into the zone. I'm starting to look forward to working out. Never thought that would happen.

amynbebes 04-22-2009 08:36 PM

Good luck to everyone who has joined the challenge recently!

Prinny - just keep on keepin' on. Any progress is progress, period.

I'm down 4.5 so far with 11 lbs to go, hoping to be able to do it :)

sweetshauna 04-22-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madridguiri (Post 2709613)
I'm going to join the challenge too! I am 136.2 lbs today. I would like to be 125 by June 21st. I am the maid of honor in a wedding June 26th, so I need to look G-O-O-D!

that's great madrid... now don't you go too far with the challenge... too much sexiness and you'll upstage the bride;)

JK:lol3:

shauna

madridguiri 04-23-2009 12:25 PM

haha the bride is a size 0...but also 5 inches shorter!

syncrosweetie88 04-23-2009 04:22 PM

i'd also like to welcome everyone who's joined the challenge. and congrats to those of you who have lost some weight!

i'm still avoiding the scale and trying to think about my diet and not my weight loss, but lately my diet has suffered and i've been overeating a little. I'm trying to make sure that when i go off my diet i just don't go over 2000 calories (i've set my goal to 1400 to 1600)

its supposed to be warm this weekend, all the more of a motivator to be thinking about summer skinniness!

syncrosweetie88 04-23-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetshauna (Post 2708649)
This is my first weight-focused challenge... usually I do POP challenges since staying POP is the best way healthily shed pounds.:

what's a POP challenge?

Sunkisses 04-23-2009 09:09 PM

Welcome everyone that recently joined the challenge! And way to go Wormwooddoll and amynbebes (and anyone else I may have missed )on your losses!

So no surprise I weighed in at the Dr. on Wednesday and I was exactly the same weight. I hate myself for it because I worked very hard at the gym last week and I ruined it all with a few bites of food. Oh well! I'm movin' on and trying to stay on track. My dr wants me to cut my sodium intake down to 2000 mg a day and no more soda (diet included) at all. The sodium is going to be impossible, I have blown that already. UGH!

CJZee 04-23-2009 09:13 PM

Slimmer by Summer! Yes, I can do this! I will be 16 pounds lighter by June 21. I have lost 5, 11 more to go. That would make me 259.

SW 275
CW 270
GW 259

tammay 04-23-2009 09:53 PM

I just caught this. This sounds great! I'm going on vacation next week for 2 weeks, but I'm going to try and stay with eating as healthy as possible, considering we'll be doing the restaurant and hotel breakfast thing (but I'm a vegan, so that actually makes things easier).

My Goals:
- Stick with 1400-1500 calories a day
- Keep fat content low
- Eat whole foods as much as possible
- Stay away from binge eating!
- Keep exercising and doing yoga for stress release

Tam