3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   CC Halloween Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/150592-cc-halloween-challenge.html)

cdiem4994 09-01-2008 07:20 PM

My first challenge! I'm a little nervous so......I'm gonna go for 9 pounds. It would put me at 169 which sounds so skinny! :carrot:

FB 09-01-2008 07:54 PM

I'm in! 15 pounds, why not? Good gawd, I'd be 178. Weird. Okay, 15 pounds it is.

AngelMae 09-01-2008 08:49 PM

Count me in to! This is my first challenge. I am going to say 10 pounds! :carrot:

Chele615 09-01-2008 09:48 PM

I love having new challenges to look forward to!! School starts up again tomorrow and I'm hoping to get back into the routine that I was in when school was finishing up at the end of last year. So, I'm hoping to have a good challenge this time around.

I am hoping for 12 pounds....so that would put me at 210 pounds even.

MotoMichelle 09-01-2008 11:03 PM

Woo hoo! :carrot: I'm in!

Setting my goal to be at 194 by Halloween. That'll be a 10 lb loss! :jig:

jyvonne27 09-01-2008 11:04 PM

This is my first challenge too....

I'm gonna shoot for
14 lbs loss which would bring me to 172
30 minutes of exercise at least 5 days a week
Pilates at least 2x a week
Actually starting the couch 2 5k instead of just talking about it :o

ChristinaGetsFit 09-01-2008 11:04 PM

Ok, this will also be my first real challenge. Seeing as I have just started on my journey I was thinking I could go kind of high on the weight loss number. Anyway here is what I plan to do.

1)Lose 15 lbs by October 31'st
2)17 visits to Curves
3)Get in 64oz of water 90% of the time.
4)Keep accurate track of calories in Fitay. 1500-1800daily

I hope thats a good challenge for myself. I have yet to get my daily water in so that will be one of the more difficult for me. With all that's going on with my mom in the hospital and trying to get back into school routine this should really help keep me on track. I am gonna print this out and make a water chart so I can be reminded!

Thanks for the thread jamsk8r.

mrs dorson 09-01-2008 11:34 PM

i am in!

continue with what i have been doing:

exercise everyday!
90 min of cardio monday thru friday
weights on monday, wednesday and friday
30 min of cardio on saturday and sunday

make responsible healthy food choices 90% of time

drink water only at work

adding in this month:

writing EVERY thing i eat down on my daily sheet and adding up the calories (aiming for 1500-1700) but watching for trends mostly

filling water jug at start of day and it HAS to be empty for time i go to bed

jamsk8r 09-02-2008 01:52 AM

21 challengers so far...this will be a good one! Welcome to all newcomers, and welcome back to our returning challengers.

For the first timers, there won't be a lot of personal "welcomes" right off the bat, just because there are too many new postings each day, but as we get more into reporting our progress, it's easier to reply to each post. Just wanted to say that, so you don't feel like nobody cares that you're here, because we do!

I ran my dogs today...1 mile down (they're a little out of shape, lol), 99 to go! I know that goal is not CC related, on the surface, but for me it is part of leading an active, healthy lifestyle, so it's a good goal to keep me motivated. Plus, the timing was too perfect, since we're just starting into cooler weather, which is our running season.

I'll be running myself in a minute. I'm feeling a little tired, so I might just do 30 mins, but if I'm feeling good I'll go for an hour. I like running right before bed, because I find it relaxing, plus it's easier for me not to go bingey afterward if I'm going to sleep. Tomorrow is legs day, so I'll see if I can add any weight to my deadlift this time. I'll check in with you peeps tomorrow!

Horo 09-02-2008 01:53 AM

Yes, the Hallowe'en challenge! This one will be extra special for me because I adore Hallowe'en.
My goals for this challenge:
~ I want to get down to 140 lbs.
~ I want to lose at least an inch off of my waist.
~

Horo 09-02-2008 01:58 AM

Yay, the Hallowe'en goal! This one will be extra important to me as I adore Hallowe'en.
My goals for this challenge:
~Get down to 140 lbs.
~Lose at least an inch off of my waist.
~Work out at least 4 days a week. (Because lately I have been slacking!)
~Walk my large dog more often, now that the weather is cooling down so I won't die out there.
Good luck everyone!
:bat:

auer~j 09-02-2008 07:54 AM

Hi, I'm not exactly new to the boards, but have been away for quite some time. I started back last week with a one week challenge, but didn't have a great week, because of vacation, TOM, etc.etc. So, I'm giving it another go.
My goal is to lose 5lbs by Halloween, baby steps, and to get myself working out again. Good luck to everyone!

Jen

Schumeany 09-02-2008 11:20 AM

OK, I tried to join this challenge last night, but I was having some kind of Internet connectivity issues. Anyway, I am in! I want to lose 10 pounds by Halloween. That will put me down to 157. Which will place me into the supposedly "normal" range for my BMI and put me at exactly 25 down from my start weight. I also plan to do at least 30 minutes of cardio 6 out of every 7 days a week and strength train every other day. 150s here I come!!!!

Stephanie Brim 09-02-2008 11:21 AM

Well, I'm starting today. I had some roadblocks yesterday. I call them black bottom cupcakes. I'm SO not baking those again until I've met my goal.

But anyway, I am prepared. I have lean chicken breast tenders and shrimp in portioned bags, cans of red and black beans, brown rice, lots of spices, a good selection of vegetation, and some recipe ideas in my head. I should do fine.

Tinky009 09-02-2008 12:52 PM

I know I have signed up in the past and haven't posted results, but this challenge hits close to home. I plan on wearing a sexy cop outfit for Halloween so this is perfect! LOL

My goal is to
-Get into a sexy cop outfit
-Get to the 140's by then, I know it's far but I am leaving for vacation in 11 days!
-Work out 5 days a week, even on vacation.

Good Luck everyone!!! Halloween is just around the corner! :witch: