Old 03-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 290/194/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone. Just thought I would give a quick update. Yesterday and today I was OP. I joined another group challenge that is keeping me eating at least 3 fruits and 3 vegetables for March. The fruits I will have the hardest time with. I have a gag reflex to most fruits so my selection is limited. I need to look into some recipies that will help me with eating the fruit. I have the new Jillian Michaels Video Banish Fat Boost Metaboism. I heard it was like the 30 day shred just longer. I tried it for the first time tonight and although you can pick circuits to do I did them all. 40 min with 5 min warmup and cooldown - 50 min total. It was not like the 30 day shed in that this was all cardio no weights are needed. It did use your body weight to work your muscles and I was dripping in sweat. My abs are still hurting. Jillian is great at keeping you motivated also.

I love reading everyones comments. They are so encouraging but too many to comment on all. Keep up the good work and lets blow past our goals for this challenge
oakeyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:01 PM   #257  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gang!

I'm watching trashy TV (The Bachelor) and catching up with my peeps here. I've got a sick "baby" (my 3.5yo) snuggled up next to me on the couch. Poor little guy woke up last night with bad poopy issues and is running a fever. He rarely gets sick and my heart breaks watching him feel so icky. Once I'm done here I'm going to curl up in bed with him and let him sleep with me tonight.

All is okie-dokie here. Food is all good, exercise is great... Tomorrow's training session will be up in the air since the sick kiddo will be home with me. Hopefully DH will be able to blow off work a lil early so I can meet my trainer. Even if that doesn't work I'll get my session in later in the evening by myself. At some point I must find time to catch up on work. I can't keep up with my life these days.

Lori - Keep on going girl! You are doing great! I can't wait for spring and flowers.

NineApricots - Welcome!!! I hope you get to feeling better very soon!

Jam - Woot! Awesome job with the CF class. I knew you'd have a blast and kick some serious booty! Can't wait to see how the food plan goes with you. I've been feeling like I need to mix things up a bit for me. Just not sure what yet.

Angel - Grats on an awesome day!! You CAN do this everyday!

Nicki - Hope it worked out with the trainer tonight.

Sandy - Sorry to hear about the crazy schedule. I know you'll stay on track and do a great job!

Chubphoto - Yep. Like Jammy said...keep on burning the fat and start building muscle. Weight lifting is awesome! I keep waiting for my body to decide to let go of my arm fat as well.

Anita - Great calorie burn and grats on the loss!

Sweetshauna - YAY for the POP day!

Hattie - Great job with the eating out!

FB - You are full of such wisdom! I love learning from you.

Jam & FB - Grats to both of you for rocking the Feb points challenge. Man...I was on your heels but 1 day of no exercise and 1 meal got the best of me for the month. Still...not too shabby.

Sick, whiney child is up again...I'm off. Hi to anyone I missed.

G'night Friends!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:17 PM   #258  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

Height: 5'7"

It wasn't a "training" session per se. Because I work at a gym I'm friends with a lot of the trainers. Lucky me!! So Clay met with me today and gave me a list and instructions of 9 exercises. They all focus on gluts, abs and legs. Awesome!!!!! So I tanned, did 45 min on the elliptical, went home, did some house stuff, put the child to bed and then did the 30 min ab routine. Whew!!!! Long, busy but productive day. We'll see what tomorrow has in store!
nicki rose98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:21 AM   #259  

S/C/G: 170/154/129

Height: 160cm

Well, almost too ashamed to get on here with how GREAT that you guys are all doing!

Have not been on plan for the last few days. Have been eating some great meals but then losing it a bit as the day goes on. I feel on track today though and am going to get my butt back in the gym after work today.

I've had a little gain, less then a pound, but am hoping to get that off in the next few days.

Can anyone tell me what POP challenge is?
Chinagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:03 AM   #260  
Meow

yay, I am back on track. Went to the gym this morning, ate a nice healthy breakfast. I started the Couch to 5k program! Hopefully I can stick with it. I am pretty stoked about it! =]
kalikat003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #261  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

jamsk8r - Congrates on finishing your class and first!!! Wooo Hoooo!!!! Thats awesome. Now, the sugar thing - you will have the moody withdrawals, atleast I did....LOL....You feel sooo much better though after a week or so.

AngleMae - What a great workout - I'm envious as I haven't done anything in over a week. Keep it up!

NineApricots - So sorry to hear about your headaches and all the tests you have had to go through. I really hope it gets better for you soon. I'll be prayin for you. You have a great support group in here, so keep us posted.

FB - Thanks for all your inspiration and learning we are getting from you. Keep them coming please!

Hey Lori259 - Good to hear from you! I hope you reach that goal too. You and I are in the same area, but you seem to be kicking my butt with walking!! LOL

Well, I am dreading it, but back to bike week tomorrow for 3 more days of grilling and cooking. This has totally thrown me off schedule. I was doing so good with food and workouts before this gig started, and now I can't seem to get it together. Help!!!! I know I have gained a few pounds, because I can feel it. Even on these 3 days off I have done nothing, no workouts and horrible with food at night. What gives?

I'm proud of you guys!!
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:39 AM   #262  
Busy Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinagirl View Post
Well, almost too ashamed to get on here with how GREAT that you guys are all doing!

Have not been on plan for the last few days. Have been eating some great meals but then losing it a bit as the day goes on. I feel on track today though and am going to get my butt back in the gym after work today.

I've had a little gain, less then a pound, but am hoping to get that off in the next few days.

Can anyone tell me what POP challenge is?
Perfectly On Plan!!!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 11:40 AM   #263  
Busy Mommy

Abs are a little achy today but that is good. I just have strength today but am gonna see if I can get some 30DS in later. I get home pretty late but I think I may be able to squeeze in a 30DS!!!! No loss today but I'm okay with it. I'm not giving up!!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 01:02 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 217/196/135

Hello everyone. Just checking in.

I've been doing some jog/walk intervals as well as some HILT and I weighed myself today and am down to 153 from 156. Only 8 more pounds to go! Hopefully I have the energy to walk home from work today. It takes about 45 minutes at a brisk pace, so good exercise, and it's about the only thing I can do today because I'm going to be at work all day long.
cammieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #265  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies just checking in for the day!!

Things are going great here today again!! Woohoo 2 days in a row! My workout today is going to be Zumba tonight!! I am sooooo excited!!

Have a great Wednesday ladies!!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:21 PM   #266  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Hey ladies, just a quick check-in since I'm on my way out the door...had to reschedule the pruning-fest at my sister's place from Mon to today, so that will be a good (or bad) shoulder workout...gonna try to keep it down to a dull roar since I don't want to be crippled from the neck up, so a few hours there, then back here to pick up my boy, as we have our weekly library date today, then skating is tonight for 2 hrs. Hopefully traffic on the freeway won't be the suckfest it was last Weds...the timing of the skate session is right in the middle of the worst time to try to get anywhere in this town...bleh!

I'll have to do replies after skating, but I appreciate the support! Today is my first day of no tea/sugar/milk. I had a good breakfast and am doing okay so far. I am packing my food to take along today, plus the tylenol in case I get the caffeine withdrawal headache, and lots of water. I left myself some sticky notes this morning to remind my grumpy morning self why I'm doing this. So far, so good! Alright, I am off to load tools in the truck and hit the road. Sugar and caffeine are not the boss of me!

Last edited by jamsk8r; 03-04-2009 at 01:22 PM.
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:20 PM   #267  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Talking

Congrats Jam with the class...you go girl! Here is some for the sugar and caffeine. You can do it!!

Congrats cammieb!!

Wow..everyone seems to be working hard! I took the last two days off of exercise...Slept in because it was too cold outside those cozy warm sheets
Too tired at pm. Maybe I will try tonight if I can get the motivation up. Still eating OP. Although last night I only made it to 1500 cals.
Hey everyone..Let's do this!!!!
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:20 PM   #268  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Wow Jamsk8r - Your doing great! With all the prevention your doing, you can't help but beat the caffiene, sugar and mile love. I know I kicked the caffiene and sugar a long while back, and it really gave me a headache/bodyache battle for over a week. I never did the milk though, however I am not a big dairy person anyway. I am back on the caffiene, just one cup in the morning, then it's water all day. Sugar, forget it, I won't go there anymore.

Ok what is the Team Strawberry I keep seeing????? Curious minds want to know??? ;-) LOL

I did good today, and I really dred going back to the catering tomorrow through Saturday because I know it will majorly mess me up again. Oh well.... I did get my 2 miles in today and my food is on track.

ALL of you all are doing great!!! Keep it up!!
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:13 PM   #269  

S/C/G: 198/128/138

Height: 5'7

Minus the past 2 weekends of not so wise food choices, I've been doing well. My only defense is that we were out of town for both at soccer tournaments and it was all fast food. However, beyond that with both exercise and eating I'm doing well. My goals for the challenge are to lose 10 lbs and walk 4 miles consistently. I've lost 3 so far and am up to 3 miles walking.
Congrats to everyone on your progress!!!
amynbebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:07 PM   #270  
BELIEVE!

Hi Everyone!

Super quick flyby for me. I was home with a sick kiddo today. He's actually sleeping in his bed at the moment. Cross your fingers it lasts.... I did manage to get out of the house for my weight lifting session tonight!

Jam - How are you holding up?

I hope everyone is having a fab evening...I'm taking a book and crawling in bed.

G'night.
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote