3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   CC Halloween Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/150592-cc-halloween-challenge.html)

Mommywannabe 09-18-2008 09:06 AM

WooHoo! I love Halloween! I just started last Saturday, so I will make my Goal for 14lbs by Halloween. :sklol:

retiredone 09-18-2008 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chele615 (Post 2367162)
I wore a pair of pants yesterday to work that were a bit snug last year when I wore them. Anyway, I had to wear a belt with them because they were hanging so low on my hips, that I was so afraid that if I stepped on them or something, they would come straight down. I was so excited!!!

We have our "Back to School" night tonight at work and I'm not looking forward to it. At least tonight is when the parents go through their child's schedule and hit each class, rather than the night where the parents have one on one time with the teacher. Although that doesn't really matter because none of my kids' parents usually ever come and I end up giving directions all night long! I usually get one or two parents and they usually just come by to say hello since their kid's awesome and never a problem (I work with learning disabled students) It can get lonely! haha

Wonderful feeling to have lose pants. :D

When I was teaching school we had a similar night called "Meet the Teacher" night. It was held around this time of the month, too just a few weeks after school started. We usually put out all the books and curriculum guides for the parents to have a look at and made sure everything was spic and span in the room before we went home for supper. We live in a small town and at least 2/3 of the teachers lived in or close to town. I got everything ready, laid out the books, made sure my desk was clean and went home for a few hours so I could return about 6:45. Well, I went home alright, got supper, got a bath, put on my pajamas and phoned my sister about something. About 7:15 there was a knock on the door and when I answered it, it was my neighbor telling me that the school was trying to get in contact with me but my phone line had been busy. They phoned her (everyone knows everyone in a small town) and asked her to tell me to get in touch with the school. As soon as she told me that I almost died. I had completely forgotten about the "Meet the Teacher" night. I was dressed and at school before 7:30, very red-faced but laughing. I have parents of the children I taught that year still remind me of the night I forgot to go to school. Have a great evening tonight and don't forget to go.

ChickieBell 09-18-2008 11:43 AM

Hi all y'all,

New to 3FC here. Can I make a goal and join the challenge? OH, and vent and share recipes and calorie counts and successes and humilations?

Peace,
Carrie

jamsk8r 09-18-2008 11:44 AM

Hey all, sorry I haven't been around, but things have been busy and I haven't had time for email or MBs this week.

Well, it's TOM, but actually I'm relieved, because so far this week all I'd managed to do was watch the scale go up a pound. I've been OP for food, been skating, not so good on the lifting and running. Hopefully this coming week will be better and I'll get all my workouts in. Got to get going, but I'll check in this weekend! Hope you all are having a good week!

Beverlyjoy 09-18-2008 12:48 PM

Well....After struggling - I've had some good days, thankfully.

Today in the mail came an order of new clothes from Blair. I am so, so excited....not one was plus size. :)WOW!!! That's amazing for me. They were ladies extra large....but, I will take it!! I am so, so excited.

I wasn't sure when I bought them that they would all fit at this size....they do. :D

I got:

demin jumper
a blue crinkle skirt with a matching lighthouse decorated vest
2 blouses
sweatshirt - aqua

This is just what I needed to give me a smile and help me move forward with healthy eating.

PS...Hi ChickieBell - you sure can join in this challenge. Welcome to 3fc!!

didjaever 09-18-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickieBell (Post 2367624)
Hi all y'all,

New to 3FC here. Can I make a goal and join the challenge? OH, and vent and share recipes and calorie counts and successes and humilations?

Peace,
Carrie

WELCOME!!! You certainly can join the challenge!!

ChickieBell 09-18-2008 02:38 PM

Halloween Challenge

Oh thanks y'all...My goal for Halloween is going to be 210. I'm at work, just got back from an OA meeting, a really good one, and now I MUST concentrate on my spreadsheet.

Joy to all,
carrie

Chele615 09-18-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredone (Post 2367592)
As soon as she told me that I almost died. I had completely forgotten about the "Meet the Teacher" night.

Oh my goodness....that is one of my worst fears! haha Seriously, I have dreams a lot where I'm late for school (like by hours) and I'm frantic in the dreams. And then, of course, I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get myself back to sleep because I'm so worried I'm going to oversleep!!!

retiredone 09-18-2008 03:45 PM

Hi Mommywannabe and ChickieBell. Welcome to the challenge.

Chele615, both my sons have had dreams like that but they actually have gotten up and showered in their sleep. The water woke them up. It happened to them at different times when they had important exams to write. Ha, ha. We all got a laugh out of that.

Hi Cheryl. I'd wondered where you were and what you were up to.

Beverlyjoy, new clothes in smaller sizes ROCK!!!

Horo 09-18-2008 05:02 PM

Beverlyjoy, isn't it just wholly awesome to get new clothes, that fit, in a smaller size? I always get a big grin on my face when I put on something new- smaller than I wore before- and it fits! That sense of achievement can really be motivating to me to keep working HARD so I can experience that again, and lately I have been ordering clothes left and right for the sake of that, lol. :D Good job on getting out of those plus sizes!

Sgirl 09-18-2008 06:32 PM

Hi everyone, just have time for a quick check in.

Jammy, I think we're on the same schedule! I'm on TOM too! Watched the scale go up this week! Argh...oh well. I was really looking forward to seeing how the new plan was working.

Congrats to all who are doing so well!

Chele615 09-18-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredone (Post 2368071)

Chele615, both my sons have had dreams like that but they actually have gotten up and showered in their sleep. The water woke them up.

I have done that too...kinda. I used to set my alarm for 5:40 every morning. I woke up with a start once, and saw the :40 on my alarm clock, so I just assumed my alarm clock woke me up. I got up, brushed my teeth, showered, and came back into my room to get dressed when I noticed that the clock said 12:53. I was so utterly confused!!! I must have stared at that clock for about five minutes before I realized that it was only 1am and I just showered thinking it was time for work. I put my pajamas back on, wrapped my wet hair in a towel, and went back to sleep! The next morning, my dad came out to have breakfast and was like "Why did you take a shower at midnight?" Whoops ;)

Kayhm0711 09-18-2008 11:41 PM

Halloween Goal

I want to be down to 230lbs by Halloween which is about 10-12lbs.

dgramie 09-19-2008 07:28 AM

great week this week..taking my weigh in a day early..-1.8 this week so it puts me at 234.8 only 9 more lbs till my halloween goal.

ChickieBell 09-19-2008 09:02 AM

I want to be at 210 by Halloween. 15 lbs...that IS scary!

Peace,
Chickie