Old 08-04-2008, 09:31 PM   #16  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachcake View Post
I am going to try sticking to my diet on the weekend, I was letting the "slipping" get out of hand on the weekend.
Ahhh, sticking to your "diet" all week, and then slipping on the weekends will definitely "cause" a plateau. When you get to maintenance, it'll be another story. But in order to see a loss, you've really got to keep the plan going. We can really wipe out any deficit created during the week with even one "off" day, yet alone two.

The weekends can definitely be more of a challenge. What with a different scheduele and more socializing. Vow to stay on plan even that much stronger. You will be thrilled beyond belief when you do. Maybe add in a special on plan treat. A fantastic smoothie. A special salad. A low calorie hot chocolate.

Good luck! You can do this.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:38 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/169/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Thanks

Thanks, ShrinkingShrink. I am in the medical/health field and spend quite a bit of time looking at the literature. The latest data coming out about diet soda (and diet in general) is quite interesting. I know some people swear that drinking it is fine and that's OK...for them. But if you've ever dropped a dirty penny in a glass of cola it will definitely make you think twice about pouring that same cola down your throat! Now beer...that's a different story

Last edited by ReadytoRun; 08-06-2008 at 04:40 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
ReadytoRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:13 PM   #18  
Workin' it out

S/C/G: 175/170.6/150

Height: 5' 4.5"

LOL! I'm with you on the beer R2R... and as I write this I sip on a diet 7up! *sigh* old habits die hard.

Peachcake, join us for the Weekend Accountability thread. I've been terrible with "slipping" on the weekends, and I know this has everything to do with why I haven't lost much!

Last edited by ShrinkingShrink; 08-06-2008 at 06:14 PM. Reason: typo
ShrinkingShrink is offline   Reply With Quote