Old 07-27-2008, 01:39 PM   #1  
Waiting on a hot body

S/C/G: 165/153/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Do you need someone else to get healthy with you?

I'm really not sure why, but I have tried changing many things about the way I eat, getting more exercise etc but after a while it all went back to how it was before.

Finally this time, my husband wants to lose a little bit of weight. Neither of us have an excessive amount to lose (25 lbs or so for our ideal). I can't believe how much easier it is now that he is into using better nutrition and exercising along with me.

Are many others here like that too? You need someone as a project, to set an example for and to work with to achieve success?
MalibuBeachBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 02:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I don't think I 'need' someone to get healthy with me. But, it sure helps if you have family or significant other is on board. My DH doesn't really need to lose weight - but, after all this time, he knows the score about certain things. That we don't keep ice cream or cookies in the house. That treats are treats - not for everyday. Also, I cook differently now and we eat differently now. However...he can add different things to a meal that I am not eating - if he wants.

I think it's wonderful that your DH is doing this with you. I am so glad that it makes it go even better for you. Yay!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 07-27-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 03:21 PM   #3  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

***sigh*** I wish that my husband would get on track with me. He needs to lose about 60 pounds. And, if he followed a customized for him calorie counting program, he could lose it so easily. But he keeps eating too much, the wrong foods and drinking tons of sugary sodas. He has lost a few pounds, simply because we don't keep a bunch of junk in the house, any longer.

He is supportive of me and what I am doing. But, so far, I can't get him to jump on my bandwagon. Maybe when I am showing even more loss, he will get inspired and join me. I would really like to see him get the weight off. He has a nasty family history and he is in the "danger age" as far as that history is concerned.

A girl can hope... Can't she?
Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/170/150

Height: 5'8"

I never try to get my man to go on the diet with me, but I let him know I'm trying to lose weight and he is then less likely to suggest dessert if I don't, which helps.

The first 20 pounds I lost was because my sister had about 150 to lose. She lives far away and she was on the verge of starting weight watchers but didn't want to do it alone. I asked her if it would be easier if I did it with her, and we did in online but long distance. She's lost 150 pounds! I've kept off the 20, and now I'm going for 20 more. It was a big help to talk to her on the phone and to see the changes in both of us when we got together.
Mahalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:06 PM   #5  
Workin' it out

S/C/G: 175/170.6/150

Height: 5' 4.5"

When my DH decides to lose weight he's an inspiration to me. He puts his mind to it and he drops 10-15 lbs in a few weeks. Of course, men have that metabolic advantage. But he's also really good at just saying "no" when it comes to off-plan foods.

I find that it is helpful for him to be eating right, but it's not an automatic fix for me. I am still perfectly capable of going way over my calories even when he's on the wagon. Especially because, at 195 lbs, he can eat a lot more than me and maintain his weight!
ShrinkingShrink is offline   Reply With Quote